The best online MBA programs
The right online MBA program can take your career to the next level. Even better, you don’t have to leave your home and expose yourself to the coronavirus. There are so many options on the internet, so how can you find the best ones?
We will help you find the right MBA by showing our top picks. However, we do understand that many readers are not familiar with how online MBAs work. That’s why we’ll talk more about these remote education programs later.
Nowadays, you can further your career by taking various online courses. This is a great opportunity, especially if you don’t have much time on your hands. To save time and money, you should look for the best options.
The top universities for online MBA degrees
#1. University of Florida Online
It was founded in 1853. Then in 1999, the University of Florida’s MBA Program offered one of the first fully accredited online degrees.
Nowadays, major outlets regard UF MBA as one of the best in the world. These include US News & World Report and Financial Times.
It has students enrolled from various countries and organizations, including government agencies and Fortune 500 companies. It proudly reports that it has 2,240 online students.
The University of Florida’s online MBA program has two types: the one-year and two-year. The best choice will depend on your needs. Read below for more details:
- One-year – This is the fastest way to get an online MBA at UF because it lasts only 16 months. It’s available for those who graduated within the last seven years with an undergraduate business degree.
- Two-year – This maintains the same quality that helped UF MBA become the best in the United States. Choose this if you want a lot of flexibility from your online MBA.
What’s more, you may get credit for military training. UF’s online MBA program also offers the opportunity to study overseas.
#2. Florida State University
This other university from the Sunshine State was founded in 1851. The FSU boasts various programs that earned their places on national rankings.
The US News & World Report ranks it as one of the top schools. Specifically, its MBA program is number 28 among public schools. It’s also the 18th Best Online MBA Program for Veterans.
One of the great things about FSU is that it lets students take online MBA programs at any time. However, you may have to follow its schedule for face-to-face activities.
You have a lot of options if you pick Florida State University. It lets you choose from two online MBA formats. Let’s take a closer look at each one:
- Online, part-time – This is an affordable option that lets you take classes at your pace. It lasts seven semesters and charges the same price, no matter where you are. The FSU says you may immediately apply the lessons at work. You may also customize this online MBA program.
- Online, part-time with real estate specialization – This is one of the US’s largest and most successful programs. It keeps its place among the country’s Top 10 public school programs. This online MBA program offers a set of electives that mostly covers real estate analysis and finance.
Read More: What Are The Benefits Of Online Learning?
#3. University of North Carolina
Let’s move from the Sunshine to the Old North State. University of North Carolina’s online MBA program has been around for 10 years. It provides the following benefits:
- A STEM-designated degree that helps you keep up with data-driven workplaces.
- Coursework that prepares you in facing every challenge with skill.
- Experiences that expose you to various global perspectives.
- Up to 42,000 alumni will help you reach your goals long after graduation.
You may choose five concentrations for your online MBA. These are made up of courses that help you succeed in a specific field. These are your choices:
- Finance – This covers taxes, real estate, business strategies, and financial statement analysis.
- Decision Making and Data Analytics – Students who want to use data to make sound business decisions.
- Entrepreneurship – If you want to bring your business ideas to life, this is the best pick. It covers a wide range of topics like corporate strategy and business innovation.
- Strategy and Consulting – This will prepare you to become a business consultant and take on other related roles. It will provide you with the management and leadership skills you need to expand your role in your current company.
- Marketing – This provides courses such as services marketing and product management.
What’s an MBA?
You might have known about MBAs before reading this. Yet, there are still those who don’t know what it does. This section will serve as a guide so they could also benefit from such a program.
MBA stands for Master of Business Administration. It dates back to the 20th century. This was when the United States was going through its Industrial Revolution.
Back then, machines were starting to take over manual labor. As a result, various American businesses grew quickly. However, it presented a new problem.
As a company grows, it gets more parts. It may add new departments. Some branch out to new locations. It’s as if large businesses are made up of smaller ones!
They needed a new way of handling this new kind of company. It needed people skilled enough to handle the layers upon layers of these large businesses.
As a result, the first MBAs came to be. They covered a wide variety of skills. However, it lacked training for human resource management.
This was essential in allowing a company’s multiple parts to run as one cohesive unit. Eventually, it included this important skill along with several others now found in modern MBAs.
Why get an MBA?
These are the times when your career must be flexible. You must be willing and able to adapt to the sudden major changes in the job market. An MBA will arm you with the skills to do it.
For starters, you can take it no matter what degree you have finished. There’s an MBA for nearly every field you can imagine. Even better, we now have online MBA programs!
For example, an MBA can help a graduate in information technology become an IT manager. Nowadays, MBA programs are a way to land the following roles:
- Project manager
- Human Resources (HR) manager
- Marketing manager
- Operations manager
What’s more, an MBA will allow you to earn more. MBA graduates from the US may start with a salary from $120,000 to $160,000. They get plenty of bonuses and benefits too!
Face-to-face vs. online MBA programs
You can take your MBA in two ways. First, you may go to a college of business and attend classes. It’s better than online programs in two ways:
- You get to meet others – You can’t replace meeting people face-to-face with video calls. This lets you know other MBA students much quicker and easier. Eventually, you may work with them to reach your goals.
- You have more things to do – Being at the graduate school lets you join the other activities there. Those could teach you even more skills and expand your connections.
Due to the pandemic, you may want to stick with an online master’s degree instead. Besides, online MBA programs feature different benefits such as:
- Flexibility – You get to study at any time and place. This is a great option if you’re working from home. What’s more, you get to pick your courses.
- Meet people around the world – Some schools let people from other countries attend classes. This will allow you to speak with people that are thousands of miles away. Though, you probably can’t meet them face-to-face right now.
How to choose an online MBA program
After learning a lot about MBAs, it’s time to find yours. You will have to think of several things when planning your MBA. Learn more about these factors below:
- Your goals – Be clear about why you’re getting an MBA in the first place. Will it help you land a certain role? Perhaps you’re looking to make more money?
- Reputation – You should get your online MBA program from an accredited school. This makes sure you’re getting the most out of your time and money spent.
- Study period – How long do you plan on taking your course? If you’re busy, perhaps you should get a one-year program like those from UF.
- Requirements – You have to meet certain criteria for the MBA. These include GRE scores, GMAT scores, and years of work experience.
- Budget – Make sure you have enough money for an MBA. If not, you might want to apply for a scholarship. You may also try student loans.
How Blockchain Is Changing Education
Thanks to the internet, there are so many ways to advance your career. For example, you may now enroll in an online MBA program. However, that’s not the only way to grow your career.
You may take online courses for plenty of other skills. For example, you can learn how to code with Python through various free and paid methods. It’s also a trending skill nowadays.
What’s more, you could get part-time remote work. These roles can help you expand your skills while earning too. Click here for our top picks for remote work.
Learn more about the best online MBA programs
Do companies accept online MBAs?
Nowadays, numerous companies accept applicants who take online MBAs. After all, they get the same skills that others would from a regular MBA. Note that it’s not the only factor that employers want. You must exhibit other relevant skills depending on your chosen role.
What is the best online MBA program?
The best online MBA for people will depend on several factors. For example, your current skill set will determine the kind of MBA you could get. Also, your country’s job market may have demands that are different from others. After all, the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic brings a lot of changes around the world.
Does MBA increase salary?
You are likely to earn more if you get an MBA. Graduates from the United States could earn from $120,000 to $160,000. This is the average, though, so you may even earn more after finishing your MBA! What’s more, an MBA could help you get a higher-paying position in your company.