Monday, November 19, 2018
Close  
  • share this

California woman reported missing for months is found as ‘The Bachelor’ contestant

/ 03:53 PM February 03, 2018

Rebekah Martinez of Fresno, California, had been considered missing since November 2017. It turned out that she was one of the contestants of the hit reality dating show “The Bachelor.”  Image: Facebook/The Bachelor

After thinking she was missing for months, one family in California found their daughter in the most unusual way– she was a contestant on the hit reality dating show “The Bachelor.”

Twenty-two-year-old Fresno native Rebekah Martinez had been considered missing since Nov. 12. Her mother reported to the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office that her daughter did not report to work on a marijuana farm, local media The San Francisco Chronicle reported on Friday.

ADVERTISEMENT

When an article in the North Coast Journal was published on Thursday about Humboldt County having the highest rating of missing persons in California, one netizen named Anne Bonner O’ Brien noticed Martinez and pointed out that she was a part of the dating show.

“I was just scrolling through the 35 missing people and I recognized some of them from news stories,” O’Brien said. “When I got to her, I was like ‘Wait a minute, she looks so familiar.’ and I instantly thought of ‘The Bachelor.'”

FEATURED STORIES

“(The mother) had phone contact with Bekah via a friend on November 12th,” Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office Public Information Officer Samantha Karges said. “Bekah had told her she was coming to Humboldt County to work on a marijuana farm and she wouldn’t be able to contact her for a week or so.”

The North Coast Journal was able to reach out the sheriff’s office and had removed Martinez from the list of mssing persons.

Since her supposed disappearance, Martinez has been active on her social media accounts. When her story was published, she then joked, “Mom,  how many times do I have to tell you I don’t get cell service on The Bachelor?”

She then posted another joke by saying her “efforts to conceal The Worst [Driver’s] License Photo Of All Time [has] been thwarted.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Martinez is the youngest to join “The Bachelor” in its 22-season run, and is currently one of the ladies vying for the heart of 36-year-old real estate agent Arie Luyendyk Jr. Their 14-year age gap has sparked criticism from viewers.  Katrina Hallare /ra

RELATED STORIES: 

California man arrested for biting off woman’s thumb

‘Time-traveling’: Delayed plane flight departed in 2018, arrived at destination in 2017

Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.
View comments

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: California, missing person, The Bachelor
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.
newsinfo

Ex-Samar town mayor survives ambush try

November 19, 2018 01:32 PM

globalnation

DFA says 1 Filipino lost home in California wildfire

November 19, 2018 01:26 PM

newsinfo

Manila roads, closed Tuesday due to Xi Jinping visit

November 19, 2018 01:26 PM



© Copyright 1997-2018 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.