Great White Elephant Gift ideas
The holidays are approaching, which means it’s time to start thinking about what gifts to get for friends and family. One of the best types of gifts is a white elephant gift exchange because they’re so much fun! You can select a holiday gift perfect for this occasion choosing from our list below.
White elephants have been around since colonial times when they were used to giving an unwanted present, but these days it’s more common to use them in a game where everyone takes turns opening presents until someone gets stuck with the one left. If you’re unsure what type of white elephant gift ideas you should go with this year, then look no further than this blog post!
White Elephant Gift Facts
Do you know what a white elephant gift is? A white elephant gift is a present that is usually unwanted or impractical. They are often given as a gag gift like in Yankee swap or to someone who has everything.
Depending on the host, white elephant gifts are usually done in 2 ways. You can draw numbers or just pick any gift from the pile. Here are some interesting facts about white elephant gifts!
- A White Elephant Gift is a gag gift that is usually humorous and often useless.
- They are given as a light-hearted way to exchange funny gifts and can be enjoyed by anyone regardless of their age.
- The origin of the term “white elephant” is unknown, but it may have originated from giving white elephants to royal heirs in Southeast Asia.
- In the United States, the term “white elephant” was first used to describe a gift in an 1882 magazine article called “The White Elephant.”
- In the South, it’s called Dirty Santa while in most parts of North America, this party game of trading presents is known as White Elephant Gift.
- A white elephant gift can be an item owned but no longer wanted by a person.
- It can also be a gift that doesn’t go over the price limit set by the host.
Fun and Silly White Elephant Gifts for Men, Women & Kids
Whether you’re looking for a for your secret Santa or white elephant exchanges, we have a plethora of options for you. Gone are the days of going to the dollar store and picking up something either too quirky or not thoughtful enough. This year’s White Elephant Gift Exchange is sure to be a hit with these fun and silly gifts!
There are many different types of people in the world, which means there are many different tastes regarding what they want from their gifts at a White Elephant Gift Exchange.
Best Selling White Elephant Gifts
So we’ve narrowed down some really good ideas for those who don’t know what type of person they’re shopping for this holiday season.
We hope you enjoy our list! Happy Holidays everyone!
What to love: With the Dash Mini Waffle Maker Machine, you can enjoy hot and fluffy waffles in just minutes. This convenient little appliance is perfect for small kitchens or those who want to make a quick snack.
- Aside from its White elephant gift-friendly price, this waffle maker is very easy to use.
- By just simply plugging it, you’ll have your hot waffle fresh and ready in no time.
- Also, its 4” non-stick surface is perfect if you’re saving up kitchen space, or at your college dorm, and in your camper/RV trips.
Cons: If not taken care of accordingly, this might not function well after a few months.
Why we like it: With this $15 gift set from I Dew Care, you’ll get 14 face masks. The set includes four different types: collagen, tea tree oil, Eucalyptus, and Acai Berry.
- Whatever your skin concerns may be (fine lines, wrinkles, dryness), there’s a mask for you.
- The sheet mask is a complete set of your skincare essentials.
- From calming your skin, tightening your pores, moisturization, and hydration to skin nourishment, you’ve got it all here.
- Plus, they’re all vegan and cruelty-free.
Cons: Please note that the sets come in just small sizes, not the regular ones.
Why it’s the perfect gift: It’s a little different from what you’re used to seeing because it glows in an array of colors. This lamp will provide hours of entertainment for kids and adults alike while also providing some serious comfort and relaxation.
- This lamp is a realistic replica of the moon as the design is based on NASA’s astronomical data.
- It also uses LED technology to create soft light.
- With only 3 hours of charging, you can enjoy its light from 4-12 hours.
- Plus, it makes for an awesome conversation starter.
- This unique and out-of-this-world lamp is your best choice for your white elephant gift.
Cons: A USB power cord is the only way to charge it, so you would need to get a power block to charge this.
Funny White Elephant Gifts
Why we like it: These light-up chopsticks are perfect for eating your favorite Asian dishes. Not only do they make your food look more appetizing, but they also add a touch of fun and excitement to your dining experience.
- Get set on your food wars with this novelty white elephant gift idea.
- The LED lights will illuminate immediately with their easy-to-use on and off button.
- They’re easy to use and clean – just rinse them off with soap and water when you’re done.
Cons: The handles were just stickers and not the real sabers.
Why we love it: These bright and colorful coasters add personality to any table setting. A great way to show off your sense of humor and love for wine, these coasters are sure to be a hit with friends and family.
Pros: Aside from the retro-style design of the fun coasters, they’ll never warp and are easy to wipe clean. Plus, they’re made of high-quality Paulownia wood that protects your furniture from scratches and spills.
Cons: The printed picture might fade over time after a year or two.
Why it’s for laughs: This white elephant gift idea will have you and your friends coming up with hilarious puns all night long. The game’s objective is to create as many puns as possible before your opponents do. Be warned, though. The judges are ruthless!
Pros: With 200 double-sided cards, Punderdome is sure to provide hours of fun. It’s best for all of those who love wordplay and laughs. While the game can be tricky, this is what you need on those game nights with friends and family.
Cons: The judges can be ruthless, and the puns can alienate some players. Play with the right set of people.
Whether you plan on giving out an unwrapped gift or uncommon goods, we hope you found some of these ideas to be helpful. If you’re aiming for a coloring book or a Star Wars collectible, either will make a perfect gift for your friend group tradition. When it comes time for social gatherings, don’t forget our famous White Elephant Gift Exchange!