Apple Releases iOS 12.2 Beta
Apple’s imminent iOS 12.2 beta 3 update was released to everyone in its public beta software program on the 20th of February 2019.
iOS 12.2 comes with subtle but distinct changes. Some of these changes include:
- Hardware device model name is now listed on the “about” screen, in settings app
- Date is properly displayed on the lock screen
- The apple behind “Apple News” is omitted. It’s now “News” instead
- Remote tile made suitable for Apple TVs and HomeKit TVs
- More buttons included in Wallet application details
- Auto-play of music videos in full screen is no longer available
- Group Facetime is re-activated
- Display of charge indicator on the lock screen, due to a particular bug, has been repaired.
At last Apple includes an update to Siri up to the third iOS 12.2 Beta. The digital assistant will adapt to your phone usage habits by suggesting “Today at Apple” sessions, based on the data garnered from the apps you use and the sites you visit.
For example, Siri suggests an art session to an Iphone user who uses design apps, or a wellness session to those interested in health and fitness. However, you can adjust Siri’s behaviour through Settings > Siri & Search > Apple Store.
Updates from past iOS 12.2 betas were also included, and will most likely make it to the last release.
In addition to the afore-mentioned updates and changes, the new release has: four animoji characters (a boar, giraffe, owl, and shark), more security options in Safari, news support for Canada in two different languages– French and English, Airplay 2, and HomeKit support for smart TVs (third-party).
Downloading Procedures for iOS 12.2 Beta 3
Members of Apple’s beta software program can download the new iOS 12.2 Beta 3 on iOS devices as an over-the-air update with the required certificate. However, you have to be a registered member before you can test the latest release.
To join the program and access the new release, click here.
From our experience, beta software comes with bugs. So, it’s better you don’t download, install, and use the update on your personal driver. If you’ve got no other choice, back up your device, just in case the software test goes wrong.