Benefits of Drinking Lemon Water: You Won’t Believe All of the Benefits!
People have been consuming lemons forever, and the benefits of drinking lemon water have been touted in the health community. Lemons are one of those fruits that you either love or hate. It is a very versatile fruit, and has many benefits to it. Besides the sour taste, its smells good, and is a flavor that many utilize in their cooking.
Lemons are used in many places for teas, cocktails, foods, and desserts. You can use it for juicing, or adding it to your water, in order to give the water a little pizazz. Lemons have been known for their medicinal values for many years. Lemons provide a large source of Vitamin C. They have immense health benefits.
Benefits of Lemon Water
These benefits range from antibacterial, antiviral, and immune system boosting properties. The best way to receive all of the healthful benefits from lemons is to start juicing them. Lemon juice helps digestive health, and it is also a detoxifying agent. It helps clear the liver, promoting overall digestive and general health. The benefits of drinking lemon water span far and wide.
Drinking Lemon Water: Daily Benefits
Lemon juice helps us reduce our weight. It raises our metabolic rate, which in turn, helps us lose weight. For anyone who is looking to use lemon for its weight lose abilities, try drinking lemon juice with warm water on an empty stomach every morning. This can produce great results, as long as you stick with it. Besides the weight loss benefits, there are so many more benefits of drinking lemon water. This is our list of the most beneficial effects that lemon water can provide us.
A glass of warm water with lemon juice each morning on an empty stomach can be a great way to start out your day. These are some of the benefits of drinking lemon water.
18 Benefits of Drinking Lemon Water
- Lemons are a rich source of Vitamin C, which protects your body from any immune system deficiencies.
- Lemons help fight infections. They have powerful antibacterial properties.
- Drinking lemon juice with warm water every morning will help keep your pH balanced throughout your body.
- Lemons help fight the common cold.
- Lemons can help you detox your body of all toxins.
- Lemons help you with digestive health.
- Lemons have more than just Vitamin C. They are a great source of potassium, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, and other essential vitamins.
- If you are going through skin changes, such as acne, dark spots, rashes, or wrinkles, lemon water has been proven to help with this too.
- Lemon juice assists you with digestion, and helps regulate your bowel movements.
- Lemon juice, believe it or not, helps with dental hygiene. Lemon juice helps you prevent gingivitis, and can help you if you have toothaches.
- If you drink lemon juice with warm water, you can reduce joint and muscle pain.
- Lemon juice with warm water will help keep your body hydrated. It gives your body electrolytes that you really need.
- Lemons have an anti-inflammatory property. Lemon juice aides in fighting respiratory infections, sore throats, and inflamed tonsils.
- Lemon juice helps us cleanse our liver from all the toxins that are in them.
- Lemons are said to have powers for your skin. Lemons can brighten your skin, help with wrinkles, and it’s cheap.
- Lemons help with depression, anxiety, and help you focus. The vitamins and minerals in lemons help ward off depression.
- If you have heartburn, try lemon juice or lemon water.
- Lemons have been known to help ward off cancer as well.
Benefits of Drinking Lemon Water: Additional Lemon Benefits
It is in fact true that lemons help your skin to not look so dull. Lemons are very high in antioxidants, and this helps prevent any type of cellular damage. It also wards off free radicals. Free radicals lead to wrinkles and other skin issues. Most of these are related to aging. If you notice the next time you go to a store, that anti-wrinkle serums are full of lemon juice or vitamin C.
Lemon Water for Ailments
Lemon juice is very helpful in aiding with belly bloat. Citric acid can supplement your natural stomach acids to help your food break down properly. Lemon juice has a lot of potassium. These keep your sodium levels lower. The lower your sodium levels are, the less bloat you have.
Lemons for Flu
Lemon juice also helps ease your sneezing, too. Citric fruits are high in vitamin C. Vitamin C is an antioxidant that will help you ward off colds, and reduces inflammation of your body. You need to drink a lot of lemon water to see huge results, but after a while, you’ll see the results. You just have to be patient when you start drinking lemon water, and then you will gradually experience the benefits of drinking lemon water.
Lemons for Heart Health
Lemons support heart health. One lemon provides 31 mg of vitamin C, which reduces your risk of heart disease and also strokes. The fiber and plant compounds that are in lemons can lower some of the risk factors for heart disease. If you eat 24 grams of citrus fiber extract for one month, your blood cholesterol levels will be reduced.
Lemon Water for Kidney Stones
Lemons have been known to prevent kidney stones as well. If you get kidney stones, you know how painful they are. Citric acid helps kidney stones by increasing urine volume and increasing urine pH, making a less favorable environment for kidney stone formation. Drink the solution to see these results as one of many benefits of drinking lemon water.
Lemon Water for Anemia
Lemon juice helps protect you against anemia, too. Iron deficiency happens often. It occurs when you do not get enough iron in your diet. Lemons have iron in them, but they help you absorb iron from plant foods easier. You can absorb iron easily by eating or drinking anything with vitamin C and citric acid.
Lemon Water Fiber
Every day, your body requires about 20 to 38 grams of fiber. Most of us get very little fiber daily in our lives. This can cause digestion issues, which are not comfortable or healthy. Bad digestion can cause hemorrhoids and constipation; neither are fun. When you add more fiber in your diet, you are less likely to develop heart disease and diabetes. A medium-sized lemon has about 2.5 grams of fiber in it.
Benefits of Drinking Lemon Water | Conclusion
There are many powerful benefits that lemons and lemon juice can provide. If we include lemons in our daily lives, and in our diets, lemons can provide us with benefits that most of us are not even aware of. If you can deal with the tartness of lemons, make a plan to put them in your diet. It doesn’t have to be every day, but at least once a week to reap some of the benefits.
The benefits of drinking lemon water are numerous; many individuals find the tart beverage to be refreshing and delicious. Incorporate lemon juice and/or lemon water into your daily routine to see some of these benefits for yourself.