Best pork belly recipes
Some of the best pork belly recipes are very easy to make. We have come up with some great pork belly recipes to share with you. First, we should discuss how to cook pork belly.
If you have never cooked pork belly before, we have the steps for you to cook pork belly and make it taste unbelievable.
How to cook pork belly
If you have never cooked pork belly before, we have some instructions on how to cook pork belly. It is quite a simple process. If you want to cook it to be tender and juicy, we have tips and steps to cook the perfect pork belly.
How to Roast a Pork Belly
- Score the skin of the pork belly by using a sharp knife.
- Next, lay the pork with the skin side up on a rack and in a roasting tin. Next, rub oil and season salt on the pork.
- Transfer to a preheated oven. Ensure that you check your recipe for the time and temperature to cook your pork belly.
- Pork belly requires slow and gentle heat, which keeps the meat tender. You want a short blast of hugh heat to give it crispy skin.
- Cook at 320 degrees F for 2 hours and 15 minutes. Turn up the oven to 400 degrees F for 30 minutes. This makes it crisp and crackling.
- Once your pork belly is cooked, remove pork from the oven. Check to see if the pork is tender. Even though it is a crispy pork belly, it should still be tender.
- Check with a knife to see if it is done, and let the pork belly cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Carve your pork belly.
Now that you know how to cook a pork belly, we have some foods that go well with pork belly. These are great additions to the wonderful meal you are cooking.
What goes well with pork belly?
Many foods go well with a pork belly. We have several suggestions that are always great with pork belly. Since pork belly is savory and rich, you might need some suggestions on cooking with it.
One of the best side dishes with pork belly is baked beans with brown sugar. This has a great sweet and smoky taste. Red cabbage coleslaw gives a mixture of cabbage, carrots, and raisins.
All this talk about pork belly, and the best part is still to come. We have found a few of the best pork belly recipes to try.
Best Pork Belly Recipes to Try
With all of this talk about pork belly, we have some recipes for you. These are some of the best pork belly recipes out there today.
Teriyaki Glazed Pork Belly Recipe with Jasmine Rice
- Serves 4
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- 1 pound pork belly
- 2 TBSP sesame oil
- 1 to 2 TBSP honey
- 2 TBSP brown sugar
- 1 TBSP soy sauce
- 2 TBSP teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 TBSP Sriracha (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 tsp lemongrass
- pinch fresh pepper
- Two cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- One jalapeno, seeds removed and finely diced
- 1/2 TBSP sesame seeds
- Jasmine Rice for serving
- First, score the fatty side of the pork belly using a sharp knife. Grab a cast iron frying pan and put the pork belly fat side down in the pan.
- Cook on medium-low and cook until fat is out of the meat. They are turning once or twice. Remove the meat from the pan.
- Then dice the meat into little cubes and put it back in the pan. Make sure the pork fat is crisp on the outside. Drain fat from pan.
- Mix all sauces in a small bowl. Pour sauce over the meat in the pan.
- Cook for 4 minutes or until the glaze is thick and sticks to the meat.
- Remove from pan and sprinkle with sesame seeds or jalapenos.
- Serve over Jasmine rice.
Easy Baked Pork Belly
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hr 5 min Servings: 6
- 3 pounds pork belly, skin removed & cut into 2-inch cubes
- Two cloves garlic, minced
- One teaspoon dried red chili flakes
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- Two tablespoons brown sugar, lightly packed
- One tablespoon sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- One tablespoon sesame seeds
- Four stalks green onion, chopped
- Put all ingredients except sesame seeds, onions, and pork belly in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add pork belly pieces and marinate the pork. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare a baking sheet and line it with parchment paper.
- Arrange pork belly on sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes, remove from oven and sprinkle sesame seeds and onions. Place back in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Crispy Golden Pork Belly
- Serving: 8
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour to 10 minutes
- 2 lb pork belly
- 1 cup table salt
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ⅓ cup rice wine
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Two garlic cloves minced
- A side note, baking the pork belly will make it crispy and golden brown instead of getting burned.
- Use a paper towel and pat the skin of the pork belly until dry.
- Mix marinade in a large bowl & pour in a rectangle pan to fit the pork belly. Place in fridge for several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a roasting pan with foil. Pour 1 inch of water into the bottom of the pan.
- Place the cut of meat on the wire rack.
- These cuts of pork will cook above the water. Also, the pork drippings will drip into the water.
- Make sure the pork belly is level or not cooked evenly.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until meat is cooked.
- Remove pork belly from the oven and raise oven temperature to 465 degrees.
- Bake for 30 more minutes until the skin is bubbly and crisp.
- Pork should cool for a few minutes before cutting and serving.
Is eating pork belly bad for you?
Pork belly is not a bad thing to eat every day. About half of the fat that is in pork belly is monounsaturated. Those are heart-healthy fatty acids that are good for you.
The fats in the pork belly reduce belly fat, raise good cholesterol, and fight against cancer. Forty percent of the fat in pork belly is saturated. This is a healthy fat to eat.
The rest of the fat in the pork belly is polyunsaturated. There are omega-3s and omega-6s in this fat. If eaten too much of these fats, they can cause swelling.
Pork belly can be hard to cook correctly. You can use a Crock-Pot and slow cook the pork belly, or you can use a fast method to cook it as well.
If you do not have 6 hours to waste, slow cooking is out of the question. You should not cook pork belly on high heat unless you are trying to crisp the skin.
Overall, pork belly is not bad for you if prepared correctly and eaten in moderation.
Pork belly is delicious food. There are many great pork belly recipes online to try out. Pork belly is quite good for you, and when eaten in moderation, the health benefits outweigh the bad.
If you have never tried pork belly, give it a shot. You never know. It may be your new favorite food.