Healthy snacks to buy on Amazon
Whenever you hear the word snacks, junk food is the first thing that comes to mind. With almost everyone joining the healthy lifestyle bandwagon, let’s break that misconception about snacks. If you can find low-calorie healthy snacks, then you’re on the right track.
Having snacks in between your meals doesn’t mean you are breaking your diet per se. Eating in between meals is essential to your diet as it can help you prevent binge eating. If you starve yourself too much, the next meal will have you craving for more. It will result in eating more than what you plan to consume.
What are the healthiest store-bought snacks?
What if there are numerous products in-store now to change the way you look at your snacks? Yes, there are healthy snacks to buy as substitutes to the junk food you were used to as a child. What makes a snack healthy? Scroll down to learn more.
- Low-fat yogurt
This is a staple in almost everyone’s pantry nowadays. The high amount of protein, potassium, and calcium in yogurts makes it on your list of healthy snacks to buy.
- Frozen fruits
Frozen fruits also have vitamins and minerals, as these are being preserved once they are frozen. They’re more affordable too. You can munch this solo or add it to your yogurt. You can even make smoothies with these.
Make it hard-boiled. When you’re aiming for weight loss, eggs are one of your best friends. Aside from it being healthy, it is packed with a good amount of protein. This is an effective way to prevent you from binge eating. Once you have eaten 1, it is already filling. It could last you a couple of hours before you can get hungry again.
- Whole grain bread
Choosing this type of bread is one of your healthy options for a snack. You can reap the benefits of nutrients such as fiber, protein, Vitamin B, and antioxidants. Having whole grains or almond flour is known to reduce the risk of heart disease and diabetes. You can always pair this with your low-fat cheese or peanut butter.
10 Healthy Snacks to Buy on Amazon
If you’re searching for healthy snacks to buy, be sure to look for the ones with healthy fats and watch out for the added sugar. You might want to keep a tab on the calorie count. For snacks, it’s advised to go for 200 calories or below. To be sure, aim for snacks with 130 calories up to 140 calories. Scroll down for a bunch of healthy snacks you can buy.
- Flavor: Sweet and Savory Variety Mix (caramel, cheddar, and apple cinnamon, buttermilk ranch)
Single Serve 0.67oz, 30 counts, gluten-free
- Price: $19.75
- What we love about this: It’s oil-free as it’s popped and not fried. Perfect for your health goals as it’s made of corn and whole grain brown rice
- It’s a good bread substitute. You can have your variety of sweet and savory flavors all in one pack.
- Pros & Cons: You will get a variety of flavors with this pack. Plus, you can consume 11-13 grams of whole grain per serving. The only con is that it’s not sodium-free.
- Flavor: (4)Roasted and Salted, (3) oz. Bags of Chili Roasted, and (2) Honey Roasted
Pack of 9, a bag of 0.75 oz., gluten-free
- Price: $22.00
- Why we love it: It is Kosher and Halal certified. Plus, it’s a plant-based snack pack with protein that’s great for your diet.
- Pistachios are a good source of fiber and unsaturated fats. This snack has various flavors that you’ll enjoy—no hassle in removing shells while eating.
- Pros & Cons: When you’re snacking on this, you’re reaping the benefits of a plant-based protein. Plus, it’s also non-GMO. You can even use this as an ingredient in your recipes. The only con is that its chili flavor might be intense for your palate.
- Flavor: Loaded Taco
Pack of 12 (1.1 Ounce), low carb, and gluten-free
- Price: $36.99
- We like this: This is perfect for health enthusiasts as it’s baked and not fried. Pack with 19 grams of protein. You can enjoy the taste and flavor of a regular chip without the guilt. It only has 4g carbs per bag.
- Plus, there’s no added soy to those who have allergies. It is a high-protein snack in a bag. All ingredients are dairy-based to ensure you get the nine amino acids your body needs.
- Pros & Cons: The savory flavor of this protein snack will satisfy your chips’ cravings. A bonus is that its soy and oil-free. It’s also perfect for your Keto diet. This may taste bland for some, but you can always eat this with dips.
- Flavor: Cinnamon almond
11 Oz, vegan, gluten and grain-free 4g Net Carbs
- Why it’s healthy: It’s perfect for your keto or any diet as it’s sugar-free and has the right amount of carbs. It’s a mix of coconut, sunflower seeds, almonds, chia seeds, cinnamon, and sea salt.
- It has a natural monk fruit sweetener, so it’s 0 g sugar. It tastes the same as sugar without the harmful effects. You can enjoy this granola without sacrificing your pleasure for eating as it has excellent flavor.
- Pros & Cons: This snack is great for kids and adults alike. It’s even an ideal breakfast cereal. Plus, the monk fruit sweetener was used as medicine and considered a superfood. The only con is that the monk fruit blend’s main ingredient, erythritol, can have side effects for some.
- Flavor: Himalayan pink salt
5 Oz bag, Paleo, vegan, and grain-free chips
- Price: $9.99
- Why it’s good for you: It’s organic, making it all the more essential to your list of snacks. This is made of organic plantains, coconut oil and seasoned with Himalayan pink sea salt.
- Also, naturally, upcycled bananas are used to make plantains. Guaranteed to give you 84 minerals, it’s savory like you’re eating a regular bag of chips.
- Pros & Cons: Aside from how healthy bananas are, it’s also USDA certified organic, vegan, non-GMO, Kosher, and gluten-free. The only con is that it can be salty for some.
- Flavor: Maple pecan glazed, honey and almonds glazed, pomegranate vanilla cashews, pomegranate pistachios
Pack of 12, 1.5oz bag
- Price: $32.45
- Why we love it: Each bag contains a combination of premium ingredients. It has no artificial flavors or preservatives that are perfect for health buffs like you.
- You’re sure to get that protein boost you needed after a long day or workout. Even if you’re just at home and want a quick munch without the guilt, the combination of nuts will give you an energy boost.
- Pros & Cons: It’s made only with natural ingredients and certified non-GMO. The only con is that if you’re sugar conscious, honey almonds flavor can be a tad sweet for your taste.
- Flavor: Cacao Goji
8 oz. bag at 11 Servings, gluten-free
- Price: $8.82
- We like this: This will satisfy all you sweet tooth out there who’s on a diet. It’s a power snack that is a combination of nuts, seeds, and premium superfoods.
- It’s goji berries with cacao. A perfect snack for a day in your gym or sports can provide you energy throughout your day.
- Pros & Cons: Aside from it’s made from premium quality ingredients, it has no artificial ones. It’s certified USDA organic, non-GMO, and plant-based. The only con is that it’s not recommended for pregnant women.
- Flavor: Dark chocolate
Pack of 32 bags and 100 calorie count
- Price: $18.69
- Why it’s good for you: Your craving for sweets can turn up any time of the day. This dark chocolate oven-roasted almond is your healthy substitute for the actual chocolate.
- You get that extra kick of sweetness without crashing on your diet or calorie count too much. It was sweetened with a sugar-flavored stevia extract, a healthier option than your regular sugar.
- Pros & Cons: Loaded with vitamin E, this snack is cholesterol and trans-fat-free. Enjoy its rich taste while getting the benefits of protein and fiber. The only con is that it’s irresistible. You might pop another pack. Discipline is critical. Also, you might find the chocolate cover a bit thin. It was to maintain the 100 calorie count.
- Flavor: Natural berries and cherries
Pack of 110 single-serve bags at 0.9oz each, gluten-free
- Price: $33.74
- What we like about this: This healthy snack is the composition of real cherries and berries. The burst of flavor comes from the natural taste of real fruits.
- It’s a healthy alternative to other snacks when you want a quick bite with Vitamin A, C, and E.
- Pros & Cons: It’s ideal for your diet as it’s gluten, fat, and preservative-free. Another bonus is, it won’t stick to your teeth, so it’s travel-friendly too. The con is that the variety of flavors wasn’t evenly distributed, depending on each box.
- Flavor: Vegan White Cheddar
1.5oz at 12 counts, vegan and gluten-free
- Price: $25.50
- Why we love it: A typical cheesy puff only without the cheese sounds fantastic? This protein snack is from legumes and a tasty puff.
- It tastes like eating a regular cheese puff but the healthier option. It’s also USDA-certified organic and non-GMO with 130 calories, 4g protein, and 3g fiber.
- Pros & Cons: This snack is ideal for those with allergies as it’s nut and soy-free. It’s also environmentally friendly as chickpeas release nitrogen as they grow. Don’t expect to get the exact flavor of the usual cheese puffs, as these are of chickpeas.
What are the best snacks for weight loss?
Do you ever wonder which healthy snacks suit you? Snacking nowadays can be a healthy habit that can satisfy your hunger. It can be as easy as just having a handful of dried fruits or kettle corn and a granola bar. You can benefit from eating high-protein snacks.
As protein can help you lose weight and belly fat as your muscle mass increases. Here are your healthy snack options for weight loss that you can easily prepare:
- Fresh fruit skewers with yogurt
- Banana slices with peanut butter
- Frozen berries with cottage cheese
- Apple slices with almond butter or cheese on top
- Yogurt with chopped fresh fruit sprinkled with granola or nuts
- Peaches with soft tofu
- Veggie sticks with cashew dip
- Whole-grain crackers, cheese, and carrot sticks
- Protein bars with nuts or dates
- Trail mix – Mix unsweetened dried fruit, nuts or seeds, and whole-grain cereal.
Having outstanding balance in everything is essential to your wellness. Snacking is a part of your eating routine. Skipping it won’t mean you’re doing more good, but rather more harm to your health. Choosing the right snacks to buy is critical to satisfying your eating pleasures without sacrificing your good health entirely.
Subscribe to our newsletters! Get updates right into your inbox
As an Amazon Associate INQUIRER.net will earn from qualifying purchases.