Why Is Instagram Blocking My Actions?
This has been a common issue lately, Instagram has not only implementing image recognition software for copywriting compliance. Lately, Instagram has been blocking users from certain actions like leaving comments, liking photos, and following accounts. There can be many reasons as to why Instagram is doing that but don’t worry there is a workaround.
The reason why Instagram is doing this is to identify and regulate the use of bots and reduce spam but many innocent users have been temporarily flag by engaging on penalized acts by Instagram.
What Does It Mean to Get Your Account Blocked on Instagram Mean?
When Instagram detects particular actions coming from a single account, including spam activities, it temporarily blocks it and displays an error message “ ACTION BLOCKED”
It’s this social media channel of penalizing people for conducting spamming activities, if you get this notification you won’t be able to comment, like or follow users on Instagram.
Why Am I Blocked From Liking post on Instagram?
This happens when you engage in spamming behaviors. In other words, you have a habit of liking many pictures in a short span of time. Instagram considers this as Spamming.
Why Am I Blocked From Commenting on Instagram Posts?
This happens when you used the same comment multiple times on the same or different posts, Instagram does not like that at all !!!
Why Am I Blocked From Following and Unfollowing accounts on Instagram?
It’s normal to go on an unfollowing purge from time to time but within reason. If you have been following and unfollowing more than 50 accounts within an hour Instagram will block temporarily block you.
What are other reasons why Instagram will block my account?
There are many answers for this question and it changes from user to user depending on your usage patterns but the most common are:
- You used a third-party app to get likes on your pictures.
- You used a third-party app to get more followers or to auto-follow and auto-unfollow followers.
Try avoiding some of the practices below, as Instagram will flag you as spam and temporarily block you from taking any action.
How Do Unblock My Instagram Account?
You have a couple of options to get this done, make sure to read all the adopt the one that better suits your needs:
- Stop all Instagram actions on, this means no liking, commenting and following accounts for 24hrs to 48hrs. You can log in but it is recommended to just wait it out and take your digital punishment for engaging on spamming behavior.
- Uninstall third-party apps that help you get followers or likes.
- Switch to mobile data, is important to understand how Instagram does this. They are not blocking your account but your IP address, so by switching from your Wi-Fi to mobile data is a quick and simple solution.
- When you are blocked on Instagram is because you are flagged as a spammer. Another simple solution is to link your Instagram to another social media channel like, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest. This will help you establish yourself as a real person and not a spamming bot.
- If any of the previous don’t get your account unblocked within 24 hours, just simply report it to Instagram, this feature is on the settings menu on Instagram.
- Be patient, take this opportunity to have a digital cleanse.
How to Avoid Being Block by Instagram?
Ok, now that you regained privileges on Instagram lets make sure to prevent this happening again.
- Avoid using third-party apps, Step up your game! Earn your likes and followers organically.
- Limit the amount of the same actions within an amount of time, in 60 minutes do not like more than 50 pictures, follow or unfollow more than 50 accounts, post the same comment on different posts.
- Complete your profile and verify your email and phone number.