When are the best times to post on TikTok?
The biggest TikTok content creators know the best times to post on TikTok. Contrary to popular belief, making a viral TikTok isn’t that easy. While it only takes a few seconds, the planning behind it takes much longer. Though it may not seem that way because of the silly and funny content, you’ll find it on the app!
If you want to be as big as Jake Paul or Dixie D’Amelio, you must plan your content well. This means knowing the right time to post your videos on Tiktok. You can identify that by knowing more about your channel and your audience. Then, put them together to find out the optimal posting schedule.
We will explain why you need to properly schedule your TikTok videos, just in case you’re not convinced. Then, we will get right into figuring out the right posting time for your TikTok channel. Of course, a proper schedule isn’t the only thing you need, and that’s why we will show you other ways to boost your TikTok channel.
Why should I time my TikTok posts?
People think TikTok is just for teenagers who post funny online challenges and other quirky stuff. Contrary to popular belief, the platform has a more varied global audience.
According to the Influencer Marketing Hub, roughly 66% of its users are under 30 and are female, and this means the content isn’t always geared towards a younger crowd.
As a TikTok content creator, you have a global audience. The top territories for TikTok usage are the United States, India, and China, and the latter alone has over 400 million users every month!
Of course, we all live in different time zones. This means you could be having a great morning in your country while it’s already afternoon somewhere across the globe.
This means you have to be aware of where your target audience lives. Also, that will determine when they’re awake and when they’re too busy to open the app.
Your content won’t go viral if they’re not up placing likes and views on it. In turn, you won’t show up on TikTok’s “For You” page, and that’s where the videos with the most interactions are.
How does TikTok help businesses?
This is even a bigger deal if you’re using TikTok for marketing. If you haven’t been doing it, this might be a good time to start. Here’s how TikTok can help promote your business:
- Content channel – You can use TikTok to provide quick updates about your company. You will have to know the best time to post on TikTok so that your content reaches your target audience while they’re awake.
- Influencer marketing – The top TikTok content creators may help you reach a wider audience. They may promote your products and services, turning their millions of followers into your new customers.
- Advertising – Social media platforms use AI marketing to show your ads to the right people. Similar to Facebook, TikTok also has ads.
Ukraine recently added a TikTok faculty at the Kiev National University of Culture and Arts. This shows you just how much of a big deal TikTok truly is!
TikTok beat Google?!
Yes, you read that right. TikTok is now the most-viewed website in the world! If you couldn’t see why you should know the right time to post on TikTok, this is the biggest reason why you should!
This is major news for businesses worldwide because they must pay attention to their TikTok audience. Of course, online influencers should be glad of this change.
By becoming the world’s most viewed website, TikTok now set itself up as a great way for brands to increase their online presence.
For example, TikTok engagement may not work for an older demographic because it’s unlikely to use this social platform. Also, it may not fit your brand image.
Still, you should start paying attention to this social media platform if you’re a business owner. TikTok matters for any digital marketing campaign nowadays.
On the other hand, influencers are likely to get more views now that TikTok has the most views among all social platforms. This marks the next few years as the best time to join TikTok!
How to get a TikTok Pro account
You’ll need to know more about your audience so you can schedule your content properly. You’ll need a switch to a Pro account for this, and here’s how you can get it:
- Open your TikTok app.
- Tap the three dots in your profile’s upper-right corner.
- Tap “Manage my account.”
- Select “Switch to a Pro Account.”
- Select your business category.
- Afterward, tap Done.
Once you get a TikTok Pro account, you’ll have access to TikTok analytics. Then, you could get to it by tapping the Analytics section in the Settings menu, and now it’s time to check the tabs.
You have two types: Follower and Content. Each one provides a different set of info you’ll need to figure out the best times to post on TikTok. Let’s take a closer look at each one:
- Follower – You will only see its info 24 hours after you’ve switched to a Pro account. Then, you will see various details about your followers, such as their age, gender, and location. What’s more, you’ll see what days of the week they’re active. It will also show various actions like the number of videos watched and posts they liked.
- Shopping – This one lets business accounts sync their product catalogs and link their homepages to their TikTok profile page. Now, you have an even bigger reason to get more traction and higher engagement, as this lets you convert them into sales.
Read More: How To Get Popular On The Internet
What’s a TikTok creator account?
The TikTok business account now has two options: business and creator. You might want to switch to the latter if you meet the following criteria:
- You’re a US-based influencer, or you’re from the UK, Germany, France, Italy, or Spain.
- You’re at least 18 years old.
- Your total views within the last 30 days reached at least 100,000.
- Your TikTok account fits the Terms of Service and the Community Guidelines.
Why would you choose a TikTok creator account over a business account? It will allow you to access Creator Next that help the TikTok community grow and develop using these new features:
- Creator Fund – It’s a feature that lets aspiring creators earn more from their TikTok content. It is based on your number of views, engagement rates, and compliance with the guidelines. Your earnings will change based on followers, feeds, and other daily factors, so you should strive to get the most views and the highest engagement!
- Creator Marketplace – This platform connects creators and brands to work together. The TikTok Creator Marketplace or TTCM shows participating influencers across 24 countries. Click here to see if you have an audience located in these regions.
- LIVE Gifts – You may activate this feature when you’ve posted TikTok LIVE video content. The gifts contain Diamonds that you can redeem for real money. Your audience may buy Coins that they may use to buy the gifts they’ll send to your LIVE clips.
- Video Gifts – Like LIVE gifts, these allow your viewers to give you money, except this feature is for short videos. This extra compensation on TikTok depends on following metrics and excelling at them. In turn, you should aim for maximum engagement by posting high-performing content.
- Tips – These enable influencers to receive some money from their supporters. You get the full amount, but your audience may have to pay service fees.
Getting this type of account is also a one-time process. Just follow the steps for the Pro account, but choose the creator option instead of business at the end.
How do I find the best times to post on TikTok?
Your new Pro account can help you time your TikTok posts properly. Start by opening Analytics and checking the Top Territories. That will show you the countries that view you the most.
If you’re catering to bigger countries, you will have to narrow down the time zones. For example, the United States has four, so you must identify which area truly likes your content.
What’s more, TikTok Analytics time follows Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). If you’re working for a US audience, convert the UTC into its different time zones.
If the conversion shows daytime, that could be a likely location for your target audience. On the other hand, people in that area might not be awake for your content if it’s late at night.
Write down what you’ve found out on a piece of paper or an app. To further elaborate on this, here are the best times to post on TikTok for EST or Eastern Standard Time:
- Monday – 6 AM, 10 AM, 10 PM
- Tuesday – 2 AM, 4 AM, 9 AM
- Wednesday – 7 AM, 8 AM, 11 PM
- Thursday – 9 AM, 12 PM, 7 PM
- Friday – 5 AM, 1 PM, 3 PM
- Saturday – 11 AM, 7 PM, 8 PM
- Sunday – 7 AM, 8 AM, 4 PM
What’s more, you should be aware of the worst times to post video content. Otherwise, your quality content won’t work for you. Don’t post on TikTok during the following EST time slots:
- Monday – 11:00 AM to 9:00 PM
- Tuesday – 10:00 AM to 12:00 AM
- Wednesday – 9:00 AM to 10:00 PM
- Thursday -1:00 PM to 6:00 PM
- Friday – 4:00 PM to 4:00 AM
- Saturday – 12:00 PM to 6:00 PM
- Sunday – 5:00 PM to 6:00 AM
Then, you should try your new schedule. See how it did after a week. Next, look for the times when people checked out your content. Adjust your schedule if needed.
Note that the best TikTok posting times can change depending on where your audience resides. Focus on a few sweet time spots instead of catering to multiple time zones.
Other ways to get more TikTok followers
Knowing the right time to post on TikTok isn’t enough. If you want your influencer career to pop off, you will need to exert more effort and use more methods.
Your favorite influencers are also posting at the right times, but that’s not the only reason they have more followers and better engagement. They post great videos that attract a large audience.
They do many things aside from just having the best publishing schedule. If you want to be a cut above other TikTok users, try using these additional techniques:
Game TikTok’s algorithm
Social media platforms use analytics to learn more about users, such as checking their territories, identifying the best influencers, and measuring metrics.
Then, they check it against their algorithm, a set of rules that their recommendation system follows. If it seems that you’re following metrics, you’re more likely to go viral.
TikTok analytics works similarly. Your TikTok posting times are a major factor, but that isn’t enough by itself. Click here to learn more about TikTok’s algorithm.
Prioritize your target audience when making TikTok videos
The EST times slots can help if you have a major audience located in the United States. After all, the average watch time for US TikTok users is 24 hours a month.
Otherwise, you should focus your video content on the people in your area. This means you should ride the trends specific to your country.
Influencers usually gain a niche following, then that small number of followers eventually spreads your content to other people. What’s more, use hashtags and captions trending in your country.
Remember that you have a global audience.
If you want to increase your follower activity, your video content should be accessible to a wider audience. It must cater to your local area, but it should be okay for foreigners to watch.
This means posting positive content and using humor as much as possible. Just be yourself on camera, so you don’t come off as trying too hard.
Let who you are shine in your content, and more people worldwide will accept you as an influencer. This is your content, so own it!
Just knowing the best times to post on TikTok isn’t enough. You will have to use other methods to boost your content, such as search engine optimization.
You’ll reach more people if you’re present on other social media sites. However, you might not have enough time to manage those accounts along with your TikTok.
Fortunately, LeadAdvisors can help your content rank higher on search engines. They could give you the edge to get the most online clout. Click here for more details.