Delicious almond flour recipes to try
If you’re looking for tasty almond flour recipes, you’ve come to the right place. These are easy to make. Try these delicious recipes today! Whether you’re looking for breakfast, lunch, or dinner ideas, there’s sure to be a recipe here that will fit the bill.
10 Health Benefits of Almond Flour
If you’ve been following a gluten-free diet or have Celiac disease, you’re likely no stranger to almond flour recipes. This finely ground flour is made from almonds and is a popular alternative to wheat or all-purpose flour. Almond flour is a great way to add extra protein and fiber to your diet.
Not only does it impart a subtly nutty flavor to baked goods, but it’s also chock-full of health benefits.
Here are ten reasons why you should add almond flour to your list of go-to ingredients:
- It’s high in fiber. Almond flour is a great source of dietary fiber, which can help keep you regular and promote healthy digestion. One serving of almond flour provides about 20% of your daily needs for fiber.
- Almond flour helps regulate blood sugar levels. It can help improve blood sugar control and insulin sensitivity.
- It’s low in carbs. Almond flour recipes are perfect for those who are on a low-carb diet. It’s also a good choice for people who are on carbohydrate-restricted diets.
- Almond flour is gluten-free. It is a great choice for people with food allergies or sensitivities. Which also makes it a good option for people with Celiac disease.
- It’s low in sugar. The low-sugar content makes it a good choice for diabetes or blood sugar issues.
Protein can help you maintain muscle mass as you lose weight. One cup of almond flour provides about 60% of your daily recommended intake of protein!
- Almond flour is rich in antioxidants. These can protect your body from harmful free radicals. Preparing almond flour recipes will give your body antioxidants.
- It’s rich in vitamins and minerals. Almond flour is rich in magnesium, potassium, and vitamin E that are beneficial to health.
- Almond flour is high in monounsaturated fats. These fats are healthy for the heart and can improve heart health.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties. It may help reduce the risk of heart disease and diabetes.
4 Almond Flour Recipes to Try in the Kitchen
Wondering how to use almond flour? Check out these top almond flour recipes! There’s something for everyone, from delicious breakfast ideas to easy dessert recipes.
Almond flour is a great gluten-free and grain-free alternative to wheat flour, and it’s perfect for baking. So what are you waiting for? Start cooking!
Fluffy Almond Flour Pancake
- 1/2 cup almond milk (unsweetened)
- Four large eggs
- One ripe banana
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups almond flour/almond meal
- Pinch of salt
- Any vegetable oil for frying the pancakes ( avocado, coconut, etc.)
For the toppings
- Seasonal fruit
- Honey or Maple syrup (for drizzling)
- Combine almond milk, vegetable oil, eggs, baking powder, almond flour, and salt in a blender. Blend until mixed evenly and the batter is smooth enough.
- Place your non-stick pan over medium heat. Heat 1 teaspoon of your preferred vegetable oil. Pour 1/4 cup of the batter.
- Using your spatula, spread and flatten it gently. Cook for 1-2 minutes until bubbles appear.
- Then flip your pancake and cook the other side for two minutes. Or until your pancake turns golden brown.
- Repeat the steps with the remaining batter.
- Drizzle with honey or maple syrup.
- Put fresh fruits on top. Serve warm.
TIP: In this almond flour recipe, you can substitute almond butter for the vegetable oil used in frying.
Gluten-Free Almond Flour Banana Bread
- 2-3 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil (additional 1 tsp for greasing the pan)
- One tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar/1/4 cup maple syrup
- Three large eggs (kept at room temperature)
- 1/4 cup Flaxseed (grounded)
- 2 cups Almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon (grounded)
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (additional 2 tbsps for sprinkles)
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Then grease your loaf pan (9×5 or 8×4 inch) with one teaspoon of oil. Arrange a piece of parchment paper in the middle. Leave the excess paper hanging on the sides. This will help you remove the bread easily.
- Using a medium bowl, combine and whisk the mashed bananas, eggs, oil, coconut sugar (or honey/maple syrup), vanilla extract, and apple cider vinegar.
- Whisk the flaxseed, cinnamon, baking soda, almond flour, salt, and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients. Then fold the chocolate chips.
- Place the formed batter in the greased pan (step #1). Spread the top to smooth, then sprinkle it with chocolate chips. Press it gently onto the surface.
- Bake the loaf bread for 55-60 minutes or until it’s golden brown. If a toothpick placed in the center comes out clean, it’s good to go.
- Let this almond flour recipe cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Then place it on a cooling rack.
- Slice and serve.
Paleo-Friendly Almond Flour Brownies
- Four large eggs (kept at room temperature)
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts (divided and chopped)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted then cooled)
- One 1/3 cups maple syrup
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsps cocoa powder
For the chocolate drizzle (optional)
- 1 tbsp dried strawberries
- 2 oz. chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Arrange parchment paper on an 8×8 square baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine cocoa powder and almond flour until there are no lumps.
- Pour in maple syrup, coconut oil, eggs, vanilla extract. Then whisk until mixed evenly.
- Mix in 1/2 cup of the nuts.
- Move batter to the pan with the parchment paper. Then using your spatula, spread it through the pan.
- Top it with the remaining walnuts/pecans.
- Bake it for 35-40 minutes. Once you insert a toothpick in the middle and it comes out clean (or with tiny crumbs), it’s already cooked.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes. Then remove it from the pan and transfer it to a cooling rack. Let it cool down before slicing.
- If using a chocolate drizzle, prepare it by putting the chocolate chips in a bowl. Then melt it in the microwave at 30-second intervals. Mix them in between the heating.
- Top the brownie with melted chocolate and dried strawberries.
- Slice this almond flour recipe before serving.
Almond Flour Banana Muffins
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup walnuts (finely chopped)
- 3 large eggs (beaten)
- 1/4 cup almond milk or full-fat coconut milk (unsweetened)
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium-sized bananas)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
TIP: All almond flour recipes listed above go perfectly with toppings like cream cheese frosting or whipped cream.
Like oat flour, Almond flour is a versatile ingredient that can be used in sweet or savory dishes. Also, an excellent ingredient if you prefer gluten-free baking. We hope you try these almond flour recipes and enjoy them as much as we did! Good luck trying all of the recipes above, and happy cooking!