TFC tops TV viewership for Filipino networks in March – Comscore
SAN FRANCISCO – A leading source for television viewing data, Comscore, reported that The Filipino Channel (TFC), the overseas flagship channel of ABS-CBN, was the preferred Filipino channel and among the most watched multicultural networks on cable and satellite in the U.S. last March.
Comscore’s TV engagement rating, also known as the Stickiness Index, ranks primetime ad-supported cable and broadcast telecasts by level of viewer engagement, which is determined by comparing the average percentage viewed of each telecast to that of all primetime telecasts with the same duration.
Telecasts with the most engaged viewers have a higher Stickiness Index, indicating that more of the audience is tuned in—or engaged—for the duration of the telecast.
Based on the March 2021 TV viewing engagement reports of Comscore:
- TFC was the preferred channel among Filipino subscribers, being seen in over 192,000 households and logging in 10.7 million hours viewed. GMA Pinoy TV was second at over 163,000 households and 8.4 million hours viewed.
- 90 percent of the Top 20 most watched programs are from TFC (18 out of 20). Nine out of the Top 10 shows are from TFC. “FPJ’s Ang Probinsiyano” on its 7:30pm weekday time slot nabbed the top spot, followed by the teleseryes, “Huwag Kang Mangamba” and “Ang Sa Iyo ay Akin”. TFC US’ daily news show, Balitang America (BA)” secured the top 4 spot, surpassing ABS-CBN’s “TV Patrol Global Edition”, “TV Patrol Sabado” and GMA Pinoy TV’s “Kapuso Mo: Jessica Soho”.
- Viewers of the top 3 shows on TFC are “glued”, watching up to 70%+ of the programs.
- Based on Comparative Viewing, 77% of GMA Pinoy TV viewers watched TFC, while only 65% of TFC viewers watched GMA Pinoy TV.
- Across dayparts (Total Day, Early Morning, Daytime, Early Fringe, Prime Access, Prime Time), TFC’s Average Audience remains consistently higher versus GMA Pinoy TV.
- Data also showed that Filipinos tend to watch more content compared to other multicultural groups of similar population size.
TFC partnered with Comscore earlier this year with the goal of getting industry and market insights on content performance, audience behavior and preferences based on national TV audience measurement in the U.S.
“We are grateful to our audience for their appreciation, patronage, and support for our programs and content offerings as we continue to serve the Filipinos wherever they may be in the best or worst of times,” said ABS-CBN North and Latin America Managing Director Jun Del Rosario.