Look: Ensaymada recipe from Goldilocks Bakebook
Ingredients – Measurement:
Instant Yeast – 2 tsp
Water – 2/3 cup
All-purpose Flour, sifted – 3 ¾ cups
Sugar – 1/3 cup
Salt – 2 tsp
Eggs – 3 large eggs
Evaporated Milk – ¼ cup
Butter, Unsalted – 1/3 cup
Butter unsalted, creamed
Cheddar cheese, grated
Pre-Heat oven to 325° F
- Dissolve yeast in 1/3 part of water. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl with dough hook or flat beater attachment, place the sifted all-purpose flour, sugar and salt. Mix at low speed until incorporated.
- Add the dissolved yeast, remaining water, eggs and evaporated milk. Mix for 2 minutes at low speed then mix at medium speed for approximately 4 minutes.
- Add unsalted butter and continue mixing until gluten is slightly developed.
- Transfer the dough in greased bowl and cover with plastic.
- Let the dough rest for about 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Punch down the dough and divide it into pieces weighing 60 grams each.
- Let the dough rest for 15 minutes then cover with plastic sheet to prevent from drying.
- Roll out the piece thinly into 8” x 5” rectangles. Brush surface with butter.
- Roll into a long rod and twirl into shape, locking ends to seal.
- Place each piece in a greased ensaymada molder.
- Let the dough rise until it doubles in size. (Approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes at room temperature)
- Bake for 17 minutes or until golden in color.
- Let the bread cool then remove it from molder.
- Brush the top of each ensaymada with creamed butter and sprinkle with grated cheese and sugar.
Ingredients may be mixed by hand. Be sure that all ingredients are incorporated well and the gluten must be developed.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.