How to Become Instagram Famous
Who doesn’t like Instagram fame? Kindly signify, in the comments section, by a show of emojis. We live in an internet age, where even the most spiritual, modest, and nerdy people wanna bomb the internet. People post regular stuff all day, with the hope of going viral. And getting famous seems to be a divine phenomenon or better still, a herculean task. Don’t worry wannabes😎 We got you covered 👌
This post reveals the secrets of Instagram celebrities, the tricks involved in going viral and the Instagram tools needed for the task.
Why should I become Instagram famous?
Aside from the good vibe that comes with fame, most people don’t really seem to get the full gist. Being famous could be the ticket to your dreams.
Yeah! That’s right. Fame Begets Money. Have you ever noticed that most Instagram influencers start growing financially the moment they get famous? Though most of these cash flow comes from advertising related brands on Instagram, there are companies dying to get featured on influencers pages. And all you gotta do to get their attention is to have a large Instagram fanbase.
Wondering how much companies pay Instagram models to get featured? here’s your answer.
Note: I’m gonna assume you already have a superb Instagram profile. But if you don’t know how to set up a really cool Instagram profile, please read — How to set up an appealing Instagram profile — before proceeding.
How to Get Instagram Famous: 15 Steps to Becoming Instagram Famous
Utilizing Instagram stories, high-quality content, and essentially treating your Instagram like a small business are all fundamental ideologies to have when pursuing Instagram Fame. Tagged photos and videos are key to help drive your Instagram influencer marketing as you grow your digital marketing/Instagram skills to showcasing free products and essentially treating your IG thread like blog posts.
1. Choose a Passionate Niche
- Chose a niche you’re most passionate about You can’t keep posting regular pieces of stuff and expect people to follow you wholeheartedly. If your content doesn’t reflect your passion, no one would be motivated to engage with your Instagram content.
2. Motivation in Motion
- The motivation behind the words you write or say in your posts arouses people to not only follow you but also engage with your Instagram content from time to time.
- Create an Instagram account with your passion in mind. Believe me — this is the best way to gain loyal Instagram followers.
3. Showcase Passion
- You don’t have to be a great singer to gain more music followers. All you need is a passion for music. The same is true for other niches, like modeling, comedy, football, agriculture, marketing, and gaming.
- Though you don’t have to be really talented to in the niche to become an Instagram influencer, creativity is key to becoming famous.
4. Utilize Findable and Trackable Hashtags
- Personalized hashtags aka #metags should embody your brand’s name, values or influencer marketing campaign. Developing a personalized hashtag is a way of making your tribe stand out.
- Unique hashtags help customers engage with their favorite brands without tagging them directly. For instance, and Adidas users who just purchased an Adidas shoe might want to post a picture of him wearing the shoe alongside #adidas. Having a personalized hashtag had an added advantage, which is an increase in brand awareness or Instagram fame. For instance, people all over the world use Nike’s hashtag #doit as an inspirational term without realizing it belongs to a shoe company.
- You can consult with iProfit Social for additional help.
6. Use Different Types of Hashtags
- Opposite to the popular notion that lesser hashtags ensure more engagement, the reverse is true. The only clause is your hashtags must be related to a niche, for it to be effective.
- Study shows that your engagement rate increases with the number of hashtags used per Instagram post. Your post content shouldn’t have more than 30 hashtags — the maximum number allowed on Instagram.
- To rank higher with hashtags, use less popular hashtags with 100,000 to a couple of million post shares. Ignore popular hashtags, such as #life, #love, or #success. And when using hashtags, track your hashtags hours after posting, to know the ones where your content is ranking high.
7. Study Your Competitors
- Despite the influence of your competitors on social media, great or small, there’s always something to learn. Study your competitors’ interactions with consumers (potential clients), learn their most effective strategies, and apply them to your posts on Instagram.
- Apart from their strategies, check out their profiles and make yours better.
8. Embrace Storytelling
- Whether personal or fictional, storytelling has a way of turning strangers to friends. And it drives more engagement than other types of Instagram contents.
- When narrated in an interesting manner, listeners or readers develop an interest in your brand. A story can be entertaining and educative, at the same time. It depends on the way the story is narrated. Presentation is everything.
- If cycling is your niche, you can tell a story on how you improved from an amateur cyclist to a professional. If singing is your niche, you can narrate a story about your most embarrassing moment on stage. Storytelling is fun. Turn every story into a marketing tool.
9. Make Consistency Your Watchword
- No one becomes Instagram famous overnight. Embrace the process of greatness and post consistently on your page. Draft a plan, stating the number of content you wanna post per week. To become Instagram famous, you need to post contents 2-3 times a day.
- Becoming famous is not an easy task. If your content isn’t repetitive or boring, it won’t look spammy at all. In fact, Instagram rewards consistent accounts with more exposure. But if you find it difficult to post Instagram content 2-3 times a day, post a few times a week and be consistent. Keep interacting with your tribe, till you’re able to build long-lasting relationships online. Try creating most of your contents on weekends, in preparation for the coming week when you’d be busy most of the time.
10. Know When to Post
- Study your posting times to know when you get the most engagement.
- Generally, posts perform better on weekends because that’s the time of the week when most people are less busy. But you’ve got to discover what works for you because the way consumers engage with social media varies with the niche. Apps like keyhole, locowise and Iconosquare help you discover your best posting times.
11. Go Local
- Local exposure gives you a turgid base, which provides the engagement you need to kickstart every post.
- Let’s say you’re touring India, reach out to the local communities on Instagram, posts content of you in India, and geotag your followers in India.
- Geo-tagging is a great Instagram feature that helps you bond with your followers and those you’re following. But don’t misuse the feature. Only it when you wanna interact with those in your present location.
12. Implement a Call-To-Action
- CTA’s, such as — Double tap if you agree, Tag a friend who needs to see this, Leave your comment below, Let me know what are your thoughts on this, Yay or Nay, and Comment to enter this giveaway — work wonders. Including CTA’S in your posts increases engagement, which gives you more exposure.
13. Get Featured
- Reach out to other influencers in your field for an Instagram post or story promotions. Some may charge money while others might demand mutual help. Be it as it may, influence Begets influence.
- When people see your post on other influencer pages, they’d follow you for more (if your stuff is interesting). You don’t have to limit your influence to Instagram alone. Also, get featured on blogs, and news sites.
14. Engage Actively With Your Audience
Use your DM more often and reply to your contacts. Instagram pushes your content to the feeds of those you interact with via DM.
Every follower deserves a direct message. Send them each of them welcoming messages and set up quick replies.
For instance, “Hitha Kate, thanks for liking my content. How’s your day going?”
Don’t be a social parasite — like your followers’ posts and engage with them on their posts. Though getting many followers is cool, inactive followers could decrease your Instagram reach.
15. Use Paid Ads
- To initiate a sponsored ad, you’ve got to switch to a business Instagram account. A business account allows you to view insights on every post and promote your page.
- Put more flesh on the bone of your brand by reaching out to more Instagram users via paid ads. This is the surest way to become famous. When done perfectly, your Instagram ad could outsmart the Instagram algorithm.
- you can consult with Lead Advisors to optimize the best advertising plan for your business!
Getting famous on any platform is not a day’s job. So be cool and keep pushing consistently till you become an Instagram influencer. If you have any questions or suggestions on the topic — How to become Instagram famous — leave your comments below.