How to grill burgers
Summertime is one of the best times to grill burgers. It takes practice and patience when grilling burgers. However, with some grill master tips, anyone can grill delicious burgers this summer.
When grilling burgers, it is a good idea to know how long you grill each side of the burgers. If you grill for too long, they will not taste great, and you do not want to eat a raw burger.
How long do you grill burgers on each side?
Grilling burgers tastes much better than on a stovetop. However, you must know how long to cook each side of the burger. Cooking time for grilled burgers is a very important part of the process.
If you want delicious and juicy burgers, knowing how long to grill each side is important. If you are using a grill for cooking your burgers, heat to high heat or heat the coals until they glow bright orange and ash over.
You want to make a patty with ¾ inch thick burger. Divide your ground chuck into equal portions. Then season both sides with salt and pepper.
You want to brush the burgers with oil. Grill the burger patties until they are golden brown and a little charred on the first side. This is about 3 minutes for ground beef and 5 minutes if you are grilling turkey.
Then you will flip over the burgers and repeat this step for the other side. When you want medium-rare burgers, cook the sides for 4 minutes each if you want to add the cheese, 3 minutes or until the desired degree. Many people like to add BBQ sauces or other condiments to their burgers as well.
What type of BBQ to use to grill burgers?
Several BBQ sauces go great with grilled burgers. Some of the favored sauces include Sweet Baby Ray’s Original sauce because it is very well balanced and great to dip fries in.
Kansas City BBQ Sauce has a deep and smoky flavor with a little bit of sweetness.
Bull’s-Eye Original is a tomato-based BBQ that tastes like fast food sauce. It has some ketchup undertone and some pepper taste as well.
There are great ways to grill the best and juiciest burgers in the neighborhood.
Related Article: What’s the Hottest Pepper in the World?
What is the secret to juicy hamburgers?
Want to make a great burger? Grilled hamburgers that are juicy and an all-around good burger are easy to make if you follow this step-by-step burger recipe.
- Use 80/20 ground chuck: An 80 percent lean and 20 percent fat content is the best choice for burger patties. This will give you a juicy burger. Freshly ground beef always tastes better as well.
- Make a thumbprint in the middle of the patty: Use your thumb to make a deep dent in the middle of each patty. This keeps the burger from puffing up.
- Season w/ salt and pepper: Sprinkle the outside with salt and pepper.
- Use Canola oil, cast iron, and high heat: Cast iron produces evenly cooked burgers. You can put the cast iron pan on grill grates, do not touch it until you flip them.
- Flip Once: When the crust forms at the bottom, use a metal spatula and flip them over. Recommended cooking time is 3 minutes per side.
- Get the temperature just right: The perfect burger is how you would like it to be. You want to make sure there is an internal temperature of 145 degrees.
Now that you can make a juicy burger, you should be able to impress your friends. However, some people like a marinade on their burgers.
Knowing how to marinate a burger can be useful as well. It changes them up a little and gives people something great that they were not expecting.
How to marinate a burger
Some burgers can cause burgers to break apart on the grill, especially if they are homemade. Here are some easy steps you can take to keep your burgers together while you marinate them.
- Season the ground chuck or the meat you want to cook. You can use pepper or garlic to your mixture or just salt and pepper. You should use some binding agents to help the burger stick together. Add one beaten egg and one cup of fine breadcrumbs and mix.
- Form burgers using your hands. As the patties take on liquid, they will swell a little bit. They need to be as cold as possible. Place the patties in the refrigerator or freezer for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Prep the marinade and make sure all ingredients are combined well. Pour into a shallow dish to put the patties in and cover patties with the marinade. Vinegar and lemon juice are too acidic to use. Chill the marinade before adding burgers.
- Use a skewer to put three holes in the burgers before putting them in the marinade. Leave them in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Cook the burgers.
You will be amazed at how amazing the burgers will taste. If you use a gas grill, it will shock you how great the burgers will taste.
How to grill burgers on the gas grill
Grilling burgers on a gas grill is easy. First, make sure you get quality meat. The best meat is straight from the butcher, and it is 80/20 ground chuck.
Chill the meat mixture well. Keep the meat cold until it gets put on the grill. This will make sure the fat stays put. Before you handle the meat, run your hands under cold water while making balls of 7 to 9 ounces.
Prep your gas grill. Heat it too high, and if it runs hot, medium-high would be the best for the grill. Season the burger with salt and black pepper and possibly a rub that you like. Add optional wood smoke for flavor.
Grill the burgers on the gas grill. Arrange them on a very hot grate. Put 30 percent of the grill grate empty. This is where you can move your burgers if there is an accident.
Grill burgers for 3 to 4 minutes on each side until seared. Use a thin-bladed spatula to flip them. Do not press on them. This causes them to lose juices.
Once you think they are finished, use a meat thermometer through the side toward the center.
To sum it all up, grilling burgers is one activity many of us do in the summer and hot months. Burgers taste much better on a grill than on a stovetop.
Getting the perfect burger takes some time and patience. However, if you have the best recipe and the time, you can grill burgers that are out of this world.
We have included some recipes and tips on grilling the best burgers in the neighborhood and some burgers your whole family will love.
It does not take much to make the best-grilled burgers this summer. They will be juicy and delicious. You will never eat any other type of burger.