How to Play Netflix Games
If you think Netflix is only for watching series and movies, think again! The global streaming platform now offers a games library for iOS and Android devices. You can try them now if your smartphone meets the minimum requirements!
You might be wondering why the Netflix app would provide a different form of media. Yet, video games could be a new source of revenue for Netflix if it succeeds. Perhaps you should try these games to see how well they would do.
We will start by discussing how to install Netflix games on Apple and Android phones. After that, we will go through its current games library. Later, you will see the minimum specifications needed to play games on Netflix.
Install Netflix games on iOS
- Scroll down from the home screen to find the Netflix Games section.
- Then, choose a game and tap Get Game to open the Apple App Store.
- Tap Get or choose the Cloud icon.
- Afterward, your game will download and install.
- Once the download finishes, you can find the game under the Netflix Games section.
- Your game will start using the primary profile in your Netflix account. Tap the Profile icon in the game if you want to choose a different one.
Installing Netflix games via the Android app
- Open the Netflix app.
- Swipe down from the home screen to find the Netflix Games row. Alternatively, you may tap the Games tab.
- Next, choose a title, then tap Get Game.
- The Google Play Store should have opened. Then, tap Install. You may encounter a Permissions screen depending on your device settings. Tap Accept if it happens to you.
- Your game should now download and install. Afterward, tap Open. You can find the mobile games under the Netflix Games section of the app. Also, you could see it on your device’s home screen.
- Pick a profile and start playing your Netflix game!
Install Netflix games via Google Play Store
- Open the Google Play Store and search for the mobile games you want. Otherwise, search “Netflix Games.”
- Choose a game from the search results, then tap Install. If you encounter a Permissions screen, pick Accept.
- That action should install your Netflix mobile games. After the download completes, select Open. You can find your mobile games under the Games section of the app. You could also find it on your device’s home screen or app drawer.
- Once the prompt appears, tap Continue and sign in with your Netflix account’s email address and password.
- Afterward, pick a profile and start playing.
Requirements for Netflix Games
You might lack the necessary specs if you cannot find the Games row. Meet these requirements to play its free mobile games:
- If you are using an Android phone or tablet, it should have Android 8.0 or later.
- If you use an iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch, it should run iOS or iPad OS 15 or later.
- Also, you will need an active Netflix subscription.
- You must have an internet connection to download and install games on mobile devices.
- Moreover, you need sufficient storage space for the games.
- Note that some games have additional requirements. Moreover, they are not available for Kids profiles. Check their maturity ratings before downloading.
Available games on Netflix
- Arcanium: Rise of Akhan
- Asphalt Xtreme
- Before Your Eyes
- Bowling Ballers
- Card Blast
- Dominoes Café
- Dungeon Dwarves
- Dragon Up
- Exploding Kittens
- Hextech Mayhem: A League of Legends Story
- Into the Breach
- Into the Dead 2: Unleashed
- Krispee Street
- Mahjong Solitaire
- Relic Hunters: Rebels
- Shatter Remastered
- Shooting Hoops
- Stranger Things: 1984
- Stranger Things 3: The Game
- Teeter (Up)
- This is a True Story
- Townsmen – A Kingdom Rebuilt
- Wonderputt Forever
The best games on the Netflix app
Netflix announced the release of its games library six months ago, so it does not have many titles. Yet, it offers great mobile games without ads, extra fees, or in-app purchases.
Would you believe these are exclusive for Netflix subscribers? Still, playing games with your Netflix profile might be odd. Perhaps these recommendations can help you start playing games on Netflix:
- Moonlighter – Typical role-playing games involve selling enemies’ loots to buy new equipment from stores. Instead of playing as the hero, you enter the shoes of the shopkeeper. You restock your stock by hunting monsters while managing your burgeoning item store.
- Hextech Mayhem – Did you recently watch the Arcane series? You cannot find other Netflix shows about the League of Legends universe, but you could play this game. You play as the LoL champion Heimerdinger as he throws bombs at targets.
- Stranger Things: 1984 – This title puts you in the shoes of Hopper as you find the four kids from the series. It works like the old NES games like Earthbound, so it is an exciting option for Stranger Things fans and RPG lovers.
- Into The Breach – This game lets you pilot giant robots, taking turns to attack enemies. This turn-based strategy title involves carefully positioning your units and choosing the right upgrades.
You can now play video games with Netflix. Android users can download and install them from the app or the Play Store. They are also available on Apple devices via the App Store.
We can expect more games as the service continues. Perhaps one day, you could play with your Netflix profile on other gadgets, not just iOS devices and Android tablets.
Try something different by playing these games on your mobile device. Maybe you will find your new favorite on the expanding Netflix game page.
Frequently asked questions
How do you use Netflix gaming?
You may access the feature on the iOS app. If you are using an Android device, you can download and install games from the app or the Store.
Can you play Netflix games for free?
You can play games on if your device meets the requirements. Also, you will need an active subscription. Some games may have additional requirements.
Why can’t I find games on Netflix?
If you want to play games on Netflix, make sure your device meets the requirements. Moreover, ensure that you are not using a Kids profile.