The Best Teeth Whitening Treatment for Your Money in 2019
Best Teeth Whitening for Your Money
Everyone wants beautiful white teeth and most people are constantly searching for the best methods of teeth whitening. We’ve compiled this list of four top teeth whitening treatments based on their amount of ADA-recommended peroxide and method of application. We also listed out some tips to consider while on your teeth whitening journey. We cover a variety of products and methods. Everything from charcoal teeth whitening to teeth whitening at home.
The Top Teeth Whitening Treatments
Teeth whitening treatment and what makes it work is no big mystery. The American Dental Association (ADA), as well as most dentists, state hydrogen peroxide and carbamide peroxide as the sole two things that do the job. Only whiteners that contain peroxides can tackle surface as well as deep teeth stains, while other products such as toothpaste tackle just surface blemishes.
The list below comprises what we love and dislike about the selected teeth whiteners.
The 4 Top Teeth Whitening Treatments
Crest 3D White Luxe Glamorous White Whitestrips Best Whitening Strips
Go Smile Super White Snap Packs Best Gel Whitening Treatment
Crest 3D White Whitestrips Gentle Routine Best for Sensitive Teeth
Go Smile on the Go Teeth Whitening Pen Best for Touch-Ups
1. Crest 3D White Luxe Glamorous White Whitestrips
PROS of Using Crest 3D White Luxe Glamorous White Whitestrips
- Glamorous Whitestrips come with 9.5% hydrogen peroxide (according to their customer department), which experts approve of. However, what is more impressive is that this whitener is stamped with an ADA Seal of Acceptance, which authenticates its claims and confirms its safety.
- We are well aware that the ADA seal on a product doesn’t mean it’s the solitary one on the market that satisfies ADA criterions- companies are required to apply and the ADA isn’t always see-through about the application proceedings- the seal is an important mark of value that allays fears in an industry filled with vague teeth whitening products.
- This teeth whitener has an ardent fan base, 4-star ratings across 3,100 Amazon reviews and commendations from numerous dentists. The strips also have average progress of turning users teeth 1.5 shades whiter in about 20 days of use. There are even results higher than the previously stated shade, proving just how great this product is.
Simple to Use
- The Glamorous strip for the lower teeth is designed in a contoured way that makes it simple to use and sits snugly for the needed 30 minutes. Considering that teeth whitening strips require a delicate technique for application, the curved design of this product is a great help.
CONS of Using Crest 3D White Luxe Glamorous White Whitestrips
Can Be Quite Uncomfortable
- There will be quite the discomfort when using these strips, just like with other strips. However, the Glamorous Whitestrips are among the more tolerable strips to use. Though strips are generally a bother to wear and require focused precision during the application, they are the preferred (by most dentists) method due to their prolonged contact with teeth that produces more satisfactory results.
- For top-notch teeth whitening results, you have to wear the strips for 30 minutes, which is time intensive. However, the Glamorous strips usually last for about six months which means you could possibly do the whitening just twice a year.
2. Go Smile Super White Snap Packs
PROS of Using Go Smile Super White Snap Packs
Simple to Use
- Go smile is so effortless to use that it stands out from other whiteners. All you need to do is take out a vial, snap it open, press out the gel with your fingers and paint it on your teeth. This paint-on method is highly appreciated as it lets the user alter how the whitener is applied on the teeth and discover how best to avoid it spilling onto the gums. Also, it takes about five minutes to set, fitting itself effortlessly into the user’s daily routine.
- While Go smile doesn’t reveal the particular percentage of peroxide it uses, the company assures that it is not higher than 7% hydrogen peroxide. Users of the product report that it causes very slight sensitivity and no burning gum feeling.
- The Go Smile Super White Snap Packs come with 14 treatments to be used twice daily. The product promises full results in a week and an average increase of 3 shades whiter. Users of the product have asserted this claim and even praised how fast Go smile worked.
CONS of Using Go Smile Super White Snap Packs
Minimal Period of Contact
- The paint-on method of the Go smile snap packs leaves the whitening solution susceptible to moisture which can dilute and make it less effective. Basically, some of the whitener gets washed off when users close their mouth. However, Go Smile still scores high in terms of excellent results.
Not Suitable for On-The-Go
- Due to the gel needing the pressure of a little ‘snap’ to open, it’s not very suitable for carrying around – because you run the risk of it accidentally exploding and ruining the inside of your bag at the slightest pressure.
3. Crest 3D White Whitestrips Gentle Routine
PROS of Using Crest 3D White Whitestrips Gentle Routine
Perfect for Sensitive Teeth
- Tooth sensitivity varies from individual to individual. However, if your tooth easily causes you pain, the Crest 3D White Whitestrips Gentle Routine is your best bet.
- The strips contain a lesser and softer concentration of hydrogen peroxide (5.25% according to the company). They also need just five minutes of application daily. Most users report increased whitening, no sensitivity and commend the reduced time of use.
Lesser Time Frame
- The fact that the strips have a five minute application period is highly appreciated by users. This low time makes it easy for users to be consistent in its application. It also fits seamlessly into their daily routines.
CONS of Using Crest 3D White Whitestrips Gentle Routine
- Although Crest Routine strips are excellent for sensitive teeth, the reduced percentage of peroxide in them means they take more time to show results – about 28 days as against Glamorous White’s 20 days. Also, experts, users and most lifestyle beauty websites agree that higher peroxide causes more impressive results.
Awkward Rectangular Strips
- Crest Routine’s rectangular strips for lower teeth aren’t very practical. The strips don’t fit in a snug natural manner to your teeth and this means users would need to be extra cautious during application.
- This extra care is necessary to ensure the strips fully cover your teeth and avoid your gums. The strips are still quite simple to use, however it’s lack of contoured design that other strips have, can be quite a bother.
4. Go Smile On the Go Teeth Whitening Pen
PROS of Using Go Smile On the Go Teeth Whitening Pen
- Most people are suspicious of whitening pens but this Go Smile pen is worth taking a chance on. The Go Smile pen requires just a couple seconds to apply on your front teeth. However, you’re advised to not eat or drink anything for at least 20 minutes after application. To use the pen, smoky twist the cap until the product covers the brush then paint it on the needed areas.
Perfect for Quick Touch-Ups
- The Go Smile pen is ideal for on the go touch ups. Whether you’re on a quick break, in the office or about to go on a date, the pen works perfectly. With its portable slick design and reduced active ingredient content, it is more of an excellent touch up rather than a standalone whitening product.
- The Go Smile company states that the pen contains no more than 7% hydrogen peroxide. What this translates to is quite less the same results as other products with longer application time and higher active ingredients. However, this touch-up pen is absolutely great for when you’re on the go
Ideal for Sensitive Teeth
- The Go Smile Pen presents none of the sensitivity troubles that other whitening pens give users. Issues such as post application stinging and mild aching didn’t come up either. Although sensitivity during whitening as well as whitening outcomes differs from individual to individual, the Go Smile served most people perfectly well. There were no reports of awful side effects after use.
CONS of Using Go Smile On the Go Teeth Whitening Pen
Less Reliable Method
- For the best teeth whitening results, increased peroxide levels and higher contact time with the teeth are necessary. Clearly, the reduced contact time of pens mean they aren’t the most effective of whiteners. This is why the Go Smile Pen should be a touch-up and not a main whitening product in your regimen. The pen isn’t the top choice for powerful whitening but it’s great for on the go use.
- Most users say that it’s difficult knowing how much to apply and how much was remaining in pen since the plastic casing isn’t transparent. Also, due to the gels relative lack of flavor and its clear appearance, knowing if it has been evenly spread is quite hard. However, if you cautiously apply the gel on your teeth as evenly as you can, you shouldn’t have much issue with adequate coverage.
- The trick to getting the best out of teeth whiteners is Consistency. That is why it is important to choose a teeth whitening method that is ideal for your lifestyle. If the 30 minute time frame of the Crest Glamorous Whitestrips is difficult to settle into your schedule, consider using the quicker Go Smile Snap Packs or the Gentle Routine Strips.
- Ultimately, choosing the teeth whitener you can steadily apply without it disturbing your daily routine is the best way to go. Remember, consistency produces the most impressive results.
Natural Teeth Whitening Methods
- All these are cheap teeth whitening methods in comparisons to going to the dentist. All of which are some of the best at home teeth whitening. These home whitening methods are the best ways to whiten teeth at home.
- While there isn’t a lot of science supporting these natural ways of teeth whitening, they are still worth trying. Here are some methods of teeth whitening at home.
- Swishing coconut oil around your mouth can assist in tackling bad breath and gingivitis but no studies back the claim that it whitens teeth.
- Some research exists that authenticate baking soda’s power in teeth whitening when used in toothpaste. Nonetheless, baking soda has been said to cause extreme teeth sensitivity and harm to the enamel.
- When activated (heated), and used in toothpaste, charcoal has the ability to get rid of surface blemishes on your teeth. Though, there are no studies backing charcoal teeth whitening in cases of deeper teeth blemishes. Charcoal toothpaste and it’s activated charcoal teeth whitening properties make for a great product with natural ingredients.
Apple Cider Vinegar
- This liquid has an array of health advantages and can be utilised in fighting bacteria. However, when it is used too much, apple cider vinegar can seriously wear away enamel.
Extra Tips to Consider
- Look for foods that better your oral health and stay away from those that don’t. It’s no secret that several of your beloved drinks and snacks can negatively affect your teeth. So, if you desire whiter teeth, it’s advisable to limit your consumption of particular foods and drinks. Coffee, citrus, sugary drinks and foods chip away at your enamel, irritate your gums and stain your teeth.
- Conversely, foods rich in fiber and green beans aid in tackling your teeth problems while dairy products such as cheese and milk assist in replenishing calcium and other minerals.
Ignore Whitening Lights
- Several over-the-counter products and professionally applied products include an LED hand-held light or laser that promises to quicken the teeth whitening treatment. Most times, it’s a false claim. The ADA stated that most studies have shown no extra long-term advantage in using light-stimulated systems. The lasers and lights won’t damage your teeth but they are likely going to be a waste of money and time so they are better ignored.
- Younger teeth (16 – 24year olds) whiten better and react better to over-the-counter products than older teeth due to them having lesser exposure to substances that stain teeth such as red wine and coffee.
- Brush frequently (and floss as well)
- The ADA recommends brushing twice daily with fluoride toothpaste. Flossing daily additionally helps get rid of plaque that gives your teeth a darker appearance.