7 best gifts for college students on Amazon
Are you thinking of getting gifts for college students? Whether it’s for a family member, a friend, or just a small token, there are plenty of choices out there. With fads and trends coming and going at a breakneck pace, choosing the right gift can be tricky. Social media is a valuable tool to see all the hottest and latest in the market. You want something practical but also trendy enough that the young adult you’re giving it to won’t hesitate to use it.
You’ll want to give gifts that will balance both the student’s wants and needs. The list of gift ideas for this is practically endless, especially if you consider the number of technologies to make student life more manageable. Read on to know more about some of the top-rated and well-loved items that college students from all over the world have either bought for themselves or received as gifts.
Must-Haves for Busy Students
From gadgets to study aids to dorm room furniture and tools, you can’t go wrong when shopping for busy college students. Keep in mind that these are under-twenty adults trying to get used to living away from home. Communal spaces may be new to them, and shared bedrooms may be a foreign setting.
They will make use of moving-in stuff. Things like fresh sheets and blankets, an extra pillow, some lovely mugs, maybe even a sturdy pair of utensils they can carry around their new college campus are helpful and practical. But if you want to be more creative, you can look at their style or ask the person closest to them what would be an excellent gift for college students that they’ll both need and want.
What Are Good Gifts for College Students on Amazon?
Arranging a care package is a great idea for college students. They will most likely need it during Hell Weeks and tiring extracurricular activities. If you find a relatively cheap gift, why not add two or more to the bunch and label it as an “Emergency Kit for Stressful Times” or something catchy like that. Check out some of the best-reviewed gifts for college students available on Amazon.
- Price: $16.49
- Why It’s Great: Admittedly, ramen noodles aren’t the healthiest meals. However, there are those days when college students need a quick, hot meal that is both cheap and delicious. This rapid ramen cooker cooks ramen noodles perfectly every time! Add in the noodles and all their seasoning, pop it in the microwave for 2 to 3 minutes, and there you go — breakfast, lunch, or dinner in an instant. Pair this with a good coffee maker, and the college student will be ecstatic.
- Pros and Cons: This compact, heat-resistant, BPA-free ramen cooker is perfect for storing in the kitchen pantry for those late-night cravings. It is also reusable for up to five years. The pro is that it is such an easy way to cook ramen. The student won’t need to boil water or do measurements. Throw in everything, and instant food is ready. While it can be used in microwaves, it is not fire-resistant, so no cooking over the stove with this one.
- Price: $39.97
- Why It’s Great: Ever had stiff fingers due to typing for so long? Eye strain from too much blue light? How about a stiff neck and an aching back from crouching over your computer the whole day? You can imagine some, if not most. College students face this dilemma from having to sit at lectures and use their laptops for classes. An adjustable laptop stand could help with this. Realigning your computer’s position can help with many discomforts, starting with neck strain and hand position.
- Pros and Cons: This lightweight and ergonomic stand can be taken anywhere, anytime. It is made with aluminum instead of stainless steel, so it is much lighter to carry. The pro is that it is adjustable, so it is perfect for college students of any height. It can also double as a breakfast tray or a mini-study desk. One con is that it is relatively more significant compared to other smaller, more compact laptop stands.
- Price: $26.96
- Why It’s Great: When going to school, from the first grade up to university, backpacks are always essential. Suitable sturdy backpacks can hold many things, and this is a great gift idea for college students. This travel laptop bag can hold 15.6-inch laptops and anything under that.
- It also has plenty of pockets for other gadgets and things like a healthy snack, water bottles, books, extra clothes, whatever you need. The best part? It has an anti-theft design that has a fixed password lock and durable metal zippers. Plus points for college students who frequently leave their bags on library chairs to save themselves a seat!
- Pros and Cons: The con of gifting this spacious backpack is it can be multi-purpose. The student you’re giving it to can use it for school, for hiking, or travel. It has a USB and headset port design, too, for their charging needs. One con is that it is hefty with a dimension of 19.29x 11.8 x 5.43 inches. It’s lightweight but can be bulky when filled with various items.
- Price: $69.99
- Why It’s Great: In the age of wireless everything, Bluetooth-activated noise-canceling headphones are nothing short of the perfect college student gift. It has an advanced active noise reduction feature that will help students live harmoniously with their roommates when playing loud music or video games. Portable Bluetooth speakers could also be a good idea but maybe for students who live by themselves.
- Pros and Cons: This pair of headphones are not only functional but comfortable as well. It is equipped with upgraded soft ear cushions for relaxing long hours of wearing. It is also built-in with a microphone, so it supports and provides high-quality hands-free calls. The con is that it is understandably bigger than earphones. It is still portable but not as handy as a pair of earpods.
What Is a Good Gift for College Girls?
If you’re looking for the best college gift for girls, think of essentials that they may need. Living with other people in the same room or floor, they will most likely need personal items that can easily be stored and carried. Check out these handy gifts for young women who are off to their college adventures.
- Price: $7.99
- Why It’s Great: A large, portable caddy is needed for communal bathrooms. With plenty of hair and skin products, it will be pretty tricky for students to remember to carry them every time they shower. A shower caddy that can store all of these is the perfect item. It can easily be hung on door hooks or left on the floor—no worries about getting anything wet as the fabric is made with water-resistant material.
- Pros and Cons: A caddy is just fantastic for the on-the-go college student. All of their bathroom essentials in one portable bag are great for saving time and energy preparing for a quick shower. The con of this shower caddy is shaped like a tote bag so the student can slide them over their shoulders and head to the bathroom. The scam is it is open with plenty of pockets and space for bottles and whatnots. There are no zippers, so anything can spill out if the caddy falls.
- Price: $34.99
- Why It’s Great: So the college student you’re giving a gift to is moving to a university where the weather is always cold. The best gift? A warm, toasty blanket, of course! And not just any blanket, but a double-sided burrito blanket. When wrapped in this fabric, you will look like a human-sized tortilla and wrapped all-around a human-sized burrito—such a creative and practical gift for any student.
- Pros and Cons: This item is considered a novelty gift for teens, but it can certainly be for young adults and adults alike. It is cute and functional. The con is that it will be put to good use as blankets are part of bedroom essentials. However, one con is that it is not made with very thick materials. It is not comparable to comforters and large, thick blankets, but it can still provide warmth.
- Price: $21.99
- Why It’s Great: As a precaution means, a safe sound alarm attached to your person is always a good idea. This is a particularly innovative gift for college students who stay out to study or have a bit of fun with friends and tend to walk home late at night. The emergency alarm makes a loud sound that will alert anyone from the vicinity that you need help. It could last for up to 50 minutes and be heard from up to 606.9 ft. away.
- Pros and Cons: One pro of this safety device is its great battery life. It can last for up to 365 days without needing battery replacements. This safety device is also equipped with LED lights so it can double as a flashlight at night. It is designed as a keychain to attach it anywhere, but the con is that it can also be lost this way. Just be sure to attach it properly and check if it is still there after a rigorous bout of physical activities.
There are practically limitless options for the best gifts for college students. Most of these are available on Amazon. An Amazon gift card could also be a good idea to give if you want the student to choose a college care package. If you have an Amazon Prime membership, you will be able to get some of the items listed here at discounted prices with special offers. If you think of giving out more gifts, check out some of the most affordable products on the website.