Best protein bars for weight loss
Do you need help finding the healthiest and best protein bars for weight loss? When considering a healthy option when busy, in-between meals, or when looking for a light snack to keep you going at the gym or during regular exercise sessions, high protein, low-sugar bars are adequate for suiting the nutritional requirements.
Protein bars are awesome for journeys, before, during, and after workouts, as edibles to maintain a balanced blood glucose level during busy days, office hours at the desk, a healthy snack inside a bag, and very useful as quick breakfasts on highly busy days.
When trying to make up one’s mind if protein bars are healthy enough for consumption, the quantity and source of the protein alongside the variety of other nutrients present should be noted and taken into account.
Factors in a protein bar that makes it nourishing
When aiming to achieve one’s body goals, high protein bars should be considered in one’s diet. Most protein bars sold have high quantities of sugar alcohols, unsaturated fatty acids and are highly deficient in edible fibers, which is inappropriate.
The major item in choosing a healthy protein bar is a good mix of nourishing nutrients like fats, proteins, and fiber to attain satiety with less than 400 calories and greater than 200 calories with not less than 20 grams of protein per serving.
Both micronutrients and macronutrients are important in the selection of a good choice on a protein bar. The ingredient list should be looked at, and pellucid foods like grains, fruits, cereals, and nuts should be identified.
The most appropriate factor should be considered in picking the best protein candy bars.
Over 100 protein bars were collated, their nutritional content compared alongside information on the various ingredients present. A suitable criterion of nutrition and ingredients was set up to guide our choices of the best protein bars:
At least 8 grams protein: 15-20 grams of protein if one aims to acquire more muscle mass and 7-12 grams of protein if satisfaction is the goal.
Also, 13 grams of sugar with natural sources of sugar like fruits or cane sugar should be considered—no sugar alcohols.
At least 3 grams fiber per serving with low levels or absence of synthetic, artificial, or isolated fibers, e.g., chicory root or soluble corn fiber.
However, Caution should be implored with bars of greater than 10 grams of fibers, which are probably isolated fibers that result in stomach discomfort.
Related Article: Best Hemp Protein Powder
Healthy Protein Bars
Superior-quality sources of protein, e.g., grass-fed whey protein. Ingredients from whole-food and natural ingredients; no synthetic additives are allowed.
Healthy fats: Fats play roles in the absorption of most nutrients and maintenance of satisfaction. The healthy fats can be obtained from nuts and seeds instead of those that made use of vegetable oils as paddings or binders.
Let’s get into the best protein bars and why each of them is great.
- Price: $37.17
- Description: 1 CANDY BAR (52 grams) contains 210 calories, 12 grams protein, 24 grams carbs (13 grams sugar, 5 grams fiber), 9 grams fat (2 grams saturated fat), and 240 milligrams of sodium.
Best Choice in Taste
- Price: $17.47
- Description: 1 CANDY BAR (50 grams); 250 calories, 12 grams protein, 17 grams carbs (8 grams sugar, 5 grams fiber), 18 grams fat (4 grams saturated fat), and 140 milligrams of sodium.
- Why it’s Great: This healthy snack candy bar contains a good amount of fiber, which aids in digestion, proteins for maintaining muscle mass, and Crunchy peanuts and creamy butter and nuts.
For Increasing Muscle Mass
- Price: $25.99
- Description: 1 CANDY BAR (56 grams); 220 calories, 14 grams protein, 25 grams carbs (4 grams sugar, 14 grams fiber), 10 grams fat (3 grams saturated fat), and 95 milligrams of sodium
Best for Vegans
- Price: $32.78
- Description: 1 CANDY BAR (60 grams); 260 calories, 11 grams of proteins, 30 grams of carbs (10 grams of sugar, 1 gram of fiber), 11 grams of fat (2 grams of saturated fat), and 35 milligrams of sodium
- Why it’s Great: The organic sprouted brown rice protein and pea protein contribute to each candy bar’s 11 grams of protein. The healthy fats are sourced from flax seeds and cashews, known to be good sources of plant-based omega-3 fatty acids with anti-inflammatory properties. It is also one of the tastiest protein bars known.
Great for Weight Loss
- Price: $39.99
- Description: 1 CANDY BAR (38 grams); 200 calories, 8 grams of protein, 9 grams of carbs (2 grams of sugar, 2 grams of fiber), 16 grams of fat (8 grams of saturated fat), and 115 milligrams of sodium
- Why It’s Great: Adequate blood sugar control is necessary for weight loss to eliminate the feared increase and decrease in blood sugar that leaves one hungry. This flavor contains cinnamon which improves fasting blood sugar levels and makes it a great supplement for people who have disparities in their blood sugar levels.
Quality Whole Ingredients
- Price: $25.71
- Description: 1 CANDY BAR (62 grams); 260 calories, 10 grams of protein, 31 grams of carbs (9 grams of sugar, 10 grams of fiber), 12 grams of fat (7 grams saturated fat), and 115 milligrams of sodium
- Why they are Great: The proteins sourced are from whey, Almond, and sunflower protein, with its sweetener being real dark chocolate.
Best for Males
- Price: $19.99
- Description: 1 CANDY BAR (56 grams); 250 calories, 14 grams of protein, 25 grams of carbs (5 grams of sugar, 3 grams of fiber), 11 grams of fat (3.5 grams of saturated fat), 200 milligrams of sodium
- Why It’s Great: It contains no sweeteners and sugar alcohols but crunchy cashews and creamy butter with nuts.
Best for Women
- Price: $14.99
- Description: 1 CANDY BAR (36 grams); 180 calories, 8 grams of proteins, 12 grams of carbs (7 grams of sugar, 2 grams of fiber), 12 grams of fat (2.5 grams of saturated fat), 40 milligrams of sodium
- Why It’s Great: A good source of plant-based protein, minerals, e.g., iron, zinc, and essential fatty acids, is necessary for female health. Zinc reduces menstrual pain and, alongside magnesium, corrects hormonal imbalance, maintains androgen levels (testosterone), aids in the formation of thyroid hormone, smoothing the skin, and eases the body’s response to stress. Magnesium helps in insulin regulation, thereby balancing the blood glucose level and keeping bones healthy.
Paleo Protein Candy Bar
- Price: $28.99
- Description: 1 CANDY BAR (43 grams) contains 150 calories, 8 grams of protein, 7 grams of carbs (5 grams of sugar, less than 1 gram of fiber), 10 grams of fat (4 grams of saturated fat), 560 milligrams of sodium
- Why It’s Great: These Gluten-free candy bars are from hormone-free pork.
Keep in Mind: Protein Bars are Not Always Good for You
Protein bars are not popular as healthy protein bars because of numerous reasons such as;
- The presence of greater than 10 grams of sugar alcohols causes abdominal discomfort
- Protein sources that are not from whole foods
- A high amount of fats from inflammatory vegetable oils
- Presence of synthetic sweeteners
The following are not healthy protein bars to lose weight
- ThinkThin Chocolate Strawberry
- Nature Valley Coconut Almond Protein Chewy Bars
- Simply Protein Bars
- Zone Perfect Nutrition Bar Dark Chocolate Almond
- QuestBar Protein Bar Cookies and Cream Flavour
- Pure Protein Chocolate Peanut Butter
The appropriate choice of candy bars and healthy protein bars varies depending on your needs. The criteria above and the compiled list serve as a guide for choosing healthy protein bars to lose weight. This will serve as a healthy snack while providing you with an adequate amount of nutrients and ingredients.
As an Amazon Associate INQUIRER.net will earn from qualifying purchases.