TikTok marketing strategy for 2022
Have you ever considered launching a TikTok marketing strategy? This might be the best time to do it because the website now gets more visitors than Google! That’s right, that app that features funny dances and memes is now a great place to reach a target audience! As a result, more companies want to have a presence in the app.
If you’re one of the people who haven’t been using the TikTok app, you might not have a clue where to start. While your digital marketing campaign may cover Facebook and Twitter, you will need a different approach to this platform. Fortunately, you can add this as an effective marketing strategy, and this article can guide you every step of the way!
First, I’ll discuss why more companies want to have a TikTok marketing strategy. Then, I’ll show you the many ways it can help promote your brand, from posting the usual ads to asking TikTok influencers to do it for you. After that, I’ll go through what you need to do to start this type of marketing for your brand.
How can TikTok help my brand?
Are you still thinking twice about trying a TikTok marketing campaign? Some countries like Ukraine recognize its impact that one of its universities now has a TikTok faculty!
If you’re still not convinced, then you might want to check out more statistics and data. Here are the ones you should keep in mind in 2022:
- TikTok has been around since 2017, but it was only in China.
- It’s named Douyin in that country, and more than half of its users were below 24 years of age in those times.
- Business of Apps said TikTok had around 837 million monthly active users during the second quarter of 2020.
- According to the Global Web Index data from Q3 2020, 18% of internet users worldwide have used TikTok.
- According to the Digital Marketing Institute, TikTok was available in 154 countries. In those times, a third of its users were in Asia, aged 16 to 64 years old.
- Data from TechCrunch says that it will have 755 million monthly users in 2022.
- What’s more, Social Media Today reported that it might have more than 1.5 billion users in that same year!
— TikTok for Business (@TikTokBusiness) November 29, 2021
Based on the data, you can see that many people go to this platform. This means you will likely find your target audience there. If not, then it’s a great way to find new ones!
Most of its users are young, but more adults are warming up to TikTok. In other words, this social media platform is turning out to be a versatile addition to your marketing campaign!
Read More: More Ways To Promote Your Business
Types of TikTok marketing methods
If you already have a digital marketing campaign, you know many ways to spread brand awareness on the internet. Facebook and Instagram are good examples.
You could publish ads on both social networks depending on your budget. Yet, you could also put posts like any other user-generated content.
Similarly, you can choose such methods on TikTok. Learn more about the ones you could include in your TikTok marketing strategy:
- TikTok videos could be your brand’s bread and butter, just like most TikTok users. Most social media platforms have algorithms that determine the content they will highlight to viewers, and this one’s no different.
- In-feed ads are the standard format for TikTok ads, and they allow you to place your ads on the For You page of your target audience. It comes in various forms, such as TikTok Spark ads that serve as sponsored content. Also, you could have Playable ads that let TikTok users try your mobile software within the TikTok app!
- Top-view ads are like in-feed ads, but they appear first on the For You feed. If your brand needs exposure, this is a good choice!
- Brand takeover ads are branded videos that play full-screen as users open the app.
- Branded hashtags are the words or phrases starting with the number sign. They’re often used to classify content according to its following trend. You can set a viral trend for your brand, so it becomes a trending hashtag. Do this right, and TikTok creators and viewers will boost your organic traffic for you!
- Branded effects are the graphic texts or icons you can add to TikTok videos. With your effects on their uploaded videos, the users create content for you! These could persuade more people to share your hashtags.
TikTok offers more ways to promote products and services, but I can’t fit them all in this list! Visit the TikTok Business Help Center for more information.
How can I start using TikTok for marketing?
Using TikTok marketing strategies is just like implementing the other digital marketing methods. However, you will probably have to start by doing something different.
You probably don’t have time to browse social media casually as a business owner. Yet, you will have to do so with TikTok. It’s the best way you can learn how the platform works!
From this simple act, you will see what the average TikTok user prefers. Also, you will get ideas on how you can build TikTok content for your brand.
After learning the gist of how TikTok works, you can proceed with the usual steps for starting a digital marketing strategy. Learn more about them below:
- Set the goals of your TikTok marketing strategy by determining how it will help your brand. Do you want more people to know more about your products and services? While the social media site can help boost sales, it’s better for spreading brand awareness.
- Identify your target audience by creating a buyer’s persona. You might want to create a new one just for TikTok since its users are different from those on other platforms. Of course, you could just go with the demographic you already have.
- Get a TikTok account for business by activating it on a regular one. It’s free, and it will give you all you need to use TikTok for business. These include metrics and real-time trackers for your content. Click here to learn how to get a TikTok business account.
- See what your competitors are doing by looking at their content. Choose at least three of them to get different perspectives. This will give you more ideas on how to create your branded content.
- Create your first content by following the TikTok Community Guidelines. Make sure it’s a cut above the usual user-generated content by asking for help from professionals. Also, you might want to click here for more branding tips.
- See how your content is doing with the help of your TikTok business account. It has tabs that will inform you about the people watching it.
- Adjust your content based on what you’ve learned from the metrics. If it didn’t produce the results you wanted, apply what you’ve learned to your next content. If it did well, then find ways it could be better.
Still looking for a sign to get your business on TikTok?
👇 👀 👇
— TikTok for Business (@TikTokBusiness) December 27, 2021
If you noticed, a TikTok marketing strategy requires the constant pursuit of improvement. If you’re serious about it, you won’t focus on this one online channel.
Digital marketing covers all the platforms and tools available, from email to social media. Nowadays, more new ones appear, so your campaign must always expand to them.
It can be difficult to do that by yourself, though. Fortunately, LeadAdvisors can handle various parts of your marketing campaign. Click here to learn how it can help your business.