Best Credit Card Debt Payoff Calculator
A good way to make sure that you stay out of debt on your existing credit cards is to make use of an online debt repayment calculator such as Credit Karma. The site calculates how long it will take for you to pay down all of your credit card debt.
You enter information into the provided fields. These are titled “balance owed,” “interest rate,” “expected monthly payment,” and “desired payoff time-frame.” The credit card debt calculator will take these financial considerations into account and provide you with a plan for paying off your debt.
The debt calculator will help make your existing debt more manageable, or allow you to plan for future credit card expenses.
Refinancing Your Credit Cards
One option to help improve your current credit score is to refinance your cards to have a lower annual fee. Additionally, lowering your total credit spending limit will help lower your monthly payments. These financial tactics can help you build your credit score for future business ventures.
Capital One Credit lines are a great partner of Credit Karma and can provide tools to benefit your current credit score. We recommend that you utilize the credit card debt payoff calculator in 2019 to manage or improve your current financial situation.
Ready For a Quick Quiz?
What Factors into a Credit Score?
First, let’s discuss the differences between different credit scores. A credit score can range from around 300 to 850 points. A score of 700 and higher is considered a good credit score and will generally allow you to obtain loans without being denied. Obtaining a high credit score can also help to lower interest rates. An online credit card debt payoff calculator will give you financial recommendations to help you achieve a higher credit score. These suggestions may relate to changes in your credit limitations and other account relevant variables.
Where To Find Credit Card Debt Calculators?
You can obtain your credit score from Equifax, TransUnion, and right here on Credit Karma. The signup process is quick to complete and will not result in any charges against your credit.
Credit Karma also offers a Credit Score Stimulator – This online tool will help determine what would happen if you opened a new credit card, or how large expenses would affect your credit score.
Credit Karma Features:
- Direct Dispute – If you see any errors on your existing credit report, you can dispute it directly through the Credit Karma platform.
- Approval Odds – Credit Karma will estimate the likelihood of the approval of any new loans or credit cards.
- Credit Monitoring – Credit Karma can assist in the monitoring of your current credit-related status.
- Credit Karma will alert you if any significant changes are made to your credit report, this includes any potential fraudulent activity.
- Credit Karma offers an easy to use a mobile app to pull reports in real-time.
- Credit Karma will generate recommendations for credit cards or loans that could help save you money compared to your current credit payments.
How Can You Improve Your Credit Health?
- Pay your bills on time – Late or missed payments can significantly affect your credit score.
- Never close old credit cards – This can lower your credit score significantly
- Pay down debts – Keeping your overall credit card utilization amount below 30% will leave you in good shape.
- Don’t open too many credit cards at once – Having too much credit can go against your credit score.
- Diversify your credit mix – Lenders like to see a mix of existing credit.
How Much Will You Save?
Check if you qualify in two simple steps
- Step 1 – Select your debt amount below to see if you’re eligible
- Step 2 –Answer a few quick questions & join hundreds of thousands of Americans on the path to becoming debt-free
Many Americans complain about the lack of scoring consistency they receive for their credit scores. All three of the credit bureaus have designed a model called “VantageScore” in order to obtain a more consistent standard of credit scoring across the board. When you use a credit card debt payoff calculator you’ll be able to see how to get debt better managed and financed.
A VantageScore has three scoring models. They calculate your scores based on:
- Your payment history – They will look at the consistency of payments made and look for any late payments in your history. They will look to see how many lines of credit you have open and have had open in the past.
- How long you’ve had credit – They will look at the duration of the lines of credit you currently have open.
- Which types of credit lines you have – the different types of credit lines can be anything from home loans, auto loans, student loans, refinances, home improvement loans, etc.
- Current credit limits – The limit of credit on your credit cards, which is contingent upon several factors including your credit score.
- The amount of debt – The amounts owed for purchases. This is often coined “debt-to-income” ratio, or how much money are you bringing in (gross annual income) compared to how much you owe in debt.
- Any hard inquiries on your credit report – This is the act of “pulling” credit when you visit a lender. This is particularly scrutinized when applying for an auto or home loan.
When to Consider a Balance Transfer?
A balance transfer is taking existing debt and placing it into a different credit card account. There are certain scenarios where doing this may prove to be more cost-effective in the long run. If you have debt with a high-interest rate – If your current credit card is charging a high-interest rate – it may be beneficial to search for one that offers a lower one.
You don’t want to deal with multiple payments every month, so consolidating debt into one credit card account will give you fewer credit card balances to keep track of and help you keep your finances better organized. You are often offered a great promotional offer on a balance transfer. If you are able to pay off your existing debt faster through the new offer, it could be of benefit to take advantage of the refinancing.
Credit Karma is a great option if you’re looking for a reliable and effective credit card debt payoff calculator. The recommendations provided by the debt calculators will help customers make the most of their credit situation. The site is designed to be completely secure in terms of using your financial information and is highly accessible across your electronic devices. Additionally, the site provides an abundance of finance-related reading to help you better understand how your money can start working for you. The resources and calculators provided by Credit Karma are valuable tools that everyone can benefit from.
February 16, 2019; UPDATED June 18, 2019.