Best Christmas Appetizers
The Christmas season is a time for family, friends, and food. If you’re looking for some ideas for delicious appetizers to serve your guests this year, look no further!
In this article, we’ll share some of the best Christmas appetizers that are both easy to make and festive-looking. From bacon-wrapped dates to roasted artichokes, we’ve got you covered! So read on and get inspired to start cooking.
5 Best Christmas Appetizers of 2022
Check out these delicious and easy to make appetizers for your holiday party. These are perfect for a pre-dinner snack or with drinks before you sit down to dinner on Christmas day.
Pigs in a Blanket Wreath
Like the communal meals enjoyed by Ethiopians, the pigs in a blanket wreath meal fosters unity among family members. This meal captures everyone’s attention and keeps them craving more.
It takes 15 to 20 minutes to bake the meal but overall, it takes 30-35 minutes to prepare.
What You Need to Prepare Pigs in a Blanket Wreath
The ingredients needed to prepare the pigs in a blanket wreath include; four tablespoons of Dijon mustard, one tube of refrigerated crescent rolls, about 24 mini hot dogs, two tablespoons of poppy seeds, egg wash, rosemary sprigs (for aesthetics purposes), and Ketchup.
How to Prepare Pigs in a Blanket Wreath
- To keep your meal safe from the danger zone (bacteria hub) and get rid of all microbes, preheat your oven to 375 Fahrenheit.
- Cover your large baking pan using parchment paper.
- Cut the crescent rolls such that each slice has a triangular shape.
- Align the short hot dog on the wider part of the triangle and roll it up.
- Place the pigs in the blanket beside one another in a way that they form a circle on the baking sheet. Ensure they are placed side by side.
- Leave the uncooked meal in the oven for about 15 to 0 minutes. Ensure the color of the crescent is golden. Leave it to cool for another 20 minutes.
- Decorate the meal with rosemary sprigs. Place the rosemary sprigs around the pigs and put a bowl of ketchup in the center.
Pull-Apart Christmas Tree
If you love super-cheesy appetizers, the pull-apart Christmas tree is your best choice. Like pigs in a blanket wreath, a pull-apart Christmas tree gives your family the spirit of oneness and an unforgettable Christmas experience.
A combination of pizza dough and string cheese can’t do any wrong in the eyes of many, and it is one of the best Christmas appetizers for your family and guests during the holiday season.
Within 40 minutes, the pull-apart Christmas tree is bite-ready. The meal requires an average prep time of 20 minutes and a cook time of 20 minutes.
What You Need to Prepare Pull-Apart Christmas Tree
The ingredients you need to prepare a pull-apart Christmas tree include; Egg wash, one pound of refrigerated pizza dough, seven mozzarella sticks, four tablespoons of melted butter, and half a cup of finely grated Parmesan
How to Prepare Pull-Apart Christmas Tree
- Don’t forget to preheat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place a sizable baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Gently slice the mozzarella sticks one by one (1″ pieces) and keep them somewhere tidy and safe.
- Cut the pizza dough into two pieces using a suitable floured surface.
- Have it in mind that the goal is to cut the dough into 33 pieces. Then, Expand and roll every dough piece into a lengthy rectangle and divide them into 2″ squares.
- Place the mozzarella piece into a dough square and wrap it until a closed ball.
- Arrange the balls on the baking sheet with the Christmas tree shape in mind. Ensure the balls are touching.
- Polish the dough balls using the egg wash prepared earlier. Then bake for 15- 20 minutes until you notice a golden color.
- Add parmesan, melted butter, and herbs all at once to give it a festive feel. Don’t forget to serve with marinara.
Enough of carbs; let’s get some meat. Bacon-wrapped dates are a must-consume for every home this Christmas. The delicious combination of crisp bacon and creamy goat cheese can do the heavy lifting of awakening your tastebuds and getting the family ready for the feast.
So far, the bacon-wrapped dates take the most time to prepare. Set aside about one hour to prepare and bake this meal.
What You Need to Prepare Bacon-Wrapped Dates
Below is a full list of the ingredients needed to pull off this Christmas appetizer.
Four ounces of crumbled goat cheese, twelve slices bacon, four tablespoons of maple syrup, 1.725 mg of crushed red pepper flakes, one tablespoon of finely diced rosemary, 1.725 mg of freshly ground black pepper, and 24 large Medjool dates, pitted.
How to Prepare Bacon-Wrapped Dates
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Then, line your baking sheet using parchment and install a wire rack.
- Cut open one side of the dates and insert a little volume of cheese in between.
- Cover every date with a piece of bacon and ensure the extremes align beneath the date.
- Rest the dates on the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes until you can see the bacon fat coming out.
- Prepare a small bowl of maple syrup mixture containing black pepper, maple syrup, red pepper flakes, and rosemary.
- Then, polish every date with the mixture.
- Keep baking for 15- 20 minutes until the bacon is crispy.
Crispy Skillet Carrot Latkes
Unlike other Christmas appetizers we’ve discussed earlier, the crispy skillet carrot latkes have more calories and fiber. The easy-to-prepare meal keeps the good energy flowing until the feast is ready. It’s also a healthy choice for people who prefer “greener” food items.
It takes about 1 hr 5 mins to prepare this meal.
What You Need to Prepare Crispy Skillet Carrot Latkes
- Two medium onions or one large one.
- One cup of matzo meal
- Four tablespoons of olive oil
- Two tablespoons of lemon juice
- Two tablespoons of sour cream
- One bulb fennel
- Thinly sliced on mandolin and fronds for serving.
- Two large eggs
- Kosher salt and pepper
- One pound of carrots carrots
- One pound of medium russet potatoes
- Half a tablespoon of coriander seeds, crushed
- Four tablespoons of Castelvetrano olives, pitted, cracked, and roughly chopped
- Four tablespoons of parsley
- One scallion
How to Prepare Crispy Skillet Carrot Latkes
- Peel the carrots, onions, and potatoes.
- Crush the coriander seeds if they are in their whole forms.
- Chop the parsley and castelvetrano olives.
- To kill the germs from previous foods, heat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put eight skillets on the baking sheets and insert them into the oven.
- Mix the two large eggs, one teaspoon of salt, and a quarter of a teaspoon of pepper in a large bowl.
- Grate the peeled carrots, onions, and potatoes using a food processor. Then, add the egg mixture and toss to mix.
- Introduce the matzo meal into the mixture and mix.
- Add half a tablespoon oil to the skillets and equally share the latke mixture among them.
- Roast the skillets for 15 minutes until you notice a golden brown color and crisp beneath them.
- Flip the latkes and roast for another 5 minutes to ensure that all parts are done.
- Get another large bowl and prepare a mixture of lemon juice and half a teaspoon of salt, pepper, and sour cream. With fennel and coriander, toss to coat.
- Once the appetizers are ready, toss fennel slaw with olives plus scallion.
If you are a vegetarian or just love energizing your stomach with healthy appetizers before dinner, roasted artichokes are a great option. Judging by our list, roasted artichokes are the easiest to prepare, and they’re one of the most delicious Christmas appetizers you could make.
Within 10 minutes, your roasted artichokes are ready.
What You Need to Prepare the Roasted Artichokes
- Two tablespoons of olive oil.
- Two 14-ounce cans of artichoke hearts.
- Half lemon.
- One tablespoon of fresh thyme leaves.
- Kosher salt and pepper.
How to Prepare Roasted Artichokes
- As usual, heat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ensure the artichoke hearts are halved and patted very dry.
- Apply the olive oil on the rimmed baking sheet and place the artichokes on the sheet orderly.
- Roast in the oven for 10-12 minutes until you detect a golden brown color.
- Scrape off the lemon on the artichokes. Then sprinkle with a quarter teaspoon of salt, pepper, and thyme and toss to mix.
Best Christmas Appetizers – Final Thoughts
There’s an endless list of appetizers to choose from; however, these are the best Christmas appetizers. These appetizers bring the family together and make the experience memorable.