LOOK: Mango Cake recipe from Goldilocks Bakebook
Goldilocks Mango Cake
Ingredients – Measurements:
Vanilla Chiffon – 1 pc. 9” round cake
Mango Jam – ½ cup
Mango Cream – 2 ½ cups
Mango Cream Ingredients:
Mango Extract – 1/8 tsp
Non-dairy – 1 ¾ cup Whipping Cream
Fresh Mangoes – 1 cup peeled and cut into cubes
- Slice one 9” round vanilla cake horizontally into 3 equal parts.
- Place one layer of vanilla chiffon on a plate or cake board Spread ¼ cup (68 grams) of mango jam followed by ½ cup (50 grams) of mango cream.
- Repeat this with the 2nd layer. Then top with the last layer.
- Ice the whole cake with mango cream and tap the side using stainless spatula .
- Apply the cake border on top and base of the cake using the whipped cream.
Mango Cream Recipe:
- Combine the non-dairy whipping cream and mango extract in a mixing bowl with wire whisk attachment. Beat at medium speed until medium peaks are achieved.
- Separate 1 cup whipped cream for border. Set aside.
- Fold-in the mango cubes into the remaining cream.
- Set aside or store inside the chiller until ready to use.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.