How do I watch Instagram stories anonymously?
Have you ever wanted to view Instagram stories anonymously? You’d be surprised just how many people are trying to figure this out. If you’re one of them, read below to learn these tips and tricks finally!
We will go straight ahead into the different ways you can watch Instagram stories without anyone knowing. That way, your Instagram stories look cool (even for those taking a peek)! We’ll even throw in plenty of nifty methods of making an Instagram story.
Sometimes, you want to see what these brief clips are showing. Surprisingly, even businesses want to do the same for their social media marketing. Later, you’ll understand how and why people view Instagram stories without others knowing.
#1. Use flight mode.
If you don’t know this setting, take out your smartphone. Place your finger on the top corner of the screen. And then drag it down. You will likely see an airplane icon.
This is called flight mode or airplane mode, depending on your phone’s model. As the name suggests, you’re supposed to turn it on when you’re on an airplane.
This could help you check Instagram stories without anyone knowing. Open your Instagram app. Wait for the Instagram stories reel to finish loading. Then, turn on airplane/flight mode.
This will cut your internet access. Now you’re ready to watch Instagram stories anonymously. Close the app before turning flight mode off. Otherwise, your Instagram profile will register your view.
#2. Peek into the Instagram story literally.
You could take advantage of how Instagram stories work. If you’ve noticed, they play automatically as you scroll through them. Here are the steps to this trick:
- Look for the profile with the story you want to view.
- Then, select the profile next to it.
- Pause the story on the other profile.
- Slowly swipe to the story you want to see. It should look like it’s showing the nearby side of a 3D box.
- Now, you should be able to see that story.
Be careful not to swipe all the way. Otherwise, the user will see that you checked their story. You may only peek at the first story on their feed. If it’s a video, this trick won’t play it.
#3. View them from another Instagram account.
You could make a separate profile so you can watch Instagram stories anonymously. However, there are a few reasons why it’s near the bottom of our list.
- Time and effort – You’ll need a new email address for this dummy account. Making that other address will take time, though.
- Locked out of IG – Some people manage to use one email name for the second account. However, you may get locked out of your real profile!
- Public profiles only – This trick will work if you want to view a public Instagram profile. If it’s private, though, you’re out of luck!
#4. Use a third-party app or website.
This is at the bottom of the list because it’s the riskiest. You can find numerous apps and websites that let you view and download Instagram stories anonymously.
The social media platform itself doesn’t have this feature. This means the websites aren’t affiliated with Instagram in any way. Using their services is highly dangerous.
Pick the wrong one, and you’ll put your phone and PC at risk. Then, it may start to malfunction. Worse, you might have to get it fixed. You’ll see these signs if your phone has a virus.
How can I make the best Instagram stories?
New stickers designed by @alonglastname ✨Add them to your story to show support for the COVID-19 vaccine.
When you do, a special ring will show up on your story and it’ll get added to a shared story for #WorldHealthDay pic.twitter.com/godj9ruTng
— Instagram (@instagram) April 7, 2021
It’s easy to create and post Instagram stories. Just tap the camera icon found at the top left corner of the screen. Then you can take a photo or record a video.
However, making them look great isn’t that simple. If people peek into your Instagram stories, make sure they’re blown away! Here are some tips for crafting the best IG stories:
- Add stickers – These aren’t just cute designs! For example, location sticker icons indicate where you took your Instagram story. To add some, tap the Stickers button, the smiley face icon at the top right of the screen.
- Place a survey – One of the stickers lets you include a poll in your Instagram story. You’ll have to type a question then set the survey choices. People can see the latest results after they’ve voted.
- Add music – Another sticker lets you share songs with your Instagram story.
- Hands-free recording – Sometimes, you need both hands for your next IG story. If that’s the case, go to the “Normal” filter screen. Then, swipe right until you find the pink and orange recording button. Tap that to start recording.
- Save stories – Let’s say you’re proud of your recent Instagram story. Swipe up the IG story camera to see the latest photos and videos from your camera roll.
Why do people watch Instagram stories anonymously?
Pro tip 📣
Go to your stories archive for a map and calendar of your stories from the last three years.
Share, download and save them to your highlights. 🎉 pic.twitter.com/3cgSOk7CPG
— Instagram (@instagram) October 6, 2020
Most people look at Instagram stories for fun. Others do it for business. The platform has over 500 million users. That’s a lot of potential customers!
That’s why companies mix traditional and digital marketing. They start by understanding their audience. Specifically, they use Instagram to promote their products and services.
It would be awkward if people knew they’re peeking into their profiles. This is why they also watch Instagram stories anonymously. What’s more, it helps them advertise.
A company could post Instagram stories ads. You may see them along with entries from your friends. That’s a way brands can subtly show ads to potential customers.
Moreover, they could show Instagram Stories Highlights. These could serve as a “movie trailer” for company IG profiles. If done right, it could promote the brand right from their profile page.
This also lets them negotiate with online influencers who have millions of followers. They could bring those people closer to a brand in exchange for money. Brands have to find them anonymously or ruin negotiations.
Of course, posting stories on Instagram won’t be enough for a marketing campaign. A brand should use a mix of appropriate traditional and digital methods.
For example, a company could place billboard ads and publish online articles. These can be a handful, though, especially for small businesses.
Fortunately, you can request a digital marketing agency to help. It could handle every aspect of your online marketing, handling search engine optimization to blog posts!
Learn more about how to watch Instagram stories anonymously
How can I see someone’s story on Instagram without being seen?
You may view Instagram stories without anyone knowing with a few tricks. Please check the following list:
- Use Flight mode.
- Peek into the Instagram story literally.
- View them from another Instagram account.
- Use a third-party app or website.
Note that each method has its limits. For example, using a dummy Instagram account won’t let you view private IG profiles. Also, you may get viruses from third-party apps.
Can someone tell if you look at their Instagram stories?
If you’ve recently posted the Instagram story, open it, then swipe up on the screen. This will allow you to see the number of usernames who have viewed that story. If 48 hours have passed since you posted it, you may read the exact usernames of those who’ve seen the story. You’ll find it in the Archive option in the profile options.
Can you screenshot Instagram stories without them knowing?
A person will only know someone took a screenshot of their Instagram story if it came from the direct message feature. Outside of this scenario, a person won’t know if people took pictures of their Instagram stories. Still, the social media platform may expand the screenshot notifications in future updates.