7 effective methods that increase traffic to websites
It can be hard to promote websites, let alone increase traffic to yours. With so many people and companies racing to attract your target audience, how can you keep up? Fortunately, we have the tips and tricks you need right here!
We’ll start with the article’s namesake and talk more about the best ways to increase traffic to your website. We will cover free and paid services. After all, we want to help you increase traffic to your website, no matter if you’re just starting or finding ways to improve.
Digital marketing is a must for businesses nowadays. Whether you’re running a startup or improving one, you need to promote your website effectively. Let this article guide you to spread your online traffic and increase traffic for your sites.
Top 7 methods of boosting website traffic
- Spread evergreen content.
- Launch an email marketing campaign.
- Improve your on-site SEO.
- Get the best apps.
- Build social proof
- Use Facebook Pixel and Google Analytics
- Publish guest posts and build referral domains.
#1. Spread evergreen content.
If you check various websites, you’ll come across blogs. Nowadays, it’s one of the usual ways that companies use to draw in potential customers. How does this work?
Choose one of those blogs and read it. More often than not, it’s about a topic that relates to the reader. Its relevance to the brand isn’t apparent as well. The goal is to provide useful info.
If readers find your articles helpful, they’ll return for more. Eventually, your articles will be driving traffic to your website. However, you should choose your topics carefully.
You might cover an issue that quickly gets dated. Let’s say you wrote about the results from your country’s elections. Once voting ends, only a few people will bother checking it.
It informs about crypto, no matter what happens to its worldwide trend. Your content must cover similar topics. This makes sure people come back to your site regardless of trends.
Note that this will take weeks or months. People won’t find your website if it only has one article. You’ll have to publish several. Then, you’ll have to wait for people to notice your content.
What’s more, leave a call-to-action at the end. It should urge readers to register for your subscription. This will keep them posted about your content and help you with the next step.
#2. Launch an email marketing campaign.
Let’s say you’ve released several evergreen articles. This may have increased traffic to your website. In turn, you may have expanded your subscriber list.
But now, you’re ready for more. Remember what we said about gathering subscribers? Now, it’s time to put the list to use. This will allow you to launch email marketing.
This plays various roles for lead generation. It just involves sending company updates to subscribers. Let’s see how it could help your sales funnel:
- Awareness – Your subscribers may not know about your other products and services. You may promote these by sending emails.
- Interest – Your email will contain a promo for your brand offerings. Do them right, and your email could convince subscribers to check your other goods and services.
- Decision – The email may contain special discounts or freebies for subscribers. This could convince them to finalize their purchase.
Read More: The 12 Ways To Promote Your Business
#3. Improve your on-site SEO.
Do you see something in common with the previous steps? You’re still doing everything yourself! You write and publish articles. You’re also sending emails.
These alone won’t be enough to increase traffic for your website. They’re limited to how much content you can release. Fortunately, there is a way for your website to drive traffic by itself.
It’s called search engine optimization or SEO. It allows your website to rank high on search results. You need it because of the way people use the internet nowadays.
When they need something on the internet, they often turn to Google. They type what they’re looking for, then hit “Google Search.” Then, the search engine tries to find it.
The search engine will look for certain terms that are related to your query. Afterward, it will show the best matches on the first page. SEO mainly involves using these keywords.
Make sure the right keywords often appear on your website. They shouldn’t just be on the main content, though. Place them on the meta descriptions and other HTML meta tags.
SEO is an organic way to promote websites. If you do it right, you’re likely to appear on top of Google search results. Eventually, this will help increase traffic to your website.
How do you start? Figure out the top search phrases that are related to your brand. Think as if you’re the one looking for your services. What will potential customers type in Google?
#4. Get the best apps.
Let’s take the SEO journey a step further. You can increase traffic to your website even more with the help of certain apps. We just mentioned one of them: Google Trends.
Of course, there are so many other SEO apps on the web. We’ll show you some of the ones you can use for free. Let’s take a closer look at them:
- Answer The Public – This can give some ideas for your next blog. Let’s say you want to write about “cars.” Search it on ATP, and it will show the search phrases that often contain that word.
- Hubspot – This is a customer relationship management (CRM) platform. It helps build business relationships. Specifically, a CRM facilitates processes, maintains customer relations, and boosts profits. Hubspot has one of the free options available.
- WordPress – It’s one of the most well-known blogging services. WordPress allows you to start producing content for free.
Of course, there are numerous paid options too. For example, you could subscribe to Ahrefs’ all-in-one SEO toolset. The previous examples also have paid versions.
After you’ve done the previous steps, you’re likely to appear on top of search results. Once they’ve entered your site, you have to give them a reason to stay.
This is where social proof comes in handy. Social proof refers to people’s tendency to follow what others are doing when making a decision. It’s a psychology term.
It also helps promote a website. For example, people look for reviews when they shop. They’ll check other people’s recommendations and experiences before finalizing their purchase.
There are many ways to incorporate social proof into your content. Similar to SEO apps, you have free and paid options. Let’s look at them closer:
- Reviews and testimonials – These are other people’s comments about your products and services. You could feature them right on your homepage or Facebook page. What’s more, you may want to register on Google My Business. That way, you’re more likely to rank high on searches for local businesses.
- Awards and certificates – A brand may receive accolades for its exceptional goods and services. What’s more, they’re an effective way of promoting websites. Featuring them on your homepage could help increase traffic.
- Influencer marketing – Online influencers are regular people who have millions of followers. They could help you get closer to those fans. In turn, the influencer and the followers may serve as effective social proof.
For better results, you could pay for a digital marketing agency’s assistance. For example, LeadAdvisors can improve your social proof and so much more!
#6. Use Facebook Pixel and Google Analytics.
Suppose you’ve been following the steps so far, congratulations! However, increasing traffic for your website is never over. That’s because technology never stops improving!
Nowadays, we get to see more changes in our devices and the internet. As they emerge, the old ways of promoting websites become outdated.
You should regularly check how your content is doing. Visit it from time to time to see if it needs fixes or updates. Various factors can ruin how your website looks.
Then, you’ll need two apps: Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel. The former is yet another free tool that can show how your website is doing.
Meanwhile, Pixel notifies you whenever a visitor does something on your website. For example, it will note when a visitor makes a purchase. You may see the report on your Pixel page.
#7. Publish guest posts to get more referral domains.
Promoting your website by yourself isn’t enough. After following the previous steps, you should spread your online presence further. Other websites should show your content as well.
Why is this necessary? Remember that your website covers only a tiny portion of the internet. A majority of your target audience hangs around on other websites.
You could reach them by guest blogging. It may involve blog posts, sponsored content, or both. Let’s take a closer look at each one:
- Blogs – Remember the evergreen content from earlier? You should place them on third-party websites too. You may speak with them to host your articles. They’ll host your blogs while they receive your payment and add content to their site.
- Sponsored content – This involves posting content that looks similar to the ones already on the third-party site. Nowadays, they’re more effective than regular blogs. Don’t forget to add links to your website. These will help you gather referral traffic.
Eventually, you’ll get more referral domains. These are third-party websites that link to your content. If you have a lot, Google is more likely to place you high on search results.
You now know how to increase traffic to your website. Note that this is a long-term process. You may rank high on search engine results, but that doesn’t translate as traffic immediately.
It takes weeks or even a few months to see results. Try to improve your website while waiting. What’s more, find and apply new techniques for promoting websites.
Better yet, why not let the experts handle it? You can find them at LeadAdvisors. The digital marketing agency can handle your campaign so that you can focus on your business.
Learn more on how to increase traffic to websites
How can I get more traffic to my website for free?
Optimize your website for search engines by including certain keywords. Then, send emails to your customers to inform them of your latest products and services. You may also publish blog posts that are also adjusted for SEO. You may read the tips above to learn more about how to increase website traffic for free.
How SEO improves website traffic?
Search engine optimization makes it more likely that you rank high on search results. It helps you meet the criteria that the Google search engine uses to provide search results. You can’t just rely on keywords, though. There are other factors you should consider to make sure SEO increases traffic on your website.
How long does it take for a new website to get traffic?
You usually have to wait for two weeks or more to see more traffic on your website. Factors such as local business websites and keywords can affect this duration significantly. Note that there’s no clear way to know when you’ll get more traffic. However, you might want to improve your SEO for quicker results.