Best gifts for runners on Amazon
No matter the occasion, unique gifts for the runners in your life is always a good idea. Most runners don’t stop doing their sport or hobby of running, no matter the season. If you know someone who loves running, there are many gears you can give them—looking for something unique? Opt for something practical yet personal, like a water bottle engraved with their initials or a cute running calendar where they can jot down their miles per day.
Dedicated runners also often train in between their marathons or competitions. It would be good to know the actual date so your gift can either help them prepare or be worn during the marathon. Running accessories are fortunately available on many e-commerce websites like Amazon. Read on for more gift ideas for runners.
Looking for Special Presents for Runners
When looking for something for your favorite runner friend, there are some things to consider. Quality is among the top of them, if not the most important one. Running is an active sport, so any gear that runners frequently use needs to be durable.
Sweat-wicking shirts, comfortable bottoms, and the best possible quality of running shoes are some examples. Other factors include price range, practicality, and maybe even aesthetics.
There are many cheap but quality running gear to choose from. Practicality-wise, many innovative things are perfect for gifts for runners, like running belts or elastic shorts with secret pockets. Post-run, they’ll need to replenish with food and drinks, so those aren’t bad ideas for gifts either. As for the aesthetic, it would be pretty cool to run in something that fits and looks nice just for added morale.
Popular Gifts for Runners with reviews:
If you’re looking to shop for the best gifts for runners, Amazon won’t let you down. The website offers dozens of running accessories at affordable prices. You can have your pick from running jackets to foam rollers to water-resistant smartwatches. Below are some of the most popular and highly reviewed products for runners on Amazon.
- Price: $99.99
- Why It’s Great: After long runs, you will probably want to relax your sore muscles and aching body. The Sonic handheld massager is a powerful tool specially designed to help with pre-workout warmups and post-workout recovery routines. It comes with a rechargeable lithium-ion battery, so it can be taken anywhere and can last up to 6 hours, depending on usage. With five levels of intensity, you can adjust the speed and strength of your massage.
- Pros and Cons: Who wouldn’t love their portable massager? The con of Sonic is that it is super easy to use and can be good for various things. Athletes can use it, people recovering from injuries, elderlies with achy joints, and many others. One con is that it is pretty bulky, even if it’s portable. The gun comes with batteries and eight different massage heads, all placed in a mini suitcase.
- Price: $15.00
- Why It’s Great: Socks are a must for everyone, not just runners. But runners will love and appreciate high-quality socks that won’t slip halfway off mid-run. Balega’s Unisex compression-fit socks are designed to imitate running shoes to allow free foot movement and minimize friction. The dynamics polyester blend is also equipped with antibacterial ions to help keep the feet clean, dry, and odor-free. These come in different colors too. Score!
- Pros and Cons: These socks are comfortable and perfect for a long day out for trail running or simply going to the gym. They are specially made for activewear, as is the rest of the running gear from this brand. One con is that it is a bit pricey for one pair of socks. Shelling out 15 bucks for running socks could be a bit much for some, but they’re worth it based on reviews.
- Price: $149.99
- Why It’s Great: Jabra is a well-known brand for its high-quality technology when it comes to gadget accessories. The Jabra Elite 75t is considered one of the best wireless earbuds in the market. It has crystal clear audio and a crisp microphone, so making and taking calls is hassle-free. They are also engineered to be compact and fit your ears perfectly, so it never falls out during workouts or jogs. It comes with 24 hours of battery life (ANC on) with the charging case and over five hours for each earpod.
- Pros and Cons: Wireless everything is the future. There are now wireless chargers, speakers, TV, even refrigerators. They are convenient and easy to use, and these Jabra earbuds are no different. With its excellent audio quality, it is one of the most superior brands. However, it is above average in price. It is almost at par with the Apple AirPods, but you’ll have to compare the two for yourself to see which is better.
- Price: $299.99
- Why It’s Great: Smartwatches are now a runner’s best friend. A smartwatch can monitor your heart rate, calories burnt, distance achieved, and count steps depending on the brand. Garmin’s Forerunner 245 contains a highly advanced GPS, similar to the one they use for their brand’s car GPS. You can sync it with music stream services to play your favorite running playlist. It also comes with free adaptive training plans from the Garmin coach and lets you customize your workout routines.
- Pros and Cons: The con of having a smartwatch while out on the run is the almost 100% guarantee you will never get lost. With a hardcore GPS like Garmin’s, it can tell your exact location and route in just one glance. It also fits like a regular watch to not feel bulky or strange on your wrist. One con is that Garmin is a quality brand, so its price range is slightly higher than most. If you don’t mind spending this much on a trusty smartwatch, go for it.
- Price: $17.95
- Why It’s Great: Another one for pre-running and post-run recovery. This foot massager is a great alternative to a foam roller, but they work pretty much the same way. With TheraFlow, you can try doing reflexology in the comforts of your own home. It comes with ten independently-moving rollers with dull spikes for more acupressure. It will help improve blood flow and relax muscles and joints on the soles of the feet.
- Pros and Cons: This product is a great way to relax while watching a movie or after a long day of walking and running. Simply place your feet on top of the wooden massage roller and roll them back and forth. One con is that the item can be a bit bulky to carry around. It’s not heavy at 1.5lbs, but it may take up some space in your gym bag. You can save it for when you’re at home and chilling on the couch.
What should you get for a beginner runner?
All professional runners were amateurs at some point. They had to go through the typical starting from the bottom and train your way to the top story. For beginner gifts for runners, they will need the right clothing for their training. While running doesn’t require fancy suits, the right fabric material can assist with free movement and adjusting the body’s temperature.
Try to go for dry-fit shirts and bottoms. These kinds of fabric are designed to absorb water and sweat and transfer it to the top layer, so you don’t get soaked or dry up quickly. Neophyte runners also need good-quality running shoes that are comfortable on the feet. They won’t be able to run far if their shoes cause blisters and chafing.
Do runners need special gear or equipment?
Unless they are up for a specific competition requiring such gears, running is a pretty minimalistic sport. It mainly needs stamina, so training is important. During training, runners may need equipment such as core and calf strengthening weights, supplements, elastic training bands, heart rate monitors, and many others.
Filling up gifts for runners stocking stuffer early is never a bad idea. You may want to casually ask them what equipment they use the most or want to purchase and get that. They’ll be sure to use it if it’s something they already want.
Otherwise, try checking out the gift ideas listed here. Amazon also has more gift lists available on their website if you’re looking for something specific.