‘PH Time Is Now’ networking back at Harvard Club of NY, Oct. 28
NEW YORK – “PH Time Is Now: A Time and Place to Connect with Fellow Filipino Trailblazers” will be back on Saturday, Oct. 28, 2023, from 12 to 7 p.m. at The Harvard Club of New York City.
Launched in 2018, the event is a platform for global “Filipino trailblazers, mentors, and changemakers to share their personal stories of learning, growth, and success to aid the next generation to reach greater heights in their personal and professional lives.”
Carissa Villacorta, founder and creator of PH Time Is Now said, “It’s always been our dream to have a time and place for meaningful conversations and real connections. That’s what we hope to create in this undertaking.”
TV personality Karen Davila, who will fly in from Manila to New York City, said, “I’ve always observed Carissa’s efforts to promote Filipino talent, wherever they may be, and more importantly, to connect us with one another, wherever we are on our journey. I’m thrilled to be able to take part in this movement to help one another meet mentors, role models, and supporters in the spirit of giving and receiving.”
Loida Lewis, who’s also supporting and hosting the event, said, “We have always been on the lookout for the community, connecting me and other people who can work together and support one another once they meet each other.”
Headlining the full-day summit is Davila, one of the Philippines’ most celebrated news anchors who has been recognized globally and locally for her achievements in journalism as well as for her contributions to various advocacies and charities. Joining her at PH Time Is Now 2023 are:
- •LOIDA LEWIS, Philanthropist, Businesswoman, and author of “Why Should Guys Have All the Fun?”
- BOBBY LOPEZ, Double EGOT (Emmy, Grammy, Oscar & Tony) award-winning composer for Frozen, Coco, Avenue Q, and Book of Mormon
- SHEILA LIRIO MARCELO, Founder of Care.com and co-founder of Proof of Learn
- BETH DELA CRUZ, President, Jollibee North America
- JOSE ANTONIO VARGAS, Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist; author and non-profit founder; producer of Here Lies Love on Broadway
- CLINT RAMOS, Tony Award-winning costume designer, 6-time Tony nominee; producer of Here Lies Love on Broadway
- DR. NEETA BHUSHAN, Author, Leadership Coach, and Social Entrepreneur
- REBECCA KERSCH, Founder and CEO of TANGGapp Mobile Remittance App
- ANNE DEL CASTILLO, Senior Policy Advisor at the NYC Department of Cultural Affairs and former Commissioner of the NYC Mayor’s Office of Media and Entertainment (MOME)
- JEF ALBEA, fashion designer and sculptor
- RAQUEL T. CHOA, co-founder of The Chocolate Chamber
- TONY DELA ROSA, award-winning educator, racial justice consultant, scholar-activist, and spoken word poet
The event will feature #PHNow, a curated trunk show highlighting Filipino creativity and ingenuity featuring creations by AXNWear, Jef Albea, Jonela Beauty, and Lola Weavers. The Limited Edition Global Filipino Watch by Philip Stein, which inspired #PHTimeIsNow, will also be available.
Broadway Barkada, who also performed at #PHTimeIsNow 2018, will be closing the evening with a medley of hit songs and fan favorites. An afterparty has been arranged for attendees at the new Elsie Rooftop on 1412 Broadway.
More speakers, mentors, and special guests will be announced soon on PH Time Is Now’s social media platforms and newsletter. To reserve a seat at the Harvard Club of New York City or to gain digital access to the event, visit www.phtimeisnow.com
#PHTimeIsNow2023 is supported by Jollibee Foods Corporation and Ayala Land. Community partners include Filipino Young Leaders Program (FYLPRO), NYC Filipinos, FilExcellence, and Project Barkada. Good News Pilipinas is a media partner.
Tickets are available through PayPal or TANGGapp, a mobile remittance app used by Filipino community leaders to make US to Philippine donations, purchases, and remittances faster and easier.