Amazon Camperforce – everything you need to know
Many people look to the Amazon Camperforce as a great way to make money as they live on the road. This program offers seasonal work in various states for people living in RVs. They get to work in one of Amazon’s fulfillment centers, and then the e-commerce giant provides funds for campground expenses.
People are divided on the Amazon Camperforce program as its supporters see it to live life on their terms. On the other hand, some people see it as a way for the online retail firm to get another source of cheap labor. Nevertheless, it’s a trend that may likely stay with us for a few years, so you should see how it may change the job market.
I’ve shared the gist of how the program works, so I’ll talk more about how it works. Specifically, I’ll be tackling the work hours, average salary, and the types of jobs available. After that, I’ll explain how you can apply for Amazon Camperforce. Then, I’ll discuss the potential benefits and issues that Camperforce workers usually experience.
How does the program work?
As I said, Amazon Camperforce allows RVers to work for their fulfillment centers. Once you apply, you can check Amazon’s website for available full-time and part-time jobs.
Then, Camperforce employees must head to their chosen fulfillment center and perform certain roles. This will depend on the type of building you choose, but the tasks are similar.
It often involves preparing customer orders, loading boxes onto trucks, putting away inventory, and putting heavy machinery. Workers get weekly CampPay worth $1,200 for camping expenses.
You could earn $15 per hour working for Amazon Camperforce. Also, it offers assignment completion bonuses depending on the type of hour.
It’s $0.50 for each regular hour worked and $1.00 for each overtime hour worked. Camperforce employees must work four sorts every week.
That’s four hours a day per sort, but each week may only require a maximum of 30 hours. If you get assigned to a busy season such as the holidays.
#TLDR #Tech #Automated | How Amazon’s CamperForce program doubled this year, adding jobs for seasonal workers who live on the road (4 minute read) https://t.co/SGLodJYUJ4
— Yohan J. Rodríguez (@hasdid) December 26, 2021ADVERTISEMENT
Amazon offers Voluntary Extra Time to earn overtime pay during busy seasons. While it pays per hour, you receive earnings via weekly paychecks.
What’s more, you will receive benefits like medical coverage after 90 days and a 401(k). You may also earn a referral bonus.
You may stay at any RV site, but it’s not a good idea to leave mid-assignment. Otherwise, you won’t be able to get a new one for the rest of the season.
Read More: What Is The Van Life Trend?
How do I apply for Amazon Camperforce?
Trekking #TexasVeterans can enjoy the traveling lifestyle and earn pay with benefits with Amazon Camperforce. Stay in tune with 2022 openings for jobs for RVers & work campers at:https://t.co/JtgfKSxH22 pic.twitter.com/QfxkpJtsbu
— Texas Veterans Commission (@TexasVeterans) December 30, 2021
- Go to hiring.amazon.com and create an account with your email address and a six-digit pin you can remember.
- After that, verify the account using the email you’ll receive.
- Sign in to your account, and then click the Apply button.
- Read the description page and the screening questions.
- Afterward, click Start Application.
- Answer the new set of questions about your work history.
- Next, the website will ask you to play three puzzle games. Watch the intro video and answer as best you can, as it will prove your skills to Amazon.
- After that, you can select a job from Amazon’s list. Once you’ve picked one, read the description.
- Once you’re sure about taking the role, click Select this job.
- After that, click Accept Offer.
- Then, Amazon Camperforce will conduct a background check. You’ll be asked to read the consent forms and share details about yourself.
- Pick a day where you can visit its office for a pre-hire appointment that lasts for 30 minutes.
- Once you’re sure about all the details, click the Submit application button.
- Pass all the screenings, and you’re ready to start working for Amazon.
What’s to like about Amazon Camperforce?
- The jobs involve a lot of walking, which may help you lose weight.
- You may find the tasks simple enough that you quickly get the hang of them.
- Some Camperforce workers find the $15 per hour and the bonuses worth it.
- The $1,200 CampPay could make your stay at an RV park almost free.
Some people aren’t fine with staying in the same home and office. Instead, they like the freedom of riding around the country. This seems suited for people who truly love to live on the road.
This is like the recent Van Life trend in late 2021. If that’s fine for you, then you might like working for Amazon Camperforce.
What’s more, it might be a good choice if you already live in a mobile home. Otherwise, you might want to think carefully before joining.
What are some of its issues?
- You’re likely to feel lonely for the rest of your shift. Amazon Camperforce might not be a good choice if you want to socialize at work.
- You’ll spend hours walking, so even people in good shape may get a few blisters and sores.
- The work is simple, but you’ll be doing the same thing over and over. You can’t wear headphones during certain jobs, so you may quickly get bored.
You might want to look for a new way to make money if you’re not yet living in an RV. This lifestyle takes a lot of planning and funding to pull off properly.
What’s more, this may not be the best for your long-term finances. Van life isn’t easy to sustain in the long run because so many things could prevent you from doing so.
For example, you might have to settle down if you get sick or injured. Also, everyone will grow old, so your body might not be up to the task of maintaining RV life after several years.
That’s the gist of how the Amazon Camperforce program works. If you need more details, visit its website. You might want to check online reviews to hear from former workers.
Like I’ve said in my other articles, the future of work is remote. With the help of tech and the internet, we can now earn money without working in an office.
This opens new career opportunities that were not available a few years ago. If you want to check some of the best ones, click here.
If you are interested in content marketing, please email [email protected]
As an Amazon Associate INQUIRER.net will earn from qualifying purchases.