LOOK: Sans Rival recipe from Goldilocks Bakebook
SANS RIVAL Recipe with Sansrival Syrup and Sansrival Icing Recipe:
Meringue (Makes 160 grams):
Ground Cashew – ¾ cup
Chopped Cashew – ½ cup
All-purpose Flour, unsifted — ¼ cup
Egg whites – Egg whites of 6 large eggs
Cream of Tartar – 1 tsp
Sugar – 1 cup
Preheat oven 300° F
- Lightly brush four – 8” round pans with shortening. Line the bottom with parchment paper then set aside.
- Combine the ground cashew, chopped cashew and all-purpose flour in a bowl. Mix well until blended. Set aside.
- Combine egg whites and cream of tartar in a mixing bowl with wire whip attachment. Mix at medium speed for 1 minute while gradually adding the sugar.
- Switch to high speed and continue beating the egg whites for approximately 4 minutes until medium peaks are formed.
- Fold-in the flour mixture into the egg white mixture using the cut-and-fold method until all ingredients are well blended.
- Equally distribute the mixture onto the prepared pans and spread evenly using a small offset spatula.
- Bake the meringue in the center of the oven for 50 to 55 minutes or until dry.
- When the meringue shells are baked, immediately invert to another parchment paper. Peel off parchment paper from the bottom and allow to cool. Set aside.
Sansrival Syrup Recipe:
Ingredients – Measurement:
Sugar – ¾ cup
Water – ¼ cup
Egg Yolks – Egg yolks of 6 large eggs
Vanilla Extract – 1/8 tsp
- Combine water and sugar in a heavy bottom saucepan.
- Clip a candy thermometer on the side of the saucepan.
- Set the saucepan over low fire and allow the syrup to cook to 240° F (soft ball stage).
- When the syrup reaches 200° F, combine the egg yolks and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl with wire whip attachment. Beat for 8 to 10 minutes at high speed.
- Remove pan from heat when the syrup reaches 240°F. Reset mixer to low speed and gently pour the syrup over the beaten egg yolks. Mix until all of the syrup has been added.
- Transfer the sansrival syrup to another container and then allow it to cool before to freezing and storing.
Sansrival Icing Recipe:
Ingredients – Measurements:
Butter, unsalted (cubed and softened) – 1 ½ cup
Sansrival syrup – 2 cups
- Place butter in a mixing bowl with a paddle attachment. Cream butter at low speed until soft and blended. Occasionally scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl.
- Switch the mixer to medium speed and continue creaming until volume increases.
- Reset mixer to low speed and add Sansrival syrup. Continue mixing until mixture is light in color and smooth in consistency. Set aside.