Fil-Ams to help jumpstart PH breakthroughs with cutting edge U.S. technologies
(1st in a series) – Elon Musk, the world’s richest man, has shown how thinking big with new technologies can transform a whole industry and the world, overnight. From 3,000 vehicles in 2012 to 3 million electric vehicles produced by Tesla, a remarkable 1,000x growth rate in ten years, the visionary billionaire proved that transformational technologies can rapidly succeed in what may initially seem impossible.
Using similar principles to jumpstart and create rapid change in the Philippines, a team of Filipino Americans from Quantum Global, inked an MOU (Memorandum of Understanding) with the United Nations Affiliate of International Affairs for Economic Development and Finance for Peace. This spearheads U.S. technology-transformational projects like:
- Waste-to-Energy – Zero Pollution Technology
- Unlimited Fresh Water: Desalination & Reclamation Tech
- HOST: High Orbit Satellite Telecoms
- Fiberboard Rice Stalk Manufacturing & Export
- Manufacture & Export of Durable Infrastructure Products from 100% Plastics Recycling. Zero Toxic Waste.
- Integrated Battery-EV-Robotics Terra Factory and manufacturing EcoSystem. The Philippines is the natural global epicenter for the vertically integrated Bat-EV-Bot Revolution.
The Philippines is leveraging its HIMS advantage in Human-Infrastructure-Mineral Strategic resources:
1) HUMAN. Abundant supply of quality world class workers.
2) INFRASTRUCTURE. Subic and Clark, former US naval and air bases provide existing infrastructure forrapid ramp-up of mega factories and its ecosystem. Integrated government support provide the facilitation for attractive land lease and tax incentives.
3) MINERAL. Global reserves in nickel (2nd largest), copper (4th largest), Cobalt, Iron (300 million metric tons), magnetite sand/lahar, provides the foundation for rapid vertical integration.
The Philippine geo-political position and central location straddles the east and west. It strategically provides a central manufacturing-logistics hub that efficiently services the majority of the global population, with the countries in the Pacific and Indian oceans.
The action plan is for the Fil-Ams to work as an Integrator of cutting edge technologies in the Philippines, and be guided by the United Nations Global Goals for Sustainable Development.
It is noteworthy that the Philippines is seen by economists as a global economic power in the next 30 years. Surprisingly for some, this is grounded in the country’s population growth. The country today has a population of 115,000,000 and more than half are below 25 years old.
Interestingly, Elon Musk has the view that the depopulation of our planet is the biggest existential threat of our time. Elon says that he is helping populate the planet with his 10 children from four mothers. The Philippines, for its part, is leading in the population increase that can help alleviate the extinction birth rates in many developed countries.
Jorge “Jerry” Perez de Tagle, PhD, lives in the US and the Philippines. He is an author, a change management practitioner and a thought leader in the private and public sector. He taught at Syracuse University, New York and has his PhD in Social Change, Honoris Causa, and Candidacy in Organization Development. [email protected]