Caregiving story writing contest accepting entries
WASHINGTON, DC –Together with the Asian American Journalists Association (AAJA), AARP is launching a Caregiving Storytelling Contest.
The contest seeks stories from journalists that capture the emotional, financial, and personal impacts of caregiving through Asian cultural perspectives.
These stories can be personal journeys or accounts of other Asian American and Pacific Islanders who have been impacted by caregiving for a loved one.
A winner will be selected from each of these three categories:
- A mini-documentary (3-5 minutes)
- A first-person essay (no more than 1,000 words) with 1-3 supplementary photos or images
- A photo essay (8-15 photos) with artist’s statement (500 words or less)
The top winner of each format will win:
- $1,000 cash
- One (1) AAJA 2019 National Convention registration (2019 convention city to be announced at the #AAJA18 Gala and Awards Banquet on Saturday, August 11)
- One (1) round-trip airfare within the continental U.S. to the 2019 convention
- Three (3) nights of hotel accommodations at the AAJA 2019 convention
Rules and Restrictions:
- You must be a paid, active AAJA member (Subject to verification)
- Only one (1) submission per category
- You can submit to more than one (1) category
- You do not have to be an AARP member
Contestant must be an AAJA member to submit an entry. The deadline is November 16.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.