LOOK: Sans Rival recipe from Goldilocks Bakebook
SANS RIVAL Recipe with Sansrival Syrup and Sansrival Icing Recipe:
Meringue (Makes 160 grams):
Ground Cashew – ¾ cup
Chopped Cashew – ½ cup
All-purpose Flour, unsifted — ¼ cup
Egg whites – Egg whites of 6 large eggs
Cream of Tartar – 1 tsp
Sugar – 1 cup
Preheat oven 300° F
- Lightly brush four – 8” round pans with shortening. Line the bottom with parchment paper then set aside.
- Combine the ground cashew, chopped cashew and all-purpose flour in a bowl. Mix well until blended. Set aside.
- Combine egg whites and cream of tartar in a mixing bowl with wire whip attachment. Mix at medium speed for 1 minute while gradually adding the sugar.
- Switch to high speed and continue beating the egg whites for approximately 4 minutes until medium peaks are formed.
- Fold-in the flour mixture into the egg white mixture using the cut-and-fold method until all ingredients are well blended.
- Equally distribute the mixture onto the prepared pans and spread evenly using a small offset spatula.
- Bake the meringue in the center of the oven for 50 to 55 minutes or until dry.
- When the meringue shells are baked, immediately invert to another parchment paper. Peel off parchment paper from the bottom and allow to cool. Set aside.
Sansrival Syrup Recipe:
Ingredients – Measurement:
Sugar – ¾ cup
Water – ¼ cup
Egg Yolks – Egg yolks of 6 large eggs
Vanilla Extract – 1/8 tsp
- Combine water and sugar in a heavy bottom saucepan.
- Clip a candy thermometer on the side of the saucepan.
- Set the saucepan over low fire and allow the syrup to cook to 240° F (soft ball stage).
- When the syrup reaches 200° F, combine the egg yolks and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl with wire whip attachment. Beat for 8 to 10 minutes at high speed.
- Remove pan from heat when the syrup reaches 240°F. Reset mixer to low speed and gently pour the syrup over the beaten egg yolks. Mix until all of the syrup has been added.
- Transfer the sansrival syrup to another container and then allow it to cool before to freezing and storing.
Sansrival Icing Recipe:
Ingredients – Measurements:
Butter, unsalted (cubed and softened) – 1 ½ cup
Sansrival syrup – 2 cups
- Place butter in a mixing bowl with a paddle attachment. Cream butter at low speed until soft and blended. Occasionally scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl.
- Switch the mixer to medium speed and continue creaming until volume increases.
- Reset mixer to low speed and add Sansrival syrup. Continue mixing until mixture is light in color and smooth in consistency. Set aside.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.