Kylie Jenner Ramen Recipe: Is It Good?
Kylie Jenner is a famous American media personality, and she’s also influenced millions to try her now-famous “Kylie Jenner ramen recipe.” With over 77 million social media followers, it is easy to see why anything she posts instantly goes viral.
In 2016, she went on TikTok and posted a picture of her ramen noodles recipe. In the video, she adds garlic powder, onion powder, butter, and egg to increase the flavor of her instant ramen noodles.
Her ramen recipe did not take long to trend on various social media platforms. I figured it would not be a bad idea to try out this viral recipe – surprisingly, it tastes delicious.
Tired of eating regular ramen as we know it? Read on to learn everything you need to know about Kylie Jenner’s ramen recipe.
How to Make Kylie Jenner’s Ramen Recipe
This recipe is straightforward to prepare, and in less than 10 minutes, you are set to enjoy your meal. You will need the following ingredients to start preparing Kylie Jenner’s Ramen.
- One instant ramen noodle pack (chicken or beef).
- One cup of boiling water.
- One tablespoon of butter.
- One teaspoon of garlic powder
- One beaten egg.
Though Kylie Jenner did not specify the flavor of the ramen noodles she made, my favorite is chicken-flavored ramen, so I used that. You, on the other hand, can use any flavor you prefer.
Now that you have all your ingredients in place, let us get down to cooking;
Cook the ramen according to package instructions. (While the ramen is cooking, crack open the egg into a bowl, beat properly with a fork, and set this aside).
Get a saucepan and add the ramen once it is ready. Add more water (a tablespoon or two) and boil gently.
Now, set your cooker to medium heat. Then add the garlic powder and butter and stir until everything is evenly distributed.
Add the beaten egg and cook for one additional minute.
Finally, serve your steaming hot ramen in a bowl and enjoy!
What Kind of Ramen Does Kylie Jenner Use?
When Kylie took her ramen recipe to her TikTok page, it went viral immediately. It may have occurred to some people to ask, what kind of ramen she used for her recipe? None of us knew, and it did not matter if it was chicken ramen, pork ramen, beef ramen, etc. Her followers just wanted to have a go at her recipe.
I tried mine with chicken ramen because it is my favorite. Kylie probably made hers with a flavor she prefers. It does not matter which flavor you choose to make Kylie Jenner’s ramen recipe – it will still taste fantastic.
And if you are feeling adventurous, there is no harm in exploring the variety of ramen flavors in the market.
What else can I add to ramen?
Sticking to the recipe printed on the instant ramen package can sometimes be boring. Thankfully you can add several things to your ramen to make it taste even better.
Here is a list of some things you can add to ramen:
- Green onions – Amongst the many things you can add to your ramen, green onions are the most accessible addition. They are fresh and pack many flavors, and also gives your ramen bowl an appealing look.
- Sesame seeds – You should try adding some sesame seeds to your ramen for additional color and texture.
- Peanut butter – A tablespoon of peanut butter makes your ramen creamy.
- Miso paste – This is a classic ingredient to add to your ramen, rich in flavor and palatable.
- Hoisin sauce – With a tiny drop of hoisin sauce, you will instantly improve the taste of any ramen dish. It is more like a barbecue sauce but a lot richer and saltier.
- Dashi – Dashi gives your ramen a fish stock flavor. It is extra lovely and tasty.
- Cheese – If you love mac and cheese, you should try adding some slices of American cheese to your ramen.
- Pork belly – Pork belly, also known as chasu is very rich in flavor and a perfect pair for ramen.
- Brown sugar – If you like caramel-flavored sweetness, add one or two teaspoons of brown sugar to your noodles.
- Fresh vegetables – Mushrooms, broccoli florets, sliced bell pepper, and a few other vegetables are a perfect addition to your ramen dish. Always use fresh ones.
- Bok choy – you can throw in a few slices of Bok choy about two minutes before your ramen is ready.
- You can also make homemade ramen seasoning, which is very easy to make and an excellent addition to ramen.
Kylie Jenner’s ramen recipe is the perfect upgrade from regular instant noodles. It was surprisingly tastier than I expected, and I hope to try this recipe again. Moreso, there is so much you can do to make your ramen taste better. I plan to try as many as possible, and you should too!