Easy Alfredo sauce recipe to try
Whenever you think of pasta recipes, the easy Alfredo sauce never slips away from your list. We won’t be surprised as this sauce is a perfect partner to that big bowl of pasta.
What’s more, to love is that an easy Alfredo sauce is so easy to prepare, it’ll just take 5-10 minutes to cook. Although there is bottled ready-to-go Alfredo sauce on groceries, nothing can beat your homemade easy Alfredo sauce recipe. Never settle for less!
What are the ingredients for Alfredo sauce?
Before we go down to the sauce recipes, let’s wind down to what makes your easy Alfredo sauce a delicious recipe – its ingredients! For someone who loves Alfredo sauce, knowing a great recipe with complete ingredients is the key to whip up this easy Alfredo sauce on your favorite pasta. Here are the common ingredients to create that delicious bunch of white sauces.
Common Ingredients of Alfredo sauce/Fettuccine Alfredo
- Cream – for a richer and creamier flavor, heavy cream is used other than whipping cream.
- Cheese – aside from your parmesan cheese, Gruyere and Romano cheeses are also a good addition
- Fettuccine – the perfect pasta for your easy Alfredo recipe
- Parmigiano Reggiano – the star of the show as this is the ultimate source of the flavor of every Alfredo sauce recipe
- Garlic – for best flavoring, always use fresh garlic and mince it
- Butter – salted butter or unsalted will work best
Easy Alfredo Sauce recipes
Are you trying to achieve that rich, creamy, and flavorful, easy Alfredo sauce? We’ll be sharing many easy Alfredo sauce recipes, even that famous Alfredo sauce with garlic parmesan flavor.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
- One clove of garlic (crushed or minced)
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
How to cook:
- In medium-low heat, melt butter in your saucepan.
- Pour cream and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add in garlic and cheese, then whisk swiftly.
- Mix in parsley and serve hot.
TIP: To achieve that ultra-creamy sauce for your easy Alfredo sauce, use freshly grated parmesan cheese. This is to avoid your sauce from getting grainy. Skip on using the grated parmesan cheese on a container that you can buy on groceries.
Related Article: How to Make Fried Rice
Alfredo sauce with cream cheese recipe
- Heavy cream
- Cream cheese
- Garlic powder
- Minced garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Italian seasoning
- Grated parmesan cheese
How to cook:
- Mix in your butter and cream and cream cheese on a saucepan. Whisk until melted over medium heat.
- Stir in minced garlic, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Whisk quickly until smooth.
- Add the freshly shredded parmesan cheese.
- Let it simmer for 3-5 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Mix with your fave pasta.
Grilled Chicken Alfredo Recipe
For marinating the chicken:
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar or freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Vegetable oil for oiling the grill
- Two skinless, boneless chicken breasts
For the easy Alfredo sauce:
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Black pepper (grounded)
- Two cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- Fettuccine pasta
- Freshly chopped Parsley
How to cook:
Preparing the marinated chicken:
- Toss in all the ingredients for the marinade in a zip-lock plastic bag.
- Add the chicken breast and make sure it’s fully coated.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or leave it there for 24 hrs.
Grilling the chicken:
- Preheat your grill on high heat with the lid closed for 15 minutes or until very hot. With your paper towels and tongs, soak in vegetable oil and wipe the grates to prevent sticking.
- On medium heat, grill the chicken for 6-8 minutes. Turn and continue cooking for an additional 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
- Cover the chicken with foil. Let it rest there for 15 minutes once it’s cool. Slice before adding to your Alfredo sauce.
To cook your sauce:
- In a medium saucepan, melt your butter over medium heat. Pour broth, milk, and garlic into your saucepan. Whisk a little and season with salt and pepper. Let it simmer.
- Mix in heavy cream and Parmesan cheese. Let it simmer until Alfredo sauce thickens.
- Turn off heat and mix in sliced grilled chicken.
- Toss in your pasta and garnish with parsley.
Related Article: Best Mac and Cheese Recipe
More Alfredo recipes to come
Shrimp Alfredo Pasta
- 1 lb or 3/4 kg of shrimp (deveined and peeled)
- 1 onion
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Salt and pepper
- Dash of paprika
- Fettuccine or Penne pasta
- Freshly chopped parsley
How to cook:
- Cook fettuccine or penne pasta in salted water. Cook according to how many minutes were indicated on the packaging.
- Sprinkle salt, paprika, and pepper on the shrimp.
- On a large skillet, add 1 tbsp of oil over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add shrimp and cook 1-2 minutes per side or until fully cooked. Remove and set aside.
- On the same skillet, add butter on medium heat. Stir in onion and saute until golden. Add garlic and saute,
- Pour in white wine while scraping the bottom of the pan to deglaze.
- Add in cream and simmer for 2 minutes. Mix in parmesan cheese and continue stirring until smooth and creamy. Turn off heat.
- Add paprika and salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in cooked shrimp and pasta. Garnish with fresh parsley.
What can I use instead of heavy cream in Alfredo sauce?
Let’s dig in a bit to Alfredo sauce’s history! We put this creamy and oh-so-delicious easy Alfredo sauce in our pasta or baked chicken recipe, started as a simple fettuccine dish. Along with its creaminess is its simple history of Alfredo’s wife having cravings.
Alfredo has a pregnant wife, and to satisfy her unique cravings at that time, Alfredo whips up a fettuccine dish with a triple dose of butter and cheese. While the popular easy Alfredo recipe comprises cream, you can try this dish without cream but with substitutes. Scroll down to learn the substitutes to cream if you want to skip using it.
As your pasta boils, there’s enough starch produced to mix with your butter and create a creamy sauce. To achieve this, boil your pasta with two sticks of butter, and let it boil.
Once cooked, drain water and add freshly shredded parmesan cheese. Place over low-medium heat until the sauce is creamy.
Using whole milk will give you a creamier sauce on your easy Alfredo sauce. Though you can also use skim milk for your sauce, you can also use reconstituted powdered milk or evaporated milk.
Combining dairy products
You can try mixing plain yogurt with cottage cheese and just season it with lemon zest, garlic, and black pepper. Use a blender for an even richer texture. Sour cream mixed with broth is also a great substitute for cream.
To achieve the sauce thickness you’re aiming for, just add 1 tbsp of cornstarch and simmer over low heat until thick.
Instead of using butter, use olive oil or soy margarine on your easy Alfredo sauce. Then use unsweetened almond milk or unsweetened soy instead of heavy cream.
Make a roux by combining 2-3 tablespoons of flour with white wine or vegetable stock. Add the soy or almond milk in replacement of cream, and simmer until thickened.
It’s usually our comfort foods that we do crave the most. While there are complex recipes, there are tons of quick and easy recipes you can try whenever you’re craving.
Like the easy Alfredo recipe we’ve posted a few paragraphs ago, it won’t take much of your time preparing it. Remember always to add a bit more of the recommended measurements. This way, you can still keep some of the Alfredo sauce in your fridge.