Best Mother’s Day gifts on Amazon
Looking for the perfect Mother’s Day gift? Mother’s Day is right around the corner. In the United States, Mother’s day is celebrated on May 9th. Knowing the origins of Mother’s day may help understand the true meaning of the day itself.
Here is a little history of Mother’s day and how it became the special day that it is now. In 1858, Ann Reeves Jarvis ( Anna’s mom) organized a Mothers’ Day Work Club to help improve sanitary conditions.
Jarvis was the mother to 13 kids, and only four of them made it to adulthood. In 1868, Jarvis coordinated a Mothers’ day Friendship Day. This was in the wake of the civil war. She wanted to bring foes together to celebrate instead of fight one another.
How did Mother’s Day Originate?
In 1870, Julia Ward Howe was another person who had celebrations of Mother everywhere. Howe’s day of celebration was in June. In 1907, one of the daughters of Anna Jarvis in May. It was at the Andrew Methodist Episcopal Church in Grafton, West Virginia.
Today, the International Mother’s Day Shrine is visited every day. It is dedicated to all mothers, and Anna Jarvis is visited in Grafton, West Virginia. In 1908, John Wanamaker supported Anna Jarvis in her campaign. The campaign was to get Mother’s Day officially made into a holiday.
The campaign worked. In 1914, President Woodrow Wilson made Mother’s Day a national holiday. From that point on, white carnations became the symbol of Mother’s Day. In England, mothers celebrate Mothering Sunday. Same concept, but a different version of Mother’s Day.
Many versions of Mother’s day gather the family in a church, where they all sing songs in celebration of moms everywhere. Our mothers mean the world to us, and Amazon has some of the best Mother’s day gifts.
Amazon is such a wonderful place to get last-minute perfect Mother’s Day gifts for your mom, your grandma, and any other moms in your life. This best mother’s day gift guide on Amazon is top-notch, and every mother will love them.
What Are Some Perfect Gift Ideas for Mothers?
- Price: $73.24
- Why your mom will love this: Any jewelry always makes it on the top list of gifts for women. This minimalist gold-tone watch will look stunning in your mom’s arms.
- It has a diamond marker in the middle that adds up elegance to its simplicity. Its bracelet has a jewelry-clasp closure.
- Pros & Cons: It looks expensive, but it’s pretty affordable for a watch. This brand has been on the market for decades already. The only cons are it’s not water-resistant and not advisable for moms who have nickel allergies.
- Price: $149.95
- Why do we think it’s perfect: If your mom is always on her feet and sometimes needs a break, why not get her some slippers? Your mom will love this gift. The UGG Scuffette II slippers are some of the most comfortable ones on the market today.
- There is a wool lining that is very fluffy and comfy too. It is a big hug for your feet. These slippers are true to size and will fit mom just right.
- Pros & Cons: It’s snuggly and cozy, just like your mom. With its soft but quality soles, you don’t get any foot aches even if you have plantar fasciitis. The only con is that it can wear off if not taken care of properly.
- Price: $55.75
- We love it for moms: Giving this as a gift is like giving a whole bouquet of different flowers, as the top note is Jasmine, the middle letter is Tuberose, and the base note is Rangoon creeper.
- It has a white floral scent on the skin and a tinge of powdery floral edge. The modern floral aroma makes it unique. It’s not the old-school floral that’s heady.
- Pros & Cons: It smells fantastic and alluring without being too abrasive. The only con is that this is just a tiny bottle, so it has to be used sparingly. Next time’s gift, there’s always the giant bottle if your mom will get to love the scent.
- Price: $149.99
- Why we think your mom will like it: If your mother loves to read, the Kindle Paperwhite is precisely what she needs. The Kindle Paperwhite gives your mother the ability to have all of her books in the same place.
- There is a tremendous amount of storage space. It is glare-free and waterproof too. The Kindle pairs with Audible so your mom can get the books to read to her if she wants.
- Pros & Cons: This one’s got a more significant memory that’s perfect for more books to be enjoyed. It has a better backlight for when you’d like to read before bed. Although you might find this inconvenient if you got used to your old one as there are added features. You’ll get used to those as you go along and use them.
Farmacy Farmer’s Market Skincare Gift Set – Mini Sizes of Facial Skin Care Products – Includes Green Clean Makeup Remover and Honey Potion
- Price: $35.00
- Why it’s for your mom: This is one of the best gifts for any mom. This gift set includes moisturizer, sheet masks, Vitamin C serum, and makeup remover.
- With this complete set, your mom’s skin will be radiant in just a few days’ use. Your mother will love this set.
- Pros & Cons: Your mom’s dry skin will be glowing and hydrated. The all-natural ingredients will make up for her good-looking skin. Don’t expect too much quantity as this is just a mini kit but it comprises all the mentioned products.
- Price: $10.00
- What we love about this: This book’s super affordable. You can get your mother a great gift that she will cherish forever. This book for mom lets you fill in the blanks and show your mom or even a new mom that she is the best. You can make it funny, heartfelt, honest, and make her smile from ear to ear.
- Pros & Cons: This book is like giving your mom an appreciation post. As it’s a fill-in-the-blank book, you’ll be able to let mom know why she’s the best. A memento that she’ll genuinely keep in her keepsakes box. The only con, you have to be honest or be hilarious as you can be.
- Price: $163.18
- Why we think it’s special: Some of the most incredible unique mother’s day gifts and a way that your mom can capture instant memories. There is no film or shaking involved. Plus, she can print and edit photos right off the bat. She will love this camera.
- Pros & Cons: Aside from being handy, this digital camera doesn’t just take photos but also record videos or a cute and fun gif. Just don’t expect very high-quality images like the ones taken from professional cameras.
- Price: $198.98
- What’s great about this: What mom would not want this vacuum? With the Roomba, your mother will cut her cleaning in half. She will have more time to do fun things with the family.
- This intelligent cleaner has a 3 stage cleaning system that brushes and grabs dirt from any floor. It even works on corners. Give your mom a break from cleaning today.
- Pros & Cons: This wise cleaner is like working with a natural person as it can adapt cleaning habits, and you can set its cleaning schedule. Its cons are; it’s not a silent-type of cleaner, and sometimes it can miss the inner corner spots.
BARMY Weighted Sleep Mask for Women and Men (0.8lb/13oz) Weighted Eye Mask for Sleeping, Eye Cover That Blocks Out Light to Help Relaxation and Night Sleep, Comfortable Blackout Sleeping Mask, Gray
- Price: $27.99
- We like it: The weighted sleep mask is always a good idea for any mom who is tired or can’t sleep well. Help your mom have a wonderful and restful night’s sleep for a perfect mother’s day gift. It has a soft texture that can block maximum light and a sure way to give your mom much-needed rest.
- Pros & Cons: This has a unique cooling mask that needs to be placed in the freezer for special effects. It has a washable cover, too, so mom need not worry if she uses this every day. The only con is if you’re a side sleeper, the mask’s weight might move sideways too.
SAMSUNG Galaxy Buds Pro, Bluetooth Earbuds, True Wireless, Noise Cancelling, Charging Case, Quality Sound, Water Resistant, Phantom Black
- Price: $179.99
- Why moms will like this: Since we’re talking about restful sleep, these sleepbuds will go perfectly with the sleep mask. These cancel outside noises can calm mom down so she can get some sleep. She can relax while listening to her favorite tunes with its high-quality sound. It’s equipped with an 11mm woofer and 6.5mm tweeter.
- Pros & Cons: This earbud has a fantastic touch music control that can help mom control music or answer calls without any hassle. She only has to tap the buds, and she’s good to go. The only con is that you might find the earbud unfit for your ears, but you’ll find the best adjustment with the proper adjustment.
Scented Candles Pack 2 Plumeria and Jasmine, 20 Ounce, Natural Soy Wax, Holiday Candle Gifts for Women
- Price: $37.99
- What we like about this: This candle has a jasmine blossom scent. It is a natural stress-reliever. Another note is Plumeria which is one of the most fragrant flowers. When lit, it will bring a luxurious aroma to your home or room. It can also last long as it can stand light up to 50-65 hours.
- Pros & Cons: It’s also made from premium soy wax, fragrance oils, and lead-free cotton wicks. It’s completely eco-friendly. Plus, the jar is made of high-quality heavy glass. There is no need to worry about wrapping it as it comes with a white gift box with gold and black ribbon.
Miko Shiatsu Foot Massager With Deep-Kneading, Multi-Level Settings, And Switchable Heat Charcoal Grey
- Price: $169.99
- Why we love this: Your mom will love this foot massager, and her feet will never hurt again. This is like having your very own masseuse and spa at home. Let her tired feet be relaxed with the Shiatsu massage this can provide. It has shiatsu rolling, heat functions, and kneading.
- Pros & Cons: The best thing about this is you can get a full one-year warranty if you find any defects or you’re not satisfied with its function. It also has a removable cover for easy cleaning. The only con is that there are no side rollers for the side of your feet.
What do mothers usually want on Mother’s Day?
- Moms love acknowledgment and letting them know you love her and are grateful for everything she does every day.
- Moms generally want to feel special and pay attention to her for a change.
- If you want to pamper your mother, she would probably really like that, no matter what kind of pampering.
- If you are stumped on what to get your mother, you can make her something. Pinterest is a great place to get many ideas for gift guide making.
To sum it all up, Mother’s Day is coming up, and we all want to give our mothers the best. Some other gift ideas to keep in mind for inspiration can be bracelets or necklaces, anything to do with favorite memories, a wine subscription, luggage, candles, or any personalized touch keepsake. Moms do so much for us, and we want them to know how much we need them and love them.