A local burger shack in Chapel Hill, North Carolina has been named the best burger joint in the United States, for its all-natural, hormone and antibiotic-free beef and variety of topping possibilities and its rosemary fries.
Topping TripAdvisor’s list of top 10 burger restaurants in the U.S. is Al’s Burger Shack, a local institution not far from the University of North Carolina.
The list spans addresses across the country and includes options for burger purists — American cheese, chopped onion and ketchup — as well as novelty offerings like glazed donut buns and peanut butter and fried egg toppings.
Over at Al’s Burger Shake, the Bobo Chili Cheeseburger topped with chili sauce, slaw, chopped onions, yellow mustard and American cheese, is the restaurant’s signature burger, while crinkle-cut fries are also jazzed up with sea salt and rosemary.
Al’s Burger Shack has a 4.5 out of five bubble rating.
The list is based on the reviews and opinions of TripAdvisor diners, taking into account the ratio and quality of great burger reviews in comparison to overall reviews, along with quality and quantity of reviews received in past year (ending May 2018). Featured restaurants have a minimum of 4.5 out of 5 bubbles, 200 reviews and 10 locations or less as of June 2018
Here are the top 10 burger joints in the U.S., according to TripAdvisor:
1. Al’s Burger Shack – Chapel Hill, North Carolina
2. Brooks Gourmet Burgers & Dogs – Naples, Florida
3. Honest Abe’s Burgers & Freedom – Lincoln, Nebraska
4. Grumps Burgers – Granbury, Texas
5. Slabtown Café and Burgers – Traverse City, Michigan
6. Burger Republic – Nashville, Tennessee
7. Pearl’s Deluxe Burgers – San Francisco, California
8. Back Door Grill – Steamboat Springs, Colorado
9. MacPhail’s Burgers – Jackson, Wyoming
10. The Burger Dive – Billings, Montana