How to pin a comment on Instagram
Whether you’re a regular user or marketer, you must know how to pin a comment on Instagram. This will allow you to direct the general vibe of your page to maintain positivity in it. This will help you build a community that people want to join, making them more likely to follow your page.
Pinning comments on Instagram is much more important if you’re using it for marketing. Your goal in using social media is to help your brand reach more people, but you must give them a reason to enter your page. They’re more likely to join if you foster positivity, and pinning comments on your post can help with this too.
We’ll just jump right into it by explaining how to pin a comment on Instagram. Then, we’ll explain why you must consider using this feature, whether you’re an aspiring influencer or marketer. You shouldn’t limit your content’s reach to just one feature, though. This is why we’ll go through the other ways you can gain more online clout.
Steps to pin a comment on Instagram
On July 8, 2020, Meta (formerly known as Facebook) Vice President Vishal Shah tweeted that Instagram will be rolling out pinned comments for every user.
He said that the pinned comments feature allows users to pin comments to the top of the comments thread. Also, he said it lets them manage the tone of their comments section.
Using this feature is as simple as Shah’s description. Here’s how you can do it on the Instagram app, whether you’re using an Android or iOS device.
Let’s start with Android:
- Go to your Profile.
- Head to the comments section of your chosen post.
- Keep your fingers on a comment on your post.
- Tap the pin icon to pin that comment.
Today we’re rolling out pinned comments everywhere 📌
That means you can a pin a few comments to the top of your feed post. By highlighting positive comments, you can better manage the tone of the conversation. ❤️ pic.twitter.com/w2X5grdee7
— Vishal Shah (@vishalshahis) July 7, 2020
You should see a notification that says you can pin a maximum of three comments. If you check that comment, it will have a pin mark and the word “Pinned.”
Now, let’s see the steps for iOS:
- Go to your comments section.
- Go to the post with the comment you want to pin.
- Long tap that comment, then swipe left.
- Tap the pin icon.
- Tap the Pin comment option.
You might be familiar with the similar pin feature in YouTube and Facebook. Unlike these, you can only pin comments on your post if they’re from other people.
You could also unpin a comment so that you can replace it with a new one. Remember, you can only pin up to three.
Here’s how you can unpin Instagram comments:
- Long tap a pinned comment and swipe to the left.
- Tap the pin icon again.
- In the pop-up menu, select the Unpin button.
What’s more, you can pin a comment on Instagram Live. While you’re recording a live video, tap on any comment. Then, select “Pin Comment.”
You may also delete comments on Instagram:
- Tap on a comment.
- Then, tap on the icon with three dots found in the top right corner.
- Tap Manage Comments where you can get rid of up to 25 comments.
- If you need to block or restrict accounts, tap More Options.
Read More: How To Contact Instagram Customer Support
Why should I pin a comment on Instagram?
The feature allows you to set a theme for your page. Your favorite comments let people make sense of your content. After glancing at the top three, they’ll know what you’re all about.
Your followers are likely to discuss your pinned comments. If they’re positive, the conversations are likely to share this vibe. As we said, positivity encourages more people to follow you.
On the other hand, learning how to pin a comment on Instagram is a must for social media marketing, and the pinned comments must effectively introduce and promote the brand.
This is also important for people who sell on the internet. Let’s say you have an online startup that sells shoes, and you have a new lineup that you just posted about.
However, they’re not drawing in as much attention. You can pin the most positive comments on your brand profile, so others are more likely to check your new products.
Like a regular user, you’ll need pinned comments to set a general tone for your brand. Newcomers will see them immediately, so their first impressions will be based on those.
How do I go viral on Instagram?
Learning how to pin a comment on Instagram is just one out of the numerous methods you’ll need to gain internet clout.
Aside from this feature, follow these steps:
- Find your inner voice – You won’t get anywhere with random Instagram posts. Instead, offer something that you can provide to the world. Then, narrow down your options to those people will want to receive.
- Look for inspiration – You probably want to go viral because you want to follow your favorite online influencer. Figure out how they gained that success, and apply it to your content. However, you should still be unique.
- Be present on all platforms – You should set up additional accounts on other social media to reach more audiences. Make sure those other accounts link back to your main Instagram account.
- Always have the best content – Never skimp on quality by using only the best camera and mic for your photos and videos. More importantly, ensure your content is always engaging audiences.
- Communicate with followers – Comment on your posts to start a discussion with your followers. Now that you know how to pin comments on Instagram, you can highlight your profile with their messages.
- Track your progress – You must always know how your content is performing. An Instagram pro account lets you access your profile’s analytics and get one by following the steps in this other article.
- Just keep going! – Becoming an instant viral hit is a one-in-a-million chance. Instead, persist in pumping out quality content, and your Instagram profile will trend eventually.
If you don’t have the feature, your Instagram app might be outdated. Make sure it’s updated to the latest version. Uninstall and reinstall the app if the problem persists.
If all else fails, contact the Instagram Help Center. Submit a message asking about your issue, then wait for a response. At the time of writing, it doesn’t offer live chat support.
Instagram marketers may need more to promote their page. That’s where LeadAdvisors can help. See how it can boost your social media marketing by clicking here.