Kourtney Kardashian and Travis Barker have announced their engagement!
The Blink-182 drummer has sealed the deal and put a diamond on it! Travis Barker popped the question to surprised soon-to-be blushing bride Kourtney Kardashian.
The Blink-182 drummer went down on his knees at a beachside hotel in Montecito, California. Kourtney, who’s now 42, will walk down the aisle for the first time with Travis, who’s 45. While Kourtney has already posted the special engagement on her Instagram with the caption “[email protected],” there were also photos of the lovebirds hugging each other during that special moment.
Of course, the Kardashian-Jenner clan won’t miss it for the world. Kim Kardashian was among the first who hit the Twitter world with the breaking news. Kim tweeted a video clip of the couple kissing. She added the caption “KRAVIS FOREVER” with a ring emoji on it.
— Kim Kardashian West (@KimKardashian) October 18, 2021
According to a source, the proposal happened at exactly 6:30 pm, just as the sun was setting, and Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson were there for the engagement.
While it seems like family and some close friends were there to witness, Travis went all out with a heart-shaped floral arrangement of roses at the shoreline.
One of the eyewitnesses shared, “Kourtney looked very surprised to see Khloe and Tristan there. Travis escorted Kourtney down to the beach, where he heard red and white florals set up in the shape of a heart. It looked very romantic. I could see Kourtney smiling from ear to ear and, looking surprised, putting her hand over her mouth. The family cheered for them and went back into the hotel.”
— HOT 106.7 (@hot1067) October 18, 2021ADVERTISEMENT
While another E! News source said that Corey Gamble and Kris Jenner were also present to witness the proposal, all of them surprised the couple after inside the private area of the hotel’s restaurant.
Kourtney was in awe after the surprise proposal as she had no idea what Travis was planning. As per the source, “She teared up and couldn’t stop saying, I love you.”
An insider said, “They are head over heels and never experienced love like this. Kourtney is the happiest, and Travis adores her and treats her so well. It’s very different from her other relationships and all positive.
Let's go, don't wait, Kourtney Kardashian and Travis Barker are saying yes to forever. 💍🥺(📷: Instagram) pic.twitter.com/ei77OqQjhM
— E! News (@enews) October 18, 2021
The couple’s timeline
While this is Kourtney’s first serious relationship after her divorce from Scott Disick, the newly engaged couples have been dating for quite some time now. Before heading on to the tidbits of the engagement, let’s look back at how these power couples started.
- The couples were close friends and neighbors before they started getting romantic.
- In December 2020, the rumors about the couple dating came out.
- Come February 2020, Kourtney and Travis or as fans call them, Kravis, make their relationship official via an announcement on Instagram. This post comes with the couples’ intertwined hands photo.
- Back In March, a source told E! News that Travis wanted to date her, but Khloe would just brush it off and chose to stay friends.
- Since going public, the couple was seen while on their trips to Disneyland, Italy, New York streets, and many others. It’s also on the Disneyland trip when Travis called Kourtney the “love of my life.”
- In April, an insider interview revealed that “They truly have a bond like no other.No one has seen her feel this way about a man in a very long time.”
Though this is a quick move for some, it wasn’t for the couple who’s head over heels for each other. Just as Travis said himself, “forever wasn’t long enough when it came to Kourtney.”
As the rock star already hinted at wedding bells beforehand, Khloe was also in tune with her news announcement with a couple of shots and a caption, “forever.” Planning the wedding is next. We’ll keep you posted!