How to make gluten free pizza
If you have been looking for a gluten free pizza recipe, search no further. You can make a basic pizza without gluten with many of the items you have in your pantry.
Making this type of pizza is simple and easy. This recipe can be prepared up to three days before you serve it.
As long as the pizza dough is stored in a tightly sealed container in your refrigerator, you can make the gluten-free pizza dough up to three days in advance.
One side note to remember, be careful not to let the dough get dried out. If your dough dries out, it will not rise. It will do this if your container is not sealed well.
Gluten free pizza is a little different from regular pizza.
How is gluten free pizza different?
Gluten-free foods do not always mean that they taste bad or are missing out on better foods. That is not the case at all. There are ways to have a gluten free diet and enjoy delicious foods as well.
Gluten free pizzas are included. One of the only differences between homemade pizza and gluten free pizza is the dough that you use.
The dough starches are gluten free is the main difference. This type of dough is made using gluten substitutes for protein and consistency. For example, beans or eggs can be used.
There are ways you can buy the pizza dough that is already made, or you can make it yourself. Most people like to buy the prepared dough for the best taste.
If you would like to try this type of pizza dough, you may have questions about the ingredients of gluten free pizza.
What is gluten free pizza made of?
When you are gluten free, if you eat anything that contains gluten, your digestive system can suffer dearly. Gluten can make your issues worse or cause new problems as well.
With that being said, knowing what is in your food is very important. People who follow a gluten-free diet should avoid foods with wheat, barley, and rye.
Since more and more people are sensitive to gluten, everyday new foods are being introduced. Gluten free pizza is one of them.
Sometimes it may be difficult to find the flours and expensive too. If you want a pizza without gluten, it is made with ground flour, for example, almond flour, rice flour, corn, or bean flour. Many specialty stores sell these flours, though.
What does gluten-free pizza taste like?
Some people are not gluten sensitive and have no idea what gluten free pizza tastes like. Many people have an idea that it may be gross and taste nothing like pizza at all.
Gluten free foods have just been developed over the last decade or so. If you are on a gluten free diet, you are aware of what it tastes like.
Several gluten free pizzas are made with rice flour. Rice flour gives the crust of the pizza the same texture as a regular pizza.
The flavor of it is much like that of a traditional pizza. The gluten-free pizza may be a little darker in color and a little chewier than regular pizza. The texture is a little more doughy as well.
If you add sauce, cheese, and other gluten free toppings, you cannot taste a huge difference. For the most part, the verdict on gluten-free pizzas is that it is pretty good, and once you add toppings, the taste is almost the same.
The health benefits outweigh as little difference in the taste. The total calories are 130. Other nutritional stats include- total fat-1.5 g, Saturated fat- 0 g, trans fat- o gm, Cholesterol- 0 mg, sodium-140 mg, carbs-28, fiber- 1 g, sugar- 3 g, and protein- 2 g.
We have found some great recipes for it as well. We have included two great recipes here.
Here’s How to Make Gluten-Free Pizza
Making the best pizza without gluten ever is what we hope this article helps you accomplish. We have a few recipes here for you to learn how to make gluten free pizza. This is the best crust recipe.
You will love this free recipe. If you do not have the time to make this, many frozen gluten-free pizzas are available at your local market.
The Best Gluten Free Pizza Crust and Sauce:
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- 1 tbsp dry active yeast
- One ¼ cup warm water
- 2-3 Tbsp Sugar
- 3 cups gluten free flour blend
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Turn on the oven and preheat to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine yeast and 3/4 cup warm water. Let sit for 5 minutes to activate.
- Sprinkle in 1 Tbsp of the sugar
- In a separate bowl, combine gluten-free flour blend, salt, baking powder, and remaining 1-2 Tbsp sugar depending on preferred sweetness.
- Whisk until well combined.
- Make a well in the dry mixture and add the yeast mixture.
- Add the olive oil and an additional 1/2 cup of warm water before stirring.
- Then stir it all together until well combined, using a wooden spoon.
- If using the whole dough to make one large pizza, spread onto a greased baking sheet or a pizza stone.
- Otherwise, make one smaller pizza and reserve the other half of the dough, wrapped in the fridge for several days.
- Using your hands and a little brown rice flour, if it gets too sticky, work from the middle and push to spread/flatten the dough out to the edge.
- It should be pretty thin – less than 1/4 inch.
- Put the pizza in the oven to pre-bake for roughly 25-30 minutes, or until it begins to look dry. Cracks may appear. This is okay.
- Remove from the oven and spread generously with your favorite pizza sauce, cheese, and desired toppings.
- Put back in the oven for another 20-25 minutes, or until the crust edge looks golden brown and the toppings are warm and bubbly.
- Cut immediately and serve.
You can use parchment paper and some cornmeal to keep it from sticking to anything as well.
This recipe is gluten free dairy-free as well.
To make 3 cups Gluten-free flour: 1 cup white rice flour + 1 cup brown rice flour + 1 cup tapioca starch/flour + 3/4 tsp xanthan gum.
Which pizza chain has the best gluten free pizza?
Believe it or not, many pizza chains have this type available. These pizzas are so delicious. You will never know that it is gluten free.
We have compiled a list of the best gluten free pizzas from a pizza chain.
- Amici’s- crust and other menu options for gluten free eating.
- Boston Pizza Gluten Free- they also have gluten-free pasta as well.
- Dominos Pizza Gluten Free Menu- One of the popular pizza chains has gluten free personal-sized pizzas.
- Donatos- They use Udi’s crust free of gluten.
- Extreme Pizza- Extreme pizza has a signature pizza being gluten free.
- Figaro- Figaro has a gluten-free pizza on the menu.
- Garlic Jim’s- This pizza place has it because it is their specialty.
- Gatti’s Pizza- Here, you can customize your pizza with sauces.
- Gino’s Pizza- Here, you can also customize your pizza by type.
- Godfather’s Pizza- They have one that you take and bake. It is pre-wrapped. You just put it in your oven at home.
To sum it all up, gluten free pizza is not that bad as far as taste goes. Once you have the topping on, you will not know the difference unless someone tells you.
Whenever you think gluten free means awful taste, try again, gluten free foods are delicious, and everyone should try once in their lives.