Best Microwaves for the Money
The best microwaves may be expensive or hard to find. Finding the best microwave may be easier than you thought. In fact, the best gems in microwaves are found on Amazon.
Do you need more counter space and need a smaller microwave?
What about a different power level for your microwave?
Great microwaves can do a lot for you and do not have to break your bank.
You can even experiment with new ways to make food in the microwave. The best microwave should be easy to use as well.
The doors should open easily, there should be cooking alerts, and of course, we would like it to be easy to clean.
Good Housekeeping has some prime examples of the best microwaves out there.
These are three of the top picks for the best microwave for your money.
Best Overall Microwave
The best overall microwave is the Breville Quick Touch Intuitive Microwave with Smart settings.
This microwave offers ten different power levels, it has an LCD screen, and a sensor IQ Reheat and Cook setting.
This setting will auto adjust to the best cook time.
It is stainless steel and is one of the only microwaves that pops popcorn to the fullest.
It also comes with an easy-to-grip handle, which is normally a push button.
This is one of the best to cook popcorn, potatoes, and reheat food in general.
It is a great addition to your kitchen appliances and it is easy to clean.
Some of the cons include the food takes a little longer to reheat with the watt differences, some people miss having as the keypad on their microwaves, and it is heavy.
It is a great microwave and very durable too.
If this technology is too complicated, there are other microwaves to check out.
- SMART MENU SAVES TIME The Quick Touch’s intuitive and intelligent auto menus – from Smart Cook & Grill to Smart Reheat, Defrost, Melt & Soften – deliver effortless performance with dynamic results.
- SHORTCUTS PANEL The shortcuts panel on the inside door makes the microwave very easy to use.
The one-touch auto buttons provide access to your favorite setting and commonly used tasks such as melting chocolate, softening butter and popping popcorn.
- SMART DEFROST Gently defrost without overheating or drying out the edges.
This setting will automatically adjust power and time for optimum results, with the ability to customize as well.
I love this microwave! Totally intuitive and user-friendly.
Breville Quick Touch Intuitive Microwave Cons
The turntable stopped working.
Microwave With the Best Value
For one of the best countertop microwaves, check out the Amazonbasics microwave.
The price is amazing and this microwave works with Alexa.
You can use your voice to get the microwave to heat food up now.
You can even reorder popcorn when you’re running low because it is enabled by Amazon Dash replenishment technology.
This microwave saves counter space, has ten power levels, kitchen timer, child lock, and a turntable.
The control panel is easy to read and use as well.
It reheats frozen food well too.
It is a very nice microwave.
Here are some of the pros and cons of this microwave.
- Now it’s easier to defrost vegetables, make popcorn, cook potatoes, and reheat rice.
With an Echo device (not included), quick-cook voice presets and a simplified keypad let you just ask Alexa to start microwaving.
- Automatically reorder popcorn when you run low and save 10% on popcorn orders—enabled by Amazon Dash Replenishment technology
- Compact size saves counter space, plus 10 power levels, a kitchen timer, a child lock, and a turntable.
- Unbeatable price
- Even without voice control, you can still use the microwave.
- Easy to use.
- Great for someone in a small place.
- The microwave is not loud at all.
AmazonBasics Microwave Cons
- Setup is a little bit tedious.
- You must have an Echo Dot or compatible Amazon technology to use voice controls.
The Fastest Microwave
The fastest microwave we found is the Panasonic microwave with stainless steel countertop, built-in inverter technology, and a genius sensor.
The genius sensor is a sensor cooking piece that tells when your food is ready.
There is a turbo defrost, express cooker, and it is lighter than most microwaves.
Here are some pros and cons of this microwave.
- Panasonic Microwave: This 1200 Watt high power, 1.2 cubic foot capacity stainless steel countertop/built-in microwave delivers a seamless stream of cooking power for even cooking and delicious flavor
- Inverter Technology with Turbo Defrost: Patented Inverter Technology generates a seamless stream of power and delivers consistent, evenly prepared food without overcooking; advanced Inverter Turbo Defrost speeds up defrosting time
- Compact Design: This countertop microwave with the 13.4-inch turntable is thinner, lighter and more efficient, allowing you to devote less space to electronics and more to interior capacity; internal dimensions (H x W x D): 9 15/16 inch x 15 13/16 inch x 14 3/8 inch
- Child Safety Lock.
- Keeps soups and food warm, fresh, and ready to serve.
- Can simmer foods without overcooking.
- Express Cook.
- Makes dinner plates great and doesn’t dry them out.
Panasonic Microwave Oven Cons
- A little more expensive than most.
- Caused an electrical fire.
- It’s known to smoke a lot.
- It does not last long.
- Time and power buttons get stuck.
Many reviews state that this microwave does not last as long as they need it.
It has been compared to the Toshiba microwave and also the GE profile.
This one and most microwaves can be found at Home Depot or Amazon.
Finding the best microwave does not have to be something you dread.
Instead, exciting experience for all.
Best of luck on your microwave hunt.