How to spend Amazon coins
Amazon.com now offers Amazon coins to its loyal customers. They work like discounts you can buy from Amazon to reduce prices in certain apps and games. That is another way this retail giant provides great benefits for its users. Before purchasing your first coins, you have to learn a few more things.
You need to know the specific apps and games that accept Amazon coins. What’s more, you have to know where to buy them and what you need to do so. Fortunately, these are quite easy to learn as they only take a few steps. Even better, I will go through everything about Amazon coins in this article!
First, I’ll share more details about Amazon coins, specifically the number of discounts they provide. Then, I’ll show you how to use those tokens and explain how to find the apps and games that accept them. Of course, the internet provides many other ways of saving money on online transactions, so that I will cover those later.
What are Amazon Coins?
As I’ve said, the massive e-commerce company offers Amazon coins as a way for consumers to spend less on certain online games and mobile apps.
Amazon defines them as a “virtual currency,” but make no mistake, these are not cryptocurrencies. You cannot buy some and wait until their prices go to the moon!
Each one is worth $0.01, and you can purchase them as discounted bundles on the Amazon Appstore app, its homepage, and its Fire Tablets. Take note that you cannot refund these coins.
After buying some, you may confirm how many you have using the three options I’ve mentioned. Here’s how you can check your Amazon coins in each one:
- You could check them on the Coins Account page and the Buy Coins web page if you bought from the website.
- The Amazon Appstore is available on Windows 11 and Android devices. If you buy Amazon coins this way, you may check your balance in the top-right corner.
- If you got them from your Fire Tablet, use them to enter the Appstore LIbrary. Next, tap the navigation bar on the left to find Amazon Coins. After that, tap Redeem Coins to look at your balance.
How can I use my Amazon coins?
After buying some, you should know how to spend Amazon coins. It’s as simple as checking if your app or game accepts these tokens. This feature is an option in certain app purchases.
Sadly, Amazon says that eligible apps, games, and in-app items may vary as time passes. That’s why I didn’t specify the ones that support it right now.
It might be a good idea to check the ones you are currently using for this option. You cannot spend Amazon coins on items outside the Amazon Appstore and subscriptions.
You might find other sites that offer Amazon tokens. The e-commerce brand reminds users that its coins only come from its Appstore. Avoid sketchy sources, as they’re likely scammers!
Read More: How to Save Money on Groceries
How can I send Amazon coins as gifts?
You may also receive Amazon Coins from gift boxes. However, those expire a year after the date you received them. On the other hand, the Amazon coins you buy will stay in your account.
If you received a gift box, you might redeem the tokens inside via PC, Appstore, and Fire Tablet. You will have to enter the code that comes with the package:
- From your computer’s browser, head to the Claim Coins page. After that, log in to your account, then redeem your coins by entering the code.
- If you’re using an Android device, tap on Coins found at the bottom of the screen. Next, choose Gift & Claim and then follow the steps that will appear.
- From your Fire Tablet, go to Amazon Coins, and then tap Gift Coins. Perform the instructions that show up.
You may send Amazon Coins to your friends, but you must live in the US, UK, or Germany. What’s more, those folks should also live in your country.
Also, you cannot give the tokens to your account, though. Instead, you’ll have to follow certain steps, based on the device you’re using: PC, smartphone, or Fire Tablet:
- Those using PCs must first head to the Coins page and log in to their Amazon accounts. Then, they must follow the instructions that show up. After that, they will have to choose a gift denomination, then tick the box Give Amazon Coins as a gift.
- From the Android Appstore, start by selecting Coins from the bottom screen. Afterward, choose Gift & Claim and follow the steps that appear.
- Look for Amazon Coins on the left from the Fire Tablet library, and then select Gift Coins. Next, follow the instructions that show up.
How can I make money online?
The best way to afford more online purchases is to earn more money. That way, you can afford more items, even those outside Amazon. Here are some of the best options:
- You might want to get a remote job as a side gig. That will allow you to make more money during your spare time, in the comfort of your home.
- Also, you could spend less and save more cash. This might be an old method, but it still checks out today.
- Some sites pay money after you answer their surveys. They help other companies do market research, and they use the compensation as an incentive. However, you should only work with reputable sites. Note that these websites don’t pay a lot.
- You will have to promote a company’s products and services on the internet to earn money. Moreover, you may apply for affiliate marketing programs. For example, LeadAdvisors has a great affiliate program you might want to try.
- If you have a lot of stuff lying around, you might want to try selling them. So many websites can connect you to potential buyers. It also helps declutter your home, so it’s a win-win!
I just explained how to spend Amazon coins. Check the apps and games you’re using now, then see if they will let you use these tokens. If they do, that might be your cue to buy some.
Also, I shared a few ways to earn more money on the internet. The extra cash will enable you to purchase more things on the internet, even those outside Amazon.
If you want more personal finance tips, read more Inquirer USA articles. Otherwise, check them out anyway to learn more about the latest global trends!
If you are interested in content marketing, please email [email protected]
Subscribe to our newsletters! Get updates right into your inbox
As an Amazon Associate INQUIRER.net will earn from qualifying purchases.