10 rainy season bare essentials for your PH trip
Many first-time travelers to the Philippines often experience discomfort because of its fickle tropical climate, especially with the rainy season almost coming into full swing. It’s necessary to have the basic gear or items needed if you wish to enjoy your trip to the fullest. Here’s a quick-and-easy must-have checklist for a fun and hassle-free rainy day adventures in the archipelago:
- Mini flashlight/ headlamp in case of a stormy power shortage, which is often a thing.
- Sunscreen and sunglasses usually make a great combo when traveling in a tropical country.
- Insect repellant, because rainy season is the perfect time for mosquito breeding.
- Bag covers/water repellant bags because rainfall in the Philippines can range from a mild shower to a pelting deluge. Don’t let the rain spoil your travel essentials and adventures.
- Raincoats or rain shells work for two of the country’s weather types – hot and rainy. While raincoats may seem like a chore to pack, getting drenched during a sudden downpour can really put a damper on your travel schedules and plans. If your jacket is well insulated, it can also do wonders for chilly bus rides, freezing travel flights and the cold air of Baguio, Tagaytay, and Sagada.
- Rash guards, because when you’re in an island archipelago of 7,641 islands known for the hot, sunny weather, getting a sunburn while island hopping or splashing in the cool waters is often unavoidable.
- Pants instead of shorts in a hot and humid country? Why not! Packing lightweight, quick-dry, and comfortable pairs can act as added skin protection against insects and UV rays. It’s always important to keep function over fashion in mind, especially for those who aren’t used to the Philippine weather.
- Dry bag to store all your gadgets and non-waterproof gear. Hopping from island to island means more sea-based travels and nothing is more important than keeping your things safe from dust, dirt, and sea water. You can even use it as a makeshift pillow on-the-go.
- Antibacterial sanitizers and wet wipes always come in handy during travels for easy clean up on the go before meals and after handling dirty things. Not all public restrooms come with tissues, toilet sheets so it’s also a handy way to freshen up after a quick pit stop.
- Zip plastic bags are a handy, all-around tool that can be used to isolate wet items or keep travel essentials waterproof. Apart from being perfect item organizers, these travel must-haves can also act as a camera poncho, an improvised waterproof wallet, and even as storage for wet or dirty items when traveling. Always be prepared and carry a few zip plastic bags wherever your journeys take you.
Each item holds a special role for your Philippine journey, whether you arrive on a bright sunny day or you land to a cool shower. It pays to be prepared, especially if Mother Nature has a hard time deciding whether a rain cloud or the sun’s shiny rays suit the theme of the day.
Mango Tours is a provider of quality, affordable and convenient travel services that include low-priced airline tickets, customized Philippine and International Tour Packages, Cruises, Land Transfers, and more.Visit www.mangotours.com to know more about its latest promos and travel offers.