7 Effective Methods That Increase Traffic to Websites
Wondering how to boost website traffic? You’re not alone. Every business wants to see their website traffic grow, but it’s not always easy to know where to start. Luckily, there are a number of effective strategies you can use to increase traffic to your website.
In this blog post, we will discuss seven of the most effective methods to help drive people to your site. In this post, we’ll share some tried-and-true methods, as well as a few new tricks that are guaranteed to work for your brand. Let’s get started!
Top 7 Methods of Boosting Website Traffic
- Spread evergreen content.
- Launch an email marketing campaign. [forminator_form id="101630"]
- Improve your on-site SEO.
- Get the best apps.
- Build social proof
- Use Facebook Pixel and Google Analytics
- Publish guest posts and build referral domains.
#1. Spread evergreen content.
Spreading evergreen content is one of the most effective ways to increase website traffic. Evergreen content focuses on topics that remain relevant and don’t become outdated after a short period.
Quality evergreen content could be tutorials, how-to articles, industry news, expert advice, infographics, etc. In order for evergreen content to be successful at increasing website traffic it needs to be correctly tagged with targeted keywords and meta descriptions so search engines can identify it to connect users with the relevant content.
Linking to other reputable websites is also recommended as this will extend your content’s reach and promote further engagement from the audience. By sharing this type of content, you may attract visitors who intend to purchase something or explore other areas of interest within your website.[forminator_form id="101900"]
#2. Launch an email marketing campaign.
Let’s say you’ve released several evergreen articles. This may have increased traffic to your website. In turn, you may have expanded your subscriber list.
But now, you’re ready for more. Remember what we said about gathering subscribers? Now, it’s time to put the list to use. This will allow you to launch email marketing.
This plays various roles for lead generation. It just involves sending company updates to subscribers. Let’s see how it could help your sales funnel:
- Awareness – Your subscribers may not know about your other products and services. You may promote these by sending emails.
- Interest – Your email will contain a promo for your brand offerings. Do them right, and your email could convince subscribers to check your other goods and services.
- Decision – The email may contain special discounts or freebies for subscribers. This could convince them to finalize their purchase.
Read More: The 12 Ways To Promote Your Business
#3. Improve your on-site SEO.
If you want to improve the traffic to your website, on-site SEO is essential. Working to optimize your page titles and meta descriptions can help search engines understand what your pages are about, leading more users to click through from organic search results.
Additionally, using targeted keywords throughout your blog posts and copywriting can enable potential customers or readers to easily find the specific information or product they’re looking for.
Quality content is also an important consideration when considering SEO as you want visitors to return to your site time and time again.
Working on improving your on-site SEO is a great way of boosting web traffic and assisting in increasing the visibility of your website. To learn more about SEO, click here.
#4. Get the best apps.
Let’s take the SEO journey a step further. You can increase traffic to your website even more with the help of certain apps. We just mentioned one of them: Google Trends.
Of course, there are so many other SEO apps on the web. We’ll show you some of the ones you can use for free. Let’s take a closer look at them:
- Answer The Public – This can give some ideas for your next blog. Let’s say you want to write about “cars.” Search it on ATP, and it will show the search phrases that often contain that word.
- Hubspot – This is a customer relationship management (CRM) platform. It helps build business relationships. Specifically, a CRM facilitates processes, maintains customer relations, and boosts profits. Hubspot has one of the free options available.
- WordPress – It’s one of the most well-known blogging services. WordPress allows you to start producing content for free.
Of course, there are numerous paid options too. For example, you could subscribe to Ahrefs’ all-in-one SEO toolset. The previous examples also have paid versions.
After you’ve done the previous steps, you’re likely to appear on top of search results. Once they’ve entered your site, you have to give them a reason to stay.
This is where social proof comes in handy. Social proof refers to people’s tendency to follow what others are doing when making a decision. It’s a psychology term.
It also helps promote a website. For example, people look for reviews when they shop. They’ll check other people’s recommendations and experiences before finalizing their purchase.
There are many ways to incorporate social proof into your content. Similar to SEO apps, you have free and paid options. Let’s look at them closer:
- Reviews and testimonials – These are other people’s comments about your products and services. You could feature them right on your homepage or Facebook page. What’s more, you may want to register on Google My Business. That way, you’re more likely to rank high on searches for local businesses.
- Awards and certificates – A brand may receive accolades for its exceptional goods and services. What’s more, they’re an effective way of promoting websites. Featuring them on your homepage could help increase traffic.
- Influencer marketing – Online influencers are regular people who have millions of followers. They could help you get closer to those fans. In turn, the influencer and the followers may serve as effective social proof.
For better results, you could pay for a digital marketing agency’s assistance. For example, LeadAdvisors can improve your social proof and so much more!
#6. Use Facebook Pixel and Google Analytics.
If you’re trying to increase traffic to your website, then setting up Facebook Pixel and Google Analytics is a great place to start. Facebook Pixel can be used to track the success of your campaigns and improve lead generation, while Google Analytics enables you to monitor traffic on your pages and help draw visitors in.
The data gained from Facebook Pixel and Google Analytics will not only help focus your marketing strategy, but can also help determine which pages need optimization, and target ads towards individuals that are interested in similar products or services.
With these tools, you’ll have more insight into understanding why customers are coming to your site and how often they’re returning. This can help you craft better targeted messaging and create more personalized experiences for visitors, both of which will make them more likely to come back.
#7. Publish guest posts to get more referral domains.
Promoting your website by yourself isn’t enough. After following the previous steps, you should spread your online presence further. Other websites should show your content as well.
Why is this necessary? Remember that your website covers only a tiny portion of the internet. A majority of your target audience hangs around on other websites.
You could reach them by guest blogging. It may involve blog posts, sponsored content, or both. Let’s take a closer look at each one:
- Blogs – Remember the evergreen content from earlier? You should place them on third-party websites too. You may speak with them to host your articles. They’ll host your blogs while they receive your payment and add content to their site.
- Sponsored content – This involves posting content that looks similar to the ones already on the third-party site. Nowadays, they’re more effective than regular blogs. Don’t forget to add links to your website. These will help you gather referral traffic.
Eventually, you’ll get more referral domains. These are third-party websites that link to your content. If you have a lot, Google is more likely to place you high on search results.
By improving your website content, boosting your social media presence, and leveraging the power of email marketing, you can see a significant increase in website traffic in no time.If you need help getting started or want to learn more about this process, schedule a free strategy call with LeadAdvisors today. Their experienced team will work with you to create a customized plan that will help increase web traffic and grow your business.
Learn more on how to increase traffic to websites
How can I get more traffic to my website for free?
Optimize your website for search engines by including certain keywords. Then, send emails to your customers to inform them of your latest products and services. You may also publish blog posts that are also adjusted for SEO. You may read the tips above to learn more about how to increase website traffic for free.
How SEO improves website traffic?
Search engine optimization makes it more likely that you rank high on search results. It helps you meet the criteria that the Google search engine uses to provide search results. You can’t just rely on keywords, though. There are other factors you should consider to make sure SEO increases traffic on your website.
How long does it take for a new website to get traffic?
You usually have to wait for two weeks or more to see more traffic on your website. Factors such as local business websites and keywords can affect this duration significantly. Note that there’s no clear way to know when you’ll get more traffic. However, you might want to improve your SEO for quicker results.