LOOK: Taisan Cake recipe from the Goldilocks Bakebook
Ingredients – Measurements:
Egg Yolk side:
Cake Flour, sifted – 1 cup + 4 tbsp
Baking Powder – 1 tsp
Salt – ½ tsp
Egg Yolks – Egg Yolks of 4 large eggs
Vanilla Extract – ½ tsp
Sugar – ¼ cup
Evaporated Milk – ¼ cup
Water – 1 ½ tbsp.
Butter, unsalted (melted) – ½ tbsp.
Corn oil – ¼ cup
Egg white side:
Egg whites – Egg whites of 6 large eggs
Cream of Tartar – ¼ tsp
Sugar – ½ cup
Pre-heat over to 325 F with steam
- Grease loaf pan (7” x 3”) with whipped butter and line with parchment paper.
- Sift all dry ingredients and set aside.
- Combine all liquid ingredients in a mixing bowl using paddle attachment. Mix at low speed until all ingredients are blended.
- Add dry ingredients and continue mixing for 2 minutes until batter is smooth. Scrape once in a while. Set aside.
- Beat egg whites, cream of tartar and sugar using wire whisk and mix for 1 minute at low speed.
- Increase to medium speed for 4-5 minutes or until it medium peaks.
- Fold egg yolk mixture to whipped egg whites at low speed for 8-10 seconds.
- Increase to medium speed for 2 seconds.
- Pour the batter equally into prepare pans.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a cake tester inserted comes out clean.
- Let it stand for 5-10 minutes or before inverting placing in the rack to cool.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.