Close  
  • share this

WATCH: Dog hungry for pancakes accidentally starts fire

/ 06:03 PM February 07, 2018


If you think only humans can build a fire, think again.

One hungry dog wanted his pancakes so bad that he accidentally started a fire, as shown in a video footage from the Southwick Fire Department, posted on its Facebook page on Jan. 31.

ADVERTISEMENT

The video featured two golden retrievers in a Massachusetts home looking for something to eat while their owners were away. One of the craving pooches managed to snatch some leftover pancakes, unintentionally turning on the ignition button on the gas stove, the post read.

Minutes later, the fire grew and smoke started to fill the room. The dogs, obviously having no idea what was going on, even lounged on the couch. Later, one of the dogs got off, leaving the other dog comfortably seated still, as if totally in denial of the fire.

FEATURED STORIES

Luckily, firefighters and police came in time to rescue the dogs. The home was “connected to a monitored alarm system calling responders [and] saving severe damage.”

The fire department reminded the public, “If you have pets or young children in the home, look into safety covers for your stove controls.” JB

RELATED STORIES: 

Call of the wild: Cop responds to disturbance stirred by distressed parrot

Pet parrot goes online shopping

ADVERTISEMENT
Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.
View comments

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: alarm, dogs, fire, golden retriever, Massachusetts, pancakes
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.



© Copyright 1997-2019 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.